• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Tiamat (and possibly others?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was discussed before but just thrown down as too extensive and complicated, or was that about the terms beyond the more general ones...? I don't really remember.

But I am actually fully on board for a cosmology log.

Question, I haven't been following this for a couple days, but if a cosmology log of the verse happens. Are some characters going to be downgraded?

Just from what Regis is telling me the "planet" of Fate is like some sort of layered onion of "textures", and destroying one of these "textures" isn't tantamount to destroying the planet. The closest apoximation that I can think of on the wiki is how GoW is made of a bunch of pocket realities of different mythologies.

Basically I get the whole World =/= Planet thing now.

I still don't get much of it even after getting an explaination from Ram and Regis so a cosmology blog is probably needed to accurately rate the God Tiers.

Imo, a base form gilgmaesh downgrade make sense as it feels more aligned with his Final Acscension/Legendary Mystic code/ amp when fighting BB. but a blog explaining the verse would be very helpful. This texture thing is new to me.

Outside of Regis/Ram, is there any other notable users I should contact for help in making a cosmology blog?

Oof, thats basically asking to start something. Regardless, if Regis has scans to back up his claims then there should be no problem. Especially with Ram, Repp and Iap there to coordinate with.

Looking at some lore for Nasuverse I honestly doubt that destroying a planet in the Nasuverse is solely 5-B. Gaia is less just a planetary body and more like an entire reality with many layers to it, and different Worlds can be interpreted as different Timelines branching off and whatnot. Nevermind layers of reality and laws around their version of the planet.

I'm currently discussing this with Matt as well, it seems that making a cosmology blog is agreed, but Matt is very firm on not letting Regis actively participate in it due to concerns of behavior. I have offered to play telephone for Regis and convey his points myself, which Matt has agreed to.

So Ever and Regis would be participating by proxy through Matt and myself respectively, while we would also have Ram, Repp (possibly), and Iapitus on board.

Matt is against making a discord so I can try making a discussion thread for it here. I will quote and display points/evidence Regis makes to me there. Hopefully this can allow us to find some sort of consistency as to what all this terminology consitutes in verse.

I personally think barring Regis from the discussion is warrented only in that he and Matt can't seem to discuss topics politely, so myself mediating the discussion will hopefully make this less of a problem.

That's pretty ridiculous if he has the evidence too back up his claims, what is he gonna do make imaginary novel entries that every other knowledgeable person will vouch for lol?

Also who's "Ever" btw I see that person mentioned alot but I never see that person post?

The nasuverse is one of my favorite verses and has pretty interesting lore and cosmology so I hope you guys do a good job

I'm not too sure why Matt is allowed to participate as well, given that he doesn't exactly have the best understanding on the cosmology or his past behaviour in Nasu threads. Especially when Ram is being asked to participate as well, who isn't exactly too sure of him being unvlbiased and accepting and understanding this stuff.

It's more just a "this won't be finished at all if we don't specifically address Matt without making a shitshow". Both your and Matt's points need to be accounted for and discussed/resolved peacefully if we want to actually accomplish anything.

Looking at past history you two can't keep your shit together in discussions so someone has to debate by proxy.

I mean, what else is there to address? Most of what I told you was already posted here and in past threads by Ram and some other people regarding the planet and terminology. There's nothing else out there that contradicts that info. Might as well address that here, even if Matt hasn't before in past threads.

Using a medium allows possibly inflammatory comments to be filtered out, to avoid getting either party in trouble.

The issue is one of both parties though. The omission of one of the two should solve most of the issues, and Regis also has problems with another user so I guess it should be him, but care should be taken even without him directly there to stay civil.

Also self love can you not

RegisNex1232 said:
I mean, what else is there to address? Most of what I told you was already posted here and in past threads by Ram and some other people regarding the planet and terminology. There's nothing else out there that contradicts that info. Might as well address that here, even if Matt hasn't before in past threads.
It's a matter of interpretation rather than sources. Matt has linked me a number of quotes that apply to his version of it, you have linked a number of quotes that apply to yours. At this point we need impartial third parties (Repp, Iapitus, Ever), to weigh in and discuss more general topics.

I'd rather have a more controlled environment to discuss the cosmology as a whole.

The point I'm making is that whenever the evidence shown to Dargoo has been brought up before, like here in this thread or on my wall, Matt has not exactly tried to underatand it, claiming that the authors are just using the two different terms interchangeably and anything else is incorrect. You can ask the others and they won't have much to bring out that isn't already here, since the sources provided were where we got a proper understanding of how the planet works with magic and such. So this discussion seems a bit pointless when one side is basically going to have to bring up the same stuff over and over again while Matt tries to figure it out.

If 3-4 impartial experts on the verse accept the quotes and Matt doesn't it's not like Matt alone will bar the changes from happening.

Hence why I need a controlled environment where Matt and you can present your cases to Ram, Iapitus, Possibly Ever, and Repp without exchanging petty remarks.

I've linked interpretations of the in-verse knowledgeable sources like Merlin and Sherlock, and Ram has linked to stuff said by Da Vinci before. A lot of the terminology is already present in FGO Materials, of which people have already posted pictures and translations off the site, where one only really needs to look up specific characters with specific Noble Phantasms to get what I have said before. This much is out there, but a lot of what Matt has linked to is generally missing context that others have pointed out to be incompatible with some of the stuff he's said.

Sure, and you can tell that to me and I'll relay it to Repp/Iapitus/Ram and ask for their opinions, and we can organize conclusions into a blog that will help explain the situation to regular users.

What I'd recommend to you is type up long and detailed explanations of your argument in full and why your interpretation is correct to send to Dargoo, links and all.

As proven by a few recent threads, even admins can't stonewall revisions forever if they're conclusively debunked. The environment being a controlled one and Matt not having to interact with you (This sounds mean, but it eliminates most of the possible issue of matt being stubborn just to spite you) should allow your ideas to flourish more, if they have merit and can be backed up.

No offense to anyone whos been a past admin here (I dont know who this Ever or whatever is because they seemed to have been banned long before I came here), but if they're banned from this site for a reason why is their word suddenly an influential factor in a revision thread here?

Just curious.

I'll be devil's advocate and say their interpretations regarding the verse are no less valid than any other unless they were banned for having excessive amounts of positive/negative bias towards the verse in question.

though it may seem like poor practice to bring their arguments on the table I say it's better to be honest and say where they're coming from instead of pretending otherwise, and people can be genuinely convinced by them and end up presenting them here anyways.

Even if we take the idea of destroying the World as Destroying the Texture of the human world then at most it only be Planet Surfece level rather then Planet level since the Texture only wraps around the planet. The Human world isn't on the real planet, rather just slightly above it

It's actually not that complicated of a Verse once you start getting into it I was well aware that World =/= Planet within Nasuverse even though I wasn't aware how the human world is connected to the planet. Though I suppose those who are not interested in playing through the games or reading the novels a Blog would help, especially if they want to see the origional text.

. Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't think it's only High 6-A given how things work and the direct statements of many feats.
The only real feat for 5-A is Gil has in Fate/strange fake, anything else is simply scaling back towards him. Tiamat scales above Gil and Ekidu, while Kiara also scales above Gil with a vauge explanation of her one attack that makes her look like she's larger then Earth, and Ishtar was dissproven.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I would trust Repp and Prom and Iapetus but I don't trust Regis. I even trust Ever outside of the wiki, tho.
Xersker500 said:
No offense to anyone whos been a past admin here (I dont know who this Ever or whatever is because they seemed to have been banned long before I came here), but if they're banned from this site for a reason why is their word suddenly an influential factor in a revision thread here?
If we're using banned members' inputs on the matter then may we use the inputs of Kamiyasha and Fabtastic Glasses who are also banned?

Both were knowledgeable members on Fate and participated in the previous revisions given their extensive knowledge on Fate. It could actually help out quite a lot if so.

The problem with the Strange Fake feat is that it didn't affect every part of the World of Man. It was juat limited to that section of North America where Gil and Enkidu were fighting. There really wasn't any indication that the parts in say Japan or Australia were collapsing anytime soon. There's a range component that Ea doesn't meet unlike Surtr, who has done this sort of stuff on a larger scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back