• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse demigods revision (Burning Maze spoilers)

Also if every single demigod are the same as the likes of Leo, Hazel and Annabeth, everybody should go and fight Kronos and the Giants so they can easily win.

No one gets obliterated by Annabeth? No one has superhuman feats on par with Percy or Jason?

All of the Seven could hold their own against Giants and Titans, which Percy and Jason have trouble fighting.

I don't think the Seven used a lot of their powers in the final fight against Giants. Mainly just weapons and physical strength.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I don't think the Seven used a lot of their powers in the final fight against Giants. Mainly just weapons and physical strength.
So 4-C demigods since the Giants are god killers. Yay.

Luke, who is a child of Hermes and supposedly "no powers", is comparable if not superior to Percy.
All of the Seven fought Giants/Titans/minor or weakened Gods.

It's not like Percy and Jason are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other demigods.
Thiiiiis is not true. Percy could beat Luke even as of the first book when given the chance and absolutely could do so again in the second despite being at a disadvantage in weaponry. Luke was losing to Percy clean ever since the start of the series when Percy was at his weakest- I say weakest because the series rams it into your head repeatedly that Percy, as a Big 3 child, has powers that he's still growing into.

Also yes Percy and Jason sure as hell as >>> other demigods. Percy within a week of arriving at Camp Half-Blood could beat down multiple Ares campers in a row the moment he got some water to help him. The entire point of Percy's first series is big 3 Demigods are too much stronger than others- which was why they were never supposed to be born agai. How can you argue they're not stronger with a straight face when that was literally the point from book 1?

Luke beat Percy nearly every time, except that time Percy was amped by water and Luke was completely unprepared that he was that strong.

Luke even stomped Percy in the second book. Did you even read the books or not?

Luke beat Percy nearly every time, except that time Percy was amped by water and Luke was completely unprepared that he was that strong.

Did you? I don't see how anyone who has read the books can advocate for 6-C Annabeth, when it is contradictory to almost every feat.

Did you? I don't see how anyone who has read the books can advocate for 6-C Annabeth, when it is contradictory to almost every feat.

Nice, you are the only person who has read the books here.

I'll just ask, what tier 6 feats are there? Fighting tier 4 beings does not excuse it. Them being restricted doesn't either, unless their power was shown to be on that tier.

I also pointed out why the feat itself was wrong, as it assumes stuff that is contradicted.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I entirely disagree with suggesting that demigods and monsters are comparable to mortals. That is obviously not the case.

This seems mostly motivated by personal incredulity and misconceptions.
I haven't seen any proof otherwise from you or anyone else.

I did actually. Know what I recall? Luke not being mentioned to best Percy after Percy gets Riptide and, in fact, preferring to use a scorpion and run away rather than kill Percy himself at the end of the book.

I remember in the second book Luke, with superior equipment, completely fit and not after months of not-training by Percy, only managing to beat Percy after an extended battle; not immediately thrashing him like he should've. And I recall Percy when exposed to water trashing Luke in turn because there was nothing Luke could do against Percy with water at his command... almost like Percy's just a lot more powerful than Luke but needs the right situation to get his full power.

Know what else I remember in that same second book? Percy thinking a golden fleece was too heavy to move properly- because his strength at the time wasn't all that superhuman. That's the Percy that Luke fought against and, unlike Percy, Luke isn't a Big 3 child to continue getting stronger at the same rate. I believe Percy even outright states Clarisse is stronger than him at the time- because Percy has to grow into his power.

I'll tell you what else I remember too- pretty much every monster in the books being comparable to tossing Half-Bloods around in physical combat and being a viable threat- OR stronger than the Half-Bloods despite their showings at the times not being remotely close to shifting around mountains. Percy spends so much time being thrown through the air he should be adopted by Zeus for how often he gets smacked through the air by monsters.

Percy was only weaker than Clarisse in the beginning of the first book, when he just found out he was a demigod.

You don't even know the weight of the Golden Fleece though, it's supposed to be magical so idk.

Luke easily destroyed Percy in the second book. Luke also fought well against Thalia, who is another son of the Big Three.

Luke lunged and almost killed me on the first try. His sword went under my arm, slashing through my shirt and grazing my ribs.
I jumped back, then counterattacked with Riptide, but Luke slammed my blade away with his shield.
"My, Percy," Luke chided. "You're out of practice."
He came at me again with a swipe to the head. I parried, returned with a thrust. He sidestepped easily.
The cut on my ribs stung. My heart was racing. When Luke lunged again, I jumped backward into the swimming pool and felt a surge of strength. I spun underwater, creating a funnel cloud, and blasted out of the deep end, straight at Luke's face.
The force of the water knocked him down, spluttering and blinded. But before I could strike, he rolled aside and was on his feet again.
I attacked and sliced off the edge of his shield, but that didn't even faze him. He dropped to a crouch and jabbed at my legs. Suddenly my thigh was on fire, with a pain so intense I collapsed. My jeans were ripped above the knee. I was hurt. I didn't know how badly. Luke hacked downward and I rolled behind a deck chair. I tried to stand, but my leg wouldn't take the weight.
"Perrrrrcy!" Grover bleated.
I rolled again as Luke's sword slashed the deck chair in half, metal pipes and all.
I clawed toward the swimming pool, trying hard not to black out. I'd never make it. Luke knew it, too. He advanced slowly, smiling. The edge of his sword was tinged with red.
The only time Percy beat Luke was in the Lightning Thief (sword training), when Luke did not expect him to be that strong.

First and second given that Percy states the fleece is heavy but Clarisse could pick up the fleece and Annabeth and swim to Percy's ship. Percy even states he's astonished at the act IIRC.

The fleece is easy for weight- find the average weight of a fleece and then compare the weight of wool to gold.

Luke 'beat' Percy in the second book. He did not 'easily' do so and Percy almost won despite having pretty much every disadvantage you could want in a fight. Annabeth even calls out out Luke didn't allow it to be a fair fight in the first place.

Luke lost to Thalia and, if she's to be believed, always lost to Thalia; probably because Luke isn't a child of the big 3.

Luke easily beat Percy in the second book. Percy did not almost won, even when he summoned water. Percy had Riptide, which is his standard equipment.

Yes, Luke lost to Thalia, but it was a close fight. IIRC it was stated that Luke only lost because he made his move wrongly and therefore got disarmed. Thalia was also better equipped, with a spear and a shield, plus lightning powers.

Also, are you ignoring that the calc is wrong? It assumes luke was on his feeth when he was plastered to the ground.

I don't see how you'd do that. If he was plastered the sky falling on annabeth is impossible, if it waswith luke kneeled over there is no way it would have had time to fall before annabeth caught it, and if it fell from above luke then it leads to an astronomical outlier

No, it says the fog was falling, because it was a vision. You know, the stuff that didn't show him the stuff properly?

And it also directly says that the same fog was pushing luke down to the ground, so it is srill unusable.

Tier 6 Annabeth would mean that Ethan Nakamura, son of Nemesis with no special powers or strength (that is noted), is Tier 6. This is ridiculous because Ethan has zero feats beyond being skilled at swordsmanship. This applies to any demigod as even Percy and Jason don't have any Tier 6 feats.

It was the Sky, and it is literally falling. IIRC visions are things actually happening.
Do you just ignore how Luke was litirally plastered to the ground? Visions are happening, but they are not precise as far as looks go.

IIRC Luke just couldn't stand upright, he wasn't literally plastered to the ground.

Dropping the Sky on others isn't impossible, Percy dropped the Sky on Atlas.

No, it quiet litirally said that he was forced onto the ground. Regardless, it is an outlier. I don't want to keep repeating that over and over. There is no feat close to that, you can't count how much it fell pwoperly, and it makes every monsetr 6-C in the verse, which is a rather big exageration.

IIRC Luke just couldn't stand upright, he wasn't literally plastered to the ground.

Dropping the Sky on others isn't impossible, Percy dropped the Sky on Atlas.
Percy got slammed from underneath by a flying Atlas. He didn't do anything beyond becoming a ragdoll.

Back