• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Marvel's Abstracts (Part 2.5 of ?????)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's a bit more complicated than that when you take into account Spider-Man Annual 1999.

In t6hat, Man-Thing had the power of the Nexus, Fallen Stars, Adam Ka'dmon, Ellen , and the Staff of the Divine Creator in him simultaneously and was seemingly perfectly fine.

So it's more like:
Daydreamers Franklin >>>> Adam Ka'dmon.
Yeah

Well, we don't know if he had to blow up all of the universes one-by-one, so I still think that he should receive uncertain tier ratings.

Also, as I mentioned in your other thread, please keep an eye on "Dominion" (presumably Mother Righteous and "G.O.D.S.").
So about this...

Just to be clear, this "God" entity, the character that manifests this entire cosmology is undeniably Tier 0, right?

No, TOAA is High 1-A as far I am aware, but may receive a higher rating if Al Ewing reveals a higher scale of the cosmology beyond The House of Ideas, which he strongly hinted at given that I think that his higher cosmology is based on Kabbalah, and he has not remotely reached the Atzmus yet as far as I am aware.

Will probably be, if Ewing ever formally introduces it (And it's not exactly clear he will). As of now it's hardly even a character, though, so much as a very obliquely alluded thing.
We can't treat it how we treated The Writer and the Oversoul and give it a profile for the time being?

So about this...
I'm not gonna lie, G.O.D.S utterly terrifies me, but I'll keep an eye for whatever developments arise from it, yes, and those are sure to come in droves.

As for Abraxas: Well, he does have feats like merging Earths together with his arrival in the multiverse alone, and whatnot, so as said the point is that his ultimate aim was to destroy Eternity himself, and not simply the universes contained in him. So like I said I don't think him needing external means to accomplish this means he doesn't scale to Multi-Eternity. They're still pretty clearly on the same level of existence.

Uatu was generally portrayed as comparable to Galactus' hungrier states in older stories, overall in the same era where Galactus and Odin were often described as rivals in power. High 1-B is probably fine for the Watchers.

God Doom is Low 1-A, probably.
Hey, 2 small things about the edits you made to Doom's profile:

1. Doom's tier still only goes up to 2-A when it should go up to High 1-B

2. His maximum prep speed should be Infinite instead of MFTL+ since he scales to Galactus and the Watchers.

Also, do you think God Emperor Doom should have the P&A of one of the Beyonders (including what the OG Beyonder and Cosmic Cube had)?

And do you think the above justification for Uatu regarding his fight with Aron reverberating across "the infinite rivers of reality" and "the thousand planes of reality" is a good supporting feat to add to his profile? It's from Fantastic Four #400.

I'm not gonna lie, G.O.D.S utterly terrifies me, but I'll keep an eye for whatever developments arise from it, yes, and those are sure to come in droves.
Hickman and Gillen teaming up to further completely corrupt and mutilate Marvel Comics' cosmology obviously doesn't bring me a lot of faith either, but you at least did your best (and an outstandingly great job) in making coherent sense of the old cosmology.

Speaking of which, would you be willing to create a regular "Marvel Comics Cosmology" page similar to the one we already have for DC Comics? It can potentially be updated with an extra section for the upcoming Hickman/Gillen cosmology later.

As for Abraxas: Well, he does have feats like merging Earths together with his arrival in the multiverse alone, and whatnot, so as said the point is that his ultimate aim was to destroy Eternity himself, and not simply the universes contained in him. So like I said I don't think him needing external means to accomplish this means he doesn't scale to Multi-Eternity. They're still pretty clearly on the same level of existence.
I still think that he was left so ambiguous that he should receive and "At least ..., likely ..." rating.

Also, the Hulk also has a High 3-A feat of causing earthquakes at an infinite number of planets at the same time when in the Crossroads Nexus... but Ironclad helped him out...
Partially contributing to a High 3-A feat still makes you High 3-A. We can’t really divide that to a lower tier.

I meant that Ironclad is normally not portrayed at even the Thing's power level, so it seems like a massive outlier for him.

Same. If G.O.D.S ends up being another Dark Crisis let's just split it

Hickman and Gillen teaming up to further completely corrupt and mutilate Marvel Comics' cosmology obviously doesn't bring me a lot of faith either, but you at least did your best (and an outstandingly great job) in making coherent sense of the old cosmology.

Speaking of which, would you be willing to create a regular "Marvel Comics Cosmology" page similar to the one we already have for DC Comics? It can potentially be updated with an extra section for the upcoming Hickman/Gillen cosmology later.

I still think that he was left so ambiguous that he should receive and "At least ..., likely ..." rating.
I can attempt it if that's alright. I've read all three posts a couple of times to review them

I hope Part 3 revises the P&A of the characters as well, because some profiles (Uatu, Dormammu, Nightmare) have P&A sections that suck.

Shouldn't The Protege scale from being a bit more powerful than The Living Tribunal?

You seem to have a go-ahead, yes, but we also need to find ALL of the character and item pages that are affected by these revisions, so help from other members with checking through all of the listed pages in our Marvel Comics category page would be very appreciated. 🙏

Also, the Hulk also has a High 3-A feat of causing earthquakes at an infinite number of planets at the same time when in the Crossroads Nexus... but Ironclad helped him out...

Hey, 2 small things about the edits you made to Doom's profile:

1. Doom's tier still only goes up to 2-A when it should go up to High 1-B

2. His maximum prep speed should be Infinite instead of MFTL+ since he scales to Galactus and the Watchers.
Would you mind unlocking Doom's profile just so I can correct these?
Also, do you think God Emperor Doom should have the P&A of one of the Beyonders (including what the OG Beyonder and Cosmic Cube had)?

And do you think the above justification for Uatu regarding his fight with Aron reverberating across "the infinite rivers of reality" and "the thousand planes of reality" is a good supporting feat to add to his profile? It's from Fantastic Four #400.
I'd like your opinion on these.

I can also get the scan for the Watcher statement if you want.

Just wanted to quickly put these two profiles into awareness:

I assume the Phoenixbuster is getting Low 1-A? Either way, the Thorbuster should get downgraded to High 3-A

Btw, what is Old King Thor's scaling gonna look like?

Please tell me we can scale him to the Phoenix Force again, or something like that.

Which reminds me, a tier 1 Marvel character who definitely needs his own profile is none other than Doom Supreme.

What do you think, Ultima?
I mean, at least for the Doom stuff, since he wasn't getting back at first and it's just 2 simple errors on his profile that need to be fixed, that's why I was just asking you.

I'd let you know when the revisions were done so that you could reclose the profile.

About Marquis, his profile got deleted?
Yeah, though if it ever came back (which I doubt since he was only in like 6 issues), he'd be a High 1-B minimum and Low 1-A at maximum.

High 1-B since a Doom who, after being trained by the MoD himself for centuries, killed a Watcher still said that the MoD was vastly stronger than him.

Low 1-A since when he fought Good Clyde Wincham, he used Eternity in their fight of throwing entities at each other.

Also, since Doctor Strange's forcefields scale to a clone of Silver Surfer in durability (though considering what those forcefields have endured from tier 1 entities they should honestly be higher), should his 3-C forcefields get boosted to High 3-A durability?

Yeah, though if it ever came back (which I doubt since he was only in like 6 issues), he'd be a High 1-B minimum and Low 1-A at maximum.

High 1-B since a Doom who, after being trained by the MoD himself for centuries, killed a Watcher still said that the MoD was vastly stronger than him.

Low 1-A since when he fought Good Clyde Wincham, he used Eternity in their fight of throwing entities at each other.
I Just remembered we are forgeting about The Stranger. What about him? He is an abstract too.

That wasn't Ultima, it was me. Fixed.
Btw thanks for making Doom's official tier High 1-B instead of 2-A, but his max prep speed scales to Galactus and Uatu so it should be changed from Massively FTL+ to Infinite.

Just a minor change.

Actually, maybe Doom's 1984 Beyonder Key should be merged with the rest of his absorption/prep, since Doom's other High 1-B feats are on that level (or exceed it, in the case of absorbing HoM Scarlet Witch's energy).

What do you think, @Antvasima and @Ultima_Reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back