• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the conclusion for storm calcs is going to be. Weekly did mention that "nothing will change" despite density of cloud being revised, but I also heard other arguments on AssaltWaffle's wall. Not sure how this calc's going to be treated though. The low-end however seems consistent with both the Bolganone and the meteor and may possible have them scale to Meteor.

If the high-end is accepted; it won't be an outlier given it's an SS-rank tome. But it would only scale to Laguz nobles, other SS-rank weapons; including Alondite and base-Ragnell. Would scale to The Black Knight for obvious reasons.

Honestly, I really like the consistency with Bolganone and Meteor for the first 2 ends, but I'm fine if we don't accept them

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Not sure what the conclusion for storm calcs is going to be. Weekly did mention that "nothing will change" despite density of cloud being revised, but I also heard other arguments on AssaltWaffle's wall. Not sure how this calc's going to be treated though. The low-end however seems consistent with both the Bolganone and the meteor and may possible have them scale to Meteor.

If the high-end is accepted; it won't be an outlier given it's an SS-rank tome. But it would only scale to Laguz nobles, other SS-rank weapons; including Alondite and base-Ragnell. Would scale to The Black Knight for obvious reasons.
Yeah, things are being discussed and will likely move into the general forum shortly. Here is the discussion on my wall as of now.

Agreed, it's probably best to wait for the conclusion of that forum discussion and decide scaling based on the outcome.

I agree

though I do have an idea of how it would scale regardless of the chosen values(s)

Oh yeah, none of the SS-rank weapons are like divine weapons aside from Ragnell or Alondite, so it could scale to regular characters. Tellius is the strongest Fire Emblem universe either way; while Sacred Stones is going to be the weakest.

Except SS is going to be Galaxy level

So I think was it decided that our old standard is legit, so Small City level hype. Should scale to all SS rank weapons; Vague Katti, Wishblade, Urvan, Double Bow, Baselard, Rexflame, Rexcalibur, Rexaura, and Balberith. Alondite and Ragnell should be superior to them naturally and it should also scales to the Laguz Kings.

I should also make note most of these weapons are typically used by bosses and mini-bosses; Ike and Zelgius should be superior to them even without Ragnell or Alondite respectively. There's also Zelgius stomping Skrimir without Alondite or his armor, who is thought to be almost as strong as his Uncle and even Naesala the Raven King was scared of Skrimir at one point. Zelgius was also able to go toe to toe with Tibarn without Alondite or Black armor also.

I said I think it was, Executioner N0 provided legitimacy with our current 1.003 kg rating. the 0.5 g rating comes from the assumption that clouds are 100% water vapor, which is not really the case. There is liquid in the clouds. Also, clouds manipulation feats aren't manipulating water exclusively, more so that the air is also being manipulated. Which is what ultimately yields higher results.

Maybe it's still being discussed, but I'm pretty sure none of our calcs are going to change. Wario's not loosing his Low 5-B rating anytime soon

@Dark

Actually I'm just trying to finish my other topics and finals before discussing it. The 0.5 grams is from liquid water content, not water vapor. Clouds themselves are liquid water and should be appropriately treated.

Executor did not provide evidence for the 1.003 kg value, as you must look at the way back machine and ignore all recent research to still believe that value. Furthermore, the original study citation is now absent from the exact page that served as the original assertion of that value.

This will be addressed in time, don't you worry.

That's fine, take your time. And well, I didn't necessarily mean that the change in cloud wasn't true, but more so that the result won't change the yield of most calcs all that much; given that air density holds more weight.

And it's fine, I can wait.

Yeah, it requires a significant degree of air manipulation to even move clouds in the first place. So it's not specifically the density of the clouds that holds most of the weight, but rather air density. Executor N0 and DarkAnine mentioned something like this also and it's because of that reason that cloud feats are remaining as impressive as they are now. That said, justification for cloud feats might be altered, but the feats themselves are still pretty legit. In fact, they actually might be slightly upgraded.

I don't see how it can increase unless the density of the atmosphere increase too (that isn't something that we can control).

Also, you do not need to move clouds to cause an storm, one just need to increase the amount of humidity in the air; really is that I don't known why we always assume that the character brings clouds/storms from beyond the horizont when it can be created in the area, isn't like the amount of clouds in the world do not increase or decrease.

Lightning tomes including Rex Bolt can be used in deserts that initially have no clouds in the first place. And whenever Rexbolt or other tomes are used, the clouds appear and then are no longer there after the attack is done. So either the clouds were created out of nothing and then later destroyed, or moved from a different location and them dispuresed.

But what about deserts that are described has having 0% humidity and 0% chance of rain?

Of course, in real life there's few but large deserts that can't clouds due having no humidity at all (there's other factors such atmospheric pressure). That's it, the point of weather manipulation is to alter the current weather, not to bring the weather from the other side of the world to that point, if I have to choose between telekinetically move the weather from other place and creating your own, I'll go for the last one (is more realistic since storms do not moves from country to country, they appears in the zone and disappears later).

Well, it's not exactly a different country, but a specific area in contained in a country. Still, creating clouds of of nothing in an area with no humidity is still an impressive feat that could yield good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back