• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
It depends on which side we support.

If we're on the more popular side, then we're going to say something like "democracy is how we always do things here'.

If we're on the less popular side, then we're going to try to say that the number of people doesn't matter.

Pretty much a cherrypick party.
This is a good point. However, I have been in the wiki for around 2 years, and I was under the impression only unanimous or nigh-unanimous revisions are applied.

My bad for assuming that you might see arrows indicating how scaling went rather than greater than signs. I have fixed that now.

Annabeth, Percy and the most powerful monsters scale indeed.

Three aspects are needed for different things - the spirit to not give up, the free will to take the Sky, and the strength to actually lift the Sky.

Only the most extreme cases are outliers according to our Outlier page, and 6-C isn't even the highest feat in the verse.

If I kept track, counting you it would be 5-9 in favor of the downgrade. Should we make another thread or just proceed with it? This thread has gone on for long enough, and neither Regis or Spino seem to want to back down.

I sort of want to propose the compromise of 'At least 7-B, possibly 6-C'

I would prefer if we apply this solution. As Sins said, this thread has gone on long enough.

6-C feats are never displayed by any of the monsters post book 3, and neither do any of the demigods save Jason's storm, which is difficult to scale to most demigods, since they can't make storms. Like Kep said, 6-C 8s an outlier and it shouldn't be there period. No point in compromising for a flawed result, which is never repeated or reached in later books.

Only the most extreme cases are considered an outlier according to our Outlier page. 6-C isn't even the strongest feat in the verse, plus there is Jason's storm and Hades's earthquake (Ares's roar was far more powerful than that, and Percy fought Ares) to support it, not to mention demigods not dying when being near to god's true forms (them being killed while looking at it is clearly durability negation, as they can avoid dying by simply looking away). The Tier 7 feats are support for 6-C.

It is extreme when regarding demigods as we don't scale them to gods, for pretty obvious reasons. There is no real support for something magnitudes above stuff the strongest demigods struggle to reach.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
We don't scale demigods to gods. We scale demigods to nerfed and minor gods.
We don't do that either. That would be like using the 6-C feat and lead to inflated ratings.

I do not agree with the downgrades, and I do not fully agree with Sin's solution, but this thread is going into ad nauseam. Appeal to popularity is not a reasoning, and I think we should simply apply Sin's solution and end this.

AnonymousBlank said:
If the demigod beats and or harms the nerfed/minor god then we do.
Percy beat Ares in a fight. Ares was nerfed but he still caused a roar more powerful that Hades's earthquake which is 6-C. And don't say they didn't fight physically, Ares literally kicked Percy in the chest.

Throughout the series the character fight nerfed Gods, Titans and Giants. Annabeth was able to hold Kronos to a standstill with a knife vs a sword. All of the Seven fought Giants. Jason killed Krios with his bare hands. Frank Zhang slammed a minor god into a wall and held him in a chokehold.

The only real outlier is Percy shaking off hits by Atlas, who fought nerfed Artemis, who is still 5-C.

Then sorry, but most people do agree with the downgrades and not with Sins's proposal. The only reason this hasn't been done is due to your ad nauseam.

Percy gave Ares a cut by thinking ahead of him and taking advantage of his ego. He doesn't scale when Ares was taking it easy and didn't flat out turn him into an animal or strike him down.

When Luke is struggling for control of his own body. The Seven were mostly outmatched and relied on godly intervention to beat them. Frank Zhang is explicitly the strongest physically, while Jason vs Krios is left as vague.

And once again, no one scales to gods, even nerfed ones.

Nice appeal of popularity fallacy you have there. Also ad nauseam is not to describe a person but a extended discussion, learn the meaning of words before you use them.

Ares didn't turn him to animal doesn't matter. That's hax. We're talking about physical strength. And Ares literally kicked Percy in the chest.

Kronos in Luke form was still able to fight Curse of Achilles Percy. The Seven were simply outnumbered not outmatched, and it's just that it takes a god and a demigod to kill a Giant. Frank is strongest physically, yes; and Jason I quite literally said to kill Krios with his bare hands.

Top-tier demigods have always scaled to nerfed gods, unless you plan to hand wave all the fights against gods, Titans and giants that happens in every single book.

Regis honestly has a point, to be honest.

6-C is just an outlier; there's no more need to declare it as a 'possibly' than we need to declare Black Panther as 'possibly 4-B' for grappling the Silver Surfer.

So ignoring the derail, can we actually conclude this? Apart from myself and Friendly, Kepekley, Kaltias, Dargoo, Risci and Rocker all agree, while Sins is willing to accept the revisions.

And will it be okay to make a new thread detailing the changes needed to be carried out?

RegisNex1232 said:
So ignoring the derail, can we actually conclude this? Apart from myself and Friendly, Kepekley, Kaltias, Dargoo, Risci and Rocker all agree, while Sins is willing to accept the revisions.

And will it be okay to make a new thread detailing the changes needed to be carried out?
Go ahead, link me the new one too so I can discuss it there.

The entire basis for the downgrades seem to revolve around a single 7B feat. I don't see how one feat is more important than another. It's not like demigods are consistently Tier 7.

I've suggested making a compilation of feats or just going through some respect threads to find a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back