• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Resident Evil profiles

Attack Potency and Scaling

Profiles like Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield and Piers Niavans, are rated 9-C physically, despite the fact they all can crush a Zombie head with a casual stomp and would logically be comparable to their partners in the story, similarly, The Hunter is only rated 9-C, despite their canon superiority to Zombies and the ability to easily crush the roof of vehicles by jumping on them, They should be bumped to 9-B by simple powerscaling to the monsters they have killed.

On another similar topic, Leon S. Kennedy is rated 9-A with the rocket launcher, but the rocket launcher in-game can one-shot el Gigante, destroy large boulders and even an alternate variation of it was canonically used to Kill Saddler, who would obviously scale to El Gigante's feat of destroying a large boulder, so it should be fair to rate him High 8-C when using heavy weapons like that.

Another problem I want to bring up is that only Leon and Ethan Winters have their weaponry listed in their profiles and only them, despite the fact every other character in the series has access to weapons and explosives during the events of their game, so they should also get a key similar to both separate from their physical abilities.

While we're on the topic of weapons I'd like to point out the fact that they tend to have feats above those of their real-life counterparts such as the aforementioned rocket launcher, Handguns that can kill zombie dogs which could resist being run over and not suffer notiecable damage, knock over iron signs with a few shots; machineguns that can destory large boulders with far less shots than it would take any real weapon to do and grenades that seem to pack several KGs of tnt. Considering the previous showings and the fact that it'd be nonsensical for any of the characters to be carrying pea-shooters weaker than they are physically It should be fair to assume they deserve an "At least 9-B" with small arms.

TL;DR Characters who can physically kill Zombies get bumped to 9-B, those with acess to guns and explosives get an aditional key rating them as "At least 9-B" with small arms, High 8-C with heavy weapons and explosives

Speed issues
This might be quite controversial, but as of now, Leo who supposedly has feats of dodging bullets is rated as Supersonic+, but according to the guidelines we can only give a "+" to calculated feats that warrant it, furthermore I don't recall him ever doing any of the sort in the series, and as far as Jill's second key speed is concerned, she seemed to be relying mostly on aimdodging (though I'm not 100% certain and we might need to analyze the fight frame by frame), so as far as I know, only Wesker himself has any feats that warrant his rating from the fact he can dodge any bullet point-blank during his fight in-game.

However there are several feats that are relevant and should warrant a rating until they're calculated, namely the very first and weakest tyrant deflecting a rocket a few cms away from him, the Super Tyrant doing the same, Jill side-stepping missiles from nemesis, Claire reacting and dodging sniper rounds, again from a shorter distance.

I believe all of those are good enough to warrant a tentative subsonic rating for the majority of the characters until they're evaluated (I calculated the tyrant feat to be supersonic which is pending revision at the moment). The feats from the Tyrants and the like would also scale to the main cast as they'd need to be able to dodge their attacks in such close quarters and Leon himself has done so during the events of damnation.

Thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

Also, Chris can probably get a 9-B key for his appearance in RE7 which took place before the main series

I don't know really, to be honest unless some of their feats get calculated he'd be 9-B across the board with the only meaningful change being his increased experience when fighting B.O.W.s, though I can see him having two keys one separating his appearances between code veronica and resi 5, same for Leon between Resi 2 and 4

I agree with 9-B stats from them, same for the speed as combat speed. Higher for those with small arms and High 8-C for heavy weaponry.

Not all the bosses are High 8-C, only a few of them like El Gigante, Monster Saddler, Uroboros Aheri, Uroboros Wesker, and Mega-Fly Derek.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also, Chris can probably get a 9-B key for his appearance in RE7 which took place before the main series
U w0t mate. RE7 takes place in 2017.

On topic: wesker can tank RPG shots at point blank range. Should his durability get upgraded? I mean, you can call it outlier, but its the only way you can stagger him and its canon.

PaChi2 said:
On topic: wesker can tank RPG shots at point blank range. Should his durability get upgraded?
That is Post Virus Wesker, who has 9-A dura.

That is Post Virus Wesker, who has 9-A dura.

I know, but if heavy weaponry happens to be High 8-C then the RPG he tanked is high 8-C, no?

In fact, while El Gigante gets straight out oneshot by a RPG shot, it takes several hits + thr serum to weaken him enough for the main cast to actually keep up with him.

Well, in the RE world normal rocket launchers can cause High 8-C damage as opposed to to ours which are 9-A or higher, so yes.

Also, now that we are at it, we should edit the ages in some profiles since apparently Jill remains at 39 throughout the series.

Well there are some feats that might justify bumping wesker'S durability tier, namely Manuela vaporizing a large volume of tissue with her flames from Darkside Chronicles, which scales to Alexias own which she hit Wesker with. https://youtu.be/zVHGKWDnb6w

So far these will be the major changes

Tier: 9-B At least 9-B With small arms, High 8-C with heavy weapons and explosives (The last part, imo, exclusive to those who have used such weaponry, so characters like HUNK, Sherry, Jake, etc might be excluded from that)

Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Ada Wong, Sheva Alomar, Piers Niavans, Sherry Birki, Jake Muller, HUNK, Jack Krauser

Attack Potency Wall level to anyone who has ever killed or substantially harmed a Zombie (Resident Evil) or infected that are stronger than them.

Speed: Subsonic combat speed/reactions is the general speed for most characters which includes creatures that have given substantial trouble to the cast or are comparable to Tyrant T-103 such as Nemesis (Resident Evil), William Birki G1 to G4 and probably Verdugo.

Durability: Large Building Level for Albert Wesker 2nd Key

Also the verse page needs to be fixed so all of the characters are in it and sorted by factions.

Additional thoughts/feedback?

Before applying them, should Nemesis and his final forms scale to the heavy weaponry stuff?, it's possible that Verdugo, Mutated William strongest forms, Post C Virus Piers and Krauser Mutated Arm [which can oneshot most enemies in the game like him with just a swing] scale to 9-A from Mendez and Saddler, who can both easily overpower and kill Leon or Ada in their base and both can take the explosion of a barrel of petrol?. While the rocket projectile Mutated Krauser took was only 9-A, i'm not sure about the Building level dura for T-103, which is scaled to Mutated Birkin other forms Dura, so i feel that could be calced.

I also feel that Excella should scale to the other char. as shown in Mercenaries.

Dark649 said:
I also feel that Excella should scale to the other char. as shown in Mercenaries.
Excella being in mercenaries is kinda eh. She never demonstrated fighting capabilities in the plot.

Dark649 said:
Before applying them, should Nemesis and his final forms scale to the heavy weaponry stuff?, it's possible that Verdugo, Mutated William strongest forms, Post C Virus Piers and Krauser Mutated Arm [which can oneshot most enemies in the game like him with just a swing] scale to 9-A from Mendez and Saddler, who can both easily overpower and kill Leon or Ada in their base and both can take the explosion of a barrel of petrol?. While the rocket projectile Mutated Krauser took was only 9-A, i'm not sure about the Building level dura for T-103, which is scaled to Mutated Birkin other forms Dura, so i feel that could be calced.
Mutated Krauser should probably be bumped to 9-A, he most likely scales from Mendez and Verdugo the former did tank a 200L petrol tank exploding next to him and the later seriously bent an steel dooor, which should be close to the upper end of 9-B given how elastic limit works.

And as far as his arm goes in merceneries, he can pulverize upward of 10 people which does have a measurable yield of joule/cm3 human body pulverization 12.9j/cc

As far as nemesis and the T-103 go I think they should be put on hold for anything but speed atm , they do have many uncalced feats of their own, like T-103 busting through the ceiling of a room and being completely unscratched, him seriously bending a thick steel plate, Nemesis resisting 4 propane tanks exploding very close to him, and he himself tanking the explosion of his own rocket launcher (which I'm not so sure we should scale to the ones the main characters use)

If there are no objections I could help applying the changes to the aforementioned profiles along with Class 10 lifting strength to characters comparable to, or above Leon/Helena.

If possible I'll also restructure the verse page later so it's divided by factions and includes all of the missing characters.

I need to ask some stuff I wanted to add to wesker:

Resistance to high temperatures in his Post Virus / Uroboros form: he was thrown into a volcano (as human) and drown in lava (uroboros) with no apparent signs of it stopping him or affecting him.

idk if it qualifies, though.

It's possible, it could that he was feeling pain which also translated into his immense rage towards Chris and the others trying to drag the helicopter.

I finished applying changes to the relevant profiles. though some of them are lacking in certain aspects I believe it is wiser to fix them later after in another revision thread.

Maybe it would be better way for RE2 Remake be released before trully revisit both T-103 and Birkin's profiles.

Unless something huge happens the profiles should be similar to their current status.

PaChi2 said:
Unless something huge happens the profiles should be similar to their current status.
I see.

And keeping the theme, in term of canonicity of the series are the Remakes put above the Originals or they are place at the same level? Since feats that have happen in both versions may had be performed in a slightly differently way.

And what about other games in the series like Outbreak Files 1/2, Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles, Revelations 1/2? Are they accepted as canon (more or less) meaning feats from those games are considered valid?

It this valid even for something like Operation Raccoon City?

Afaik, Revelations is canon.

The chronicles series are only canon to themselves except maybe the "chronicles only" side stories like Wesker's. And remakes > originals since they are basically a retcon.

PaChi2 said:
The chronicles series are only canon to themselves except maybe the "chronicles only" side stories like Wesker's.
So only the feats performed in those stories are taken intro consideration?

What about Outbreak series? There was an easter egg in RE7 were Alyssa Ashcroft is mentioned, suggesting the events in those games did happen in canon.

ORC isn't canon.

Revelation games are 100% canon

I think only Gun Survivor 1 and Dead Aim are canon, Gun Survivor Code Veronica isn't

AFAIK Chronicles series are semi-canon, the retellings of previous games for the most part aren't but the original scenarios in those games are ie: Operation Javier, Umbrella's fall, Wesker's escape from the mansion and Ada's escape from Raccoon.

Outbreak is iffy but all of the scenarios can easily fit into the canon timeline, the biggest departure from established canon is the depiction of Raccoon's city destruction which is portrayed as happening from multiple missiles instead of one, but Umbrella chronicles references both, so it's likely just an inconsistency in the timeline as a whole. In addition to that RE7 namedrops Alyssa Ashcroft who is one of the survivors from that game, and Rita Phillips who appeared in the RPD scenario is also mentioned in a file from RE2make.

The three CGI movies are canon.

Whoops, hadnt seen the Operation Raccoon city part.

Obviously its non-canon.

Back