• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rey and Kylo Ren's speed stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was looking around and saw Rey's profile and it said she was "likely sub-relativistic" but otherwise unknown. I then saw Kylo Ren's profile and his speed is only "Massively Hypersonic." Shouldn't his speed be at least equal to Rey? I don't understand the scaling here at all.

What's more, is that Rey's speed stats are based on Kylo's. I agree that we should probably either downgrade Rey's speed or up Kylo's, but what makes more sense here?

I wasn't part of the decision process involving these stats so I'm not too sure. Although if I had to guess I would upgrade Ren since other Sith/Jedi are also sub-relativistic

Several staff agreed to downgrade allforce users (Except EU) to Subsonic movement with Hypersonic combat speed and Massively Hypersonic reactions argumented by precognition

But some profiles were never edited (Likely due to other important revisions)

So Rey should be downgraded

Huh. Alright that's cool then. When do you think the profiles will be updated then? No pressure or anything just curious

@AidenBrooks999 Feel free to perform the remaining downgrades if you find the time, or to ask some other staff member who was involved to handle it.

The changes have been made for Rey's speed. It now reads:

• Speed: Likely Subsonic movement with Hypersonic reactions/combat speed. Massively Hypersonic reactions augmented by precognition (Was able to keep up with Kylo Re in battle after getting used to her powers of the force)
Any thoughts?

I have mentioned Force Speed beside Rey's speed settings. It should read "Subsonic movement with Force Speed" and everything else now.

Should I conclude the thread, or should I leave it open in case anyone wants to add in on Rey's speed?

Also, would Kylo Ren being injured (lol bowcaster) during the fight against Rey affect his speed rating at all?

Everything looks good to me except the range.

Someone please change the range to:

Range: Extended melee range with staff and lightsaber, dozens of metres with NN-14 blaster pistol

Note: NN-14 blaster pistol likely has effective range of 50 to 100 metres. This is the effective range of most other blaster pistols in the franchise and the NN-14 should be in the same league.

I am fine with if somebody wants to change the range.

The requested changes will be added to Rey's profile soon. I will edit this post once the addictions have been confirmed.

Well, are there any other Star Wars profiles that were never updated?

Just noticed that Disney canon Luke Skywalker is still sub-relativistic. His speeds stats should be downgraded like other Disney canon Force adepts. I guess nobody got to it since the profile is locked.

For Luke Skywalker's speed, I am guessing...

• Speed: Subsonic movement with Hypersonic reactions/combat speed. Massively Hypersonic reactions augmented by precognition.
The descriptions for Luke's speed will be written as

• Capable of trading strikes with Magnaguards (A New Hope [Disney Canon])
  • Capable of trading strikes with Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back [Disney Canon])
  • Managed to overwhelm Darth Vader during their final duel (Return of the Jedi [Disney Canon])
The speed settings for The So will be changed as well. The Son should scale to all the other force users since his force powers > any other force user. This would also mean adding an "At least" phrase before describing his speed settings. So, The Son's speed settings should be read as:

• Speed: At least Subsonic movement with Hypersonic reactions/combat speed. Massively Hypersonic reactions augmented by precognition.

@Lina

The Son in his creature form can match the speed of Anakin and Kenobi's shuttle. I think those things have speeds in the ballpark of 800 to 1200 km/hr (in atmosphere). So Subsonic+ to Transonic flight speed in creature form?

Seems to make sense.

It would be preferable to find some proof regarding the speeds of those shuttles however. If they are 800 to 1200km/hr, that is about 222.22m/s at the bare minimum.

So Subsonic+ flight speed in creature form is a given.

No speed rating is given for the Eta shuttle Anakin and Kenobi used on Mortis. But all other shuttles seen in the franchise have speeds ranging from 800 km/hr to 1200 km/hr. The Lambda for example has a top atmospheric speed of 850 km/hr. Makes sense for the Eta shuttle to also be at least Subsonic+

The Lambda should be comparable to the Eta Shuttle in speed then. I'll add that to The Son's profile regarding his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back