• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

River City Streets Of Rage

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
veammzly12b71.png
River-City-Girls-2_2022_09-02-22_017.png

The beat-em-ups of the old meet the beat-em-ups of the new. Axel Stone of Streets of Rage fights Misako from River City Girls.

• Misako does not have her accessories, optional equipment and recruits with her.
  • SoR3 Axel will be used.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Axel's AP: 0.023575 tons of TNT.
  • Misako's AP: 0.04 tons of TNT
Axel:
Misako:
Incon:

Last edited:
... That said, Axel is almost 4 times weaker here, and while he does hold a few advantages the two are pretty comparable overall, so I'm not really sure if he can win. He has LS I guess but that's still a really big disadvantage.

... That said, Axel is almost 4 times weaker here, and while he does hold a few advantages the two are pretty comparable overall, so I'm not really sure if he can win. He has LS I guess but that's still a really big disadvantage.
Do you think I should unequalize speed to give him more of a chance?

Last edited:
She upscales from that by a lot. Also there was no combo in that last image, it just showed up weird like that. It's just the one attack that was determined by the damage level.
1. Pretty sure we shouldn't be applying in-game stats like that; otherwise we'd be getting some wonky scaling for things like RPG mobs.
2. This doesn't really mean anything; it's just various damage values from various enemies in the game without a good base reference point (ex. the two playable girls) to work with.

1. Pretty sure we shouldn't be applying in-game stats like that; otherwise we'd be getting some wonky scaling for things like RPG mobs.
2. This doesn't really mean anything; it's just various damage values from various enemies in the game without a good base reference point (ex. the two playable girls) to work with.
To be fair, Undertale verse does use attack values. And Misako and Kyoko do get stronger throughout the games a la stats. It's further evidenced by Hibari having less strength than Abobo, who is a stronger boss than her respectively, and mobs getting progressively stronger throughout the levels.

Undertale is absolutely not the sort of game you should use as an example in regards to how you treat gameplay mechanics. You can't multiply strength like that

it's pretty big tbh, imagine getting punched in the face by someone twice as strong as you, it's gonna ******* hurt.
All the while your 2x as weak punches are going to hurt but nothing that can't be endured.

it's pretty big tbh, imagine getting punched in the face by someone twice as strong as you, it's gonna ******* hurt.
All the while your 2x as weak punches are going to hurt but nothing that can't be endured.
It's not even 2x to begin with lol.

A 1.7x advantage is noticeable, but I wouldn't consider it significant.

It was an example, and it's closer to 2x than it is to being equal.

I didn't say it was significant, but it's still a hefty advantage.

It's almost double, that's like all the weight classes apart in IRL combat sports

Now that said, it's definitely a fairer fight now. Seems to me like Axel holds a few advantages in better special move versatility and having fought a greater variety of opponents, perhaps?

Back from the cringe corner. I would say that while Axel is definitely more experienced, especially in special move versatility, I wouldn't sleep on the amount of foes she's has to overcome before, as they're very much in the versatile outlandish territory, examples being the witch Blaire, the flying demon(?) fashion designer Hibari, the psychic opponent Yamada, and Sabu pumped up on some super soldier serum. But their tactics, due to both coming from the same genre of game, are very similar. But I lean towards Misako for the AP advantage, higher reaction speed, sharper senses, and daze inducement options.

Enhanced Senses are pretty sus given the fog is clearly affecting her, it's not like she's immune. As for reactions... is that how it works now? Feels like speed equal standards change every month, are we really making character get thousands of times faster the second they're dodging something?

Enhanced Senses are pretty sus given the fog is clearly affecting her, it's not like she's immune. As for reactions... is that how it works now? Feels like speed equal standards change every month, are we really making character get thousands of times faster the second they're dodging something?
That is true, but at the same time, something must seriously be benefitting Misako if she can fight enemies while a random fog inexplicably manages to be so annoying it affects the UI.

Not a question of her resisting the fog. It's the fact that she can continue to fight normally and see the enemies coming despite the disadvantage that it gives her.

Ok? She's just fighting with the disadvantage, nothing says it's impossible for her to do it without enhanced senses. If she did it wouldn't be a disadvantage in the first place, which it clearly is

Back