• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Robotnik Upgrade (STC)

Wwoooooooowwwww... Thats the same scan used to justified his 9-B rating. His current durability has no scan or calc to justify its rating either.

Instant agree.

Sonic holds back a lot though, he explicitly doesn't wanna kill Robotnik many times, so I'm agreeing with scaling him to Sonic's AP through Dura.

Is there a scan of STC Sonic wanting to hold back against Robotnik when they fight tho? Curious.

Seems agreeable. But I wanna see scans for the hold back statement from Blast first.

The scans are literally on Sonic's profile.

Anyways I still disagree, Sonic can hold back to 9-B levels of strength given he regularly has to give Badniks the equivalent of love taps to not hurt the Mobian inside and he consistently avoids killing even Robotnik, so none of those blows were even compared to what he throws to guys like Knuckles, plus people comparable to Sonic like Knuckles or Shortfuse had been shown that they could easily kill Robotnik if they wanted to but don't because they're not killers, so that's even less reason for him to do scale.

Anyways I still disagree, Sonic can hold back to 9-B levels of strength given he regularly has to give Badniks the equivalent of love taps to not hurt the Mobian inside and he consistently avoids killing even Robotnik, so none of those blows were even compared to what he throws to guys like Knuckles, plus people comparable to Sonic like Knuckles or Shortfuse had been shown that they could easily kill Robotnik if they wanted to but don't because they're not killers, so that's even less reason for him to do scale.
The scans are holding back against Badniks, not Robotnik himself.

I'm going through the comic really quick to see whats going on.

how the hell can someone hold back trillions upon trillions of joules? (Ik characters like superman does this but since that shit is actually consistent in verse it makes sense) you can still pull ur punches but not several tiers down that doesn't make sense at all without consistency

Last edited:
Because he can, Sonic consistently gives badniks love taps to not injure the mobian inside and badniks are 9-B, it's just like that.

The scans are holding back against Badniks, not Robotnik himself.

I'm going through the comic really quick to see whats going on.
By the way I found a third instance of Robotnik taking a hit
42.jpg

Bump.

I guess its more along the lines of him not knocking him out in multiple instances with single hits, repeated different fights. If I'm following the pro-sides argument?
Leaning more toward BlastX's take here since Sonic's/Knuckles character is like that.

All three feats in an Imgur gallery:

The scans on his profile only include Sonic holding back against Badniks to avoid hurting the civilians trapped inside. I don't think there's anything that implies Sonic uses 0000000.1% of his strength when striking Robotnik.

I also don't remember it ever being stated that Shortfuse and Knuckles can effortlessly one-hit kill Robotnik, so scans for that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
While I do think that there isn't anything stated/shown that Sonic holds back against Robotnik himself and the only thing one could argue that he does is that Kintobor is still in there, which is kinda headcanon tbh, I'm remaining neutral on this.

Sonic explicitly doesn't want to kill Robotnik or anyone, it's something consistent for him. Again if he can hold back to 9-B levels of strength to not kill civilians he can do the same for Robotnik.

But fine, I'll fetch scans if I need to.

Here's the scans.

We can see that Sonic doesn't want to kill Robotnik even when he has him at his mercy. The only time he ever made an attempt at his life was when he was too pissed off to care and it was just knocking his Robot back and he instantly regretted it. Even at the end of the Metallix Arc when he was pissed off as hell and had a chance to kill him he just let's him go. Even when he could leave Grimer to the Metallix and even list reasons why he should they go "nah you don't have the guts" and he's like "Welp you got me there buddy" same principle applies to Robotnik.

Knuckles and Shortfuse are on the same boat, they're not Killers, Robotnik even mocks Knuckles for it and he's like "Don't tempt me" making it clear he can do it, but won't.

And about the times Sonic did hit him, that was either one "**** you" lovetap or to get Robotnik off him. Again, he doesn't have the killer instinct (even King Sonic spells it out for us). You can see at the end of the Shanazar arc he was just toying with him and at the end of World Drain arc Robotnik still had some energy left (Shortfuse was still absorbing energy in the next page) so Robotnik in base Form doesn't even scale to that anyways.

What app? If you're talking about clicking the link to the Google Doc, that's what I meant by it being too small for me to read.

I'm using my phone for this, so I use the Google Doc APP where the scans are much clearer there.

Back