• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revised Attack Potency Chart

Antvasima said:
Hmm. It sounds like you should PM Lord Kavpeny about this, and that it would be good if DontTalk calculated it to make sure.
That's a good plan to do, alright. Mmhmm.

Yup. We can't start the revision with extremely inaccurate values.

@Antvasima: I'll be sure to then...

But I don't really think that we'd need to recalculate thew GBE of the Galaxy. Cuz it's given by this. That's the formula for the binding energy of a typical galaxy like the Milky Way and it simply turns out that the Mass Energy of the Supermassive Black hole in our galaxy is 10^61 Ergs same with the GBE of our Galaxy...

Therefore we have in the case of the galaxies; the binding energy of the galaxy being comparable to the black hole energy...

But I'll ask just in case...

Edit: Nevermind I see that you've already asked him...

Okay. I will also PM Lord Kavpeny about this.

However, I think that what we really need is the energy required to destroy all planets and stars within a galaxy in an omnidirectional discharge.

You may be right but I'm a little edgy on that one cuz for that you'd get nearly as much energy as the Mass Energy of the Observable Universe or perhaps even exceed that depending on what use use as a medium...

Well, releasing an omnidirectional energy discharge is the way that most characters perform galactic destruction feats.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
You may be right but I'm a little edgy on that one cuz for that you'd get nearly as much energy as the Mass Energy of the Observable Universe or perhaps even exceed that depending on what use use as a medium...
What medium?

True but using the GBE of the Sun as a basis you'd get 3.187e+65 joules for Galaxy Level but using the GBE of the sun as a basis won't even scratch Neutron Stars which supposedly have a GBE of around 7.612 kiloFoe.

So we're left with using GBE of Neutron Stars for it and that would result in a massive amount of energy most likely far higher than the Mass Energy of the Observable Universe...

But if this wold produce more accurate results them I'm fine with it...

What medium?

Just look at this for the Solar System level the GBE of Neptune is used as the medium I guess.

For Galaxy Level the GBe of the Sun is used...

And depending on which medium/basis you use the results can be different...

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
What medium?
Just look at this for the Solar System level the GBE of Neptune is used as the medium I guess.
For Galaxy Level the GBe of the Sun is used...

And depending on which medium/basis you use the results can be different...

Thanks SDZ, it's hard to make up mind for me with so many variable values, I wonder which medium is really appropiate. Is there anything wrong if we pick omnidirectional explosion for galaxy as Ant suggested?

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2001-11/1004909251.As.r.html

I still think that this is a much more accurate value for Solar System Level, IMO.

"Most bombs go off and spread their energy out in all directions equally. This means that most of the blast energy will miss the planets. Each planet has to intercept the required amount of energy from the blast over its cross-sectional area (pi R2) when the initial ener'gy has been spread out of 4 pi a2 surface area (where a is the distance to the Sun). Working this out, you need 4(a/R)2 times more energy to blow up each planet to account for the wasted energy."

5.09e37 tons of TNT equivalent = 2.129656 KiloFoe

Also, I think Large Star Level should start at 4.51296311 Foe, as that's the GBE of the most massive star known,
R136a1: http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-gen...ction-list-orders-of-magnitude-for-vs-349083/

Hmm. That seems reasonable. I will ask Lord Kavpeny about this.

I made my own version of an attack potency chart going by that: http://sta.sh/01p19gtrm4ai

• Moon Level: 29.93412 Exatons - 228.6176376 Exatons
  • Moon Level+: 228.6176376 Exatons - 427.512781 Exatons
  • Small Planet Level: 427.512781 Exatons - 29.93412 Zettatons
  • Small Planet Level+: 29.93412 Zettatons - 59.4407266 Zettatons
  • Planet Level: 59.4407266 Zettatons - 1.3526171 Yottatons
  • Planet Level+: 1.3526171 Yottatons - 2.6457935 Yottatons
  • Large Planet Level: 2.6457935 Yottatons - 1.500847395 Tenatons
  • Large Planet Level+: 1.500847395 Tenatons - 2.999049 Tenatons
  • Small Star Level: 2.999049 Tenatons - 83.956503 Tenatons
  • Small Star Level+: 83.956503 Tenatons - 164.913957 Tenatons
  • Star Level: 164.913957 Tenatons - 2.2599316 Foe
  • Star Level+: 2.2599316 Foe - 4.51296311 Foe
  • Large Star Level: 4.51296311 Foe - 1.06708448 KiloFoe
  • Large Star Level+: 1.06708448 KiloFoe - 2.129656 KiloFoe
  • Solar System Level: 2.129656 KiloFoe - ???
+ Categories are simply the median of two different energy values for busting tiers, but they can easily be removed if viewed as unnecessary.

Ya know I would've been fine with using that if the dude didn't get the mass and radius of Neptune and thus it's GBE wrong...

About solar system and multi-solar system: this. If we decided to go for spherical explosion.

But I believe we decided to go with cylindrical explosions. That value comes from here I believe.

Multi-galaxy comes from here, using the same method. (not related to the energy necessary to destroy a galaxy).

So those just for reference on the discussions I remember to this point.

Now the question is Solar system and Galaxy level:

I would go for the OBD values. So 10 giga Foe for galaxy and 5.709e+44 Joules for Solar system level, but that is just my opinion.

Well, I would much prefer if you could please calculate the energy needed to destroy all of the matter in a galaxy in a spherical shockwave or energy burst. This would be extremely helpful for us. Thank you.

No. Those are fine the way that they are, I think. You can also simply use the (much lesser) volume for our galaxy if you prefer. Or perhaps it is better to do both, so Lord Kavpeny can more easily decide between them when he gets the time?

Also, could you please check if the science article, that Gerdkinerf first linked to for the energy required to destroy a solar system, appears to be correct?

Diameter Milkyway: 9.461E+20 m.

Area the explosion has to cover: 4*¤Ç*(9.461E+20 / 2)^2 = 2.812055951925949131e42 m^2

Frontal Area of the sun: ¤Ç*(696300000m)2 = 1.5231499587168312021e18 m^2

Energy to destroy the sun: 6.276x1041J after current chart. (star level)

(2.812055951925949131e42/1.5231499587168312021e18) * 6.276x1041J =

1.1586819179087987885e66 J = energy to destroy galaxy through spherical explosion.

That is very close to Multi-Galaxy. I will have to look over that and the other stuff again, but I am in a hurry right know. I will do so this as soon as I can.

so wait galaxy level means destroying everthing in a galaxy?

but so far, ceelestial pobject tiers were calculated based on their gbe, if we take the gbe route for galaxy level, then the energy comes out to be much lower

but yes, for completely destroying it, the result is what donttalk got

There is a massive difference between a compact celestial body and an enormous volume sparsely populated with comparatively incredibly small pieces of matter. Lord Kavpeny has explained this more indepth in his blog post linked above.

Take this for an (imperfect) example: http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-06-2015/xVbTBq.gif

well actually, i dont think just destroying the black hole is the only way to dismember a galaxy

one can apply an energy far greater than the gbe in order to provide energy to cause the whole galaxy to scatter

then again that isnt the destruction of a galaxy's contituent parts but it is the destruction of the galactic structure

destroying all parts however does yeild something around 10^22 foes (thats the case for complete annhilation og a galaxy)

so by galaxy busting, do u mean complete destruction, or dismemebrment which results in a new shapre that is not a galaxy?

I personally think that the actual destruction of something is what we have used as a gauge in all other cases, not just deformation.

Here is another image: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/4/4d/Galaxybusterelb9t.gif

Antvasima said:
Here is another image:
Galaxybusterelb9t.gif
when initislly thinking sbout galaxy busting, i rather thought of the scatting of of the structure alone

All of the light from the stars is shown to disappear.

Well, to me that implies that all of the stars were destroyed.

yes they were

what i said earlier is that when thinking of galaxy busting, i thought that its being used to describe that the structure itself (that is the galaxy) is destroyed, not the constituents

That is not the way that these feats are usually done as far as I am aware.

Antvasima said:
That is not the way that these feats are usually done as far as I am aware.

I think we should worry less about how feats are done more about the minimum energy required to do the feat.We almost never see a moon busting feat to be calculated at 29 exatons.(For ex: http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18403 Piccolo's moon busting is planet level or Whitebeards island tilting quakes are small country level or Jio Freed's Satan's Explosion which is barely as big as a city is Continent level stuff like that).We use GBE for moon planer or star always, not how charcters usually destroy them.So Why change that when it comes to Galaxy.

But if you insist on using the method how the feats are done then we get a ridiculous power gap between 4-A and 3-C.In that case I suggest that we insert a subcategory Low 3-C(small galaxy level).And calculate the energy required to bust Segue 2( one of the smallest galaxies out there) using the same method.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segue_2

Kind of a minor complaint/comment in the wake of all these galaxy ones, but...

Should Planet level be 50 zettatons to 2.7 yottatons? Since you need 53 zettatons to bust Earth, IIRC, and Earth will just continue to be really high Moon level with how the chart is now. It's a small difference, but.

Gerdkinerf said:
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2001-11/1004909251.As.r.html
I still think that this is a much more accurate value for Solar System Level, IMO.

"Most bombs go off and spread their energy out in all directions equally. This means that most of the blast energy will miss the planets. Each planet has to intercept the required amount of energy from the blast over its cross-sectional area (pi R2) when the initial ener'gy has been spread out of 4 pi a2 surface area (where a is the distance to the Sun). Working this out, you need 4(a/R)2 times more energy to blow up each planet to account for the wasted energy."

5.09e37 tons of TNT equivalent = 2.129656 KiloFoe

Also, I think Large Star Level should start at 4.51296311 Foe, as that's the GBE of the most massive star known,
R136a1: http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-gen...ction-list-orders-of-magnitude-for-vs-349083/
Wait one problem

Neptune's GBE is WAY off in the thing

Also I think Large Star Level should not start with the largest star, but with the most average blue supergiant.

Ok, the GBE for the sun. I get a different one then the low end of Star level we use. This is important, because the value I get is the one currently used in the Multi-Galaxy level calc.

It also means I have to correct my Galaxy level calc.

GBE Sun:

Mass Sun: 1.98855 * 10^30 kg

Radius sun: 696342000 m

Per this formula (the one at the top of the article):

GBE Sun: (3*(6.674*10^-11)*(1.98855*10^30)^2)/(5*696342000) = 2.273986556440800641064304608942157732838174345364777652360478041e41

That is 1/3 of what we and some other blogs have listed.

Using that info I have redone the Galaxy level calc and get 4.19775218906802278e65 J as value. Which is a more reasonable distance between Galaxy and Multi-Galaxy level.

Now the question is if the value we currently have and some OBD guys use is more accurate / who is wrong here.

Back