• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roland vs. Alyssa

Roland vs. Alyssa
I was bored, so I created this.

Roland is attempting to look for the vampire who has been wreaking havoc around him, and wants to claim her life for her evil deeds. Luckily, he found her, and they now do battle.
Speed Equalized.

Battle takes place in a deep forest in Oregon at 10 P.M

Battle theme

Which supernatural gunner shall win?

Alyssa: 2 (Mrjrlwhite, BlackDarkness679)

Roland:

Inconclusive:

hmm once viewing the two pages im not sure who i'd give this to in all honesty. But considering her instinctive reaction, this could probably give her the edge alongside add that on to rage mode. So probably alice I guess with extreme difficulty that is

Alright, I'm not gonna vote yet considering how unsure I am about this as well but you bring up fair points so I'll add your vote.

Hmm...Vote counted. I'm gonna take this up with a really knowledgeable fan of DT now to see what they have to say...

Alright bois.

Prepare for your arguments to be destroyed.

>Regen

Fairly impressive, but considering how much damage Roland can do with his Guns, far from going to save her.

>Rage Mode

Literally the last thing she wants to do against someone as skilled as Roland wielding the previously mentioned Guns.

Intellect seems more education based than Combat based, so that ain't helping either.

Instinctive reactions could help greatly, but I don't see it saving her in the end.

So, Roland just blows her head off with his guns, although it might take a few tries, and good game.

(This match is surprisingly thematic. Kudos.)

I should probably mention, Roland might be getting his own Instinctive Reaction added to his profile, depending on whether or not this CRT goes through. Even then though, his gunslinger training revolves around using his mind, body and instincts to the best of his ability instead of relying on his guns and firepower to win things out, so Instinctive Reaction alone probably won't be enough to win against him.

Anyway, she had better be really good at reacting and dodging if that's going to be the core of her gameplan, because this is one of the things Deschain can do mid-combat, and he's capable of firing and reloading fast enough to look like he's continuously firing a machinegun. Mid-Low regen doesn't seem like it's enough for a Wall level character to survive being shot in the head with a gun that has a Small Building level+ calc resulting from its best feat, and he's capable of some ridiculous bullet-spam whenever he's fighting seriously. (Which is about 98% of the time, lowballing it)

By the way, I know nobody mentioned her ability to turn into a bat, but she's going to die if she tries that against the Gunslinger.

DMUA said:
Alright bois.

Prepare for your arguments to be destroyed.

>Regen

Fairly impressive, but considering how much damage Roland can do with his Guns, far from going to save her.

>Rage Mode

Literally the last thing she wants to do against someone as skilled as Roland wielding the previously mentioned Guns.

Intellect seems more education based than Combat based, so that ain't helping either.

Instinctive reactions could help greatly, but I don't see it saving her in the end.

So, Roland just blows her head off with his guns, although it might take a few tries, and good game.
Fair point but instinctive reaction would allow her to react to his next moves. Something similar to precognition in a way but to a lesser extent

So... Uh... OP, I think we have 3 for Roland now.

Just realized speed is unequalized. Might want to change that; Eddie Dean was at least middle-end Subsonic once he became a gunslinger (he blitzed and shot down six guys before any of them could move), and he essentially saw Roland's arm disappear when he witnessed the latter's quickdraw.

(Or you could just keep it unequalized, since that's kind of rare to see around here)

mmm, I mean...Alyssa has some insane reactions. Her perception of time slows down to react to things much quicker. I also derscribe her ability to shoot to be like that of a gatling gun so might want to take that into consideration? I'm not too sure. Her turning into a bat would screw her over though it seems. She could deal with a hoard of 10 vampires no sweat with it, which already could outsmart her incredible aim. She usually never misses a shot already as a hman and combined with her perception of time slowing with her instinctive reaction? Yeah, missing a shot isn't something she'll likely do. But again, Roland is also incredibly accurate and could catch her off guard with ease, so I'm personally inconclusive.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Just realized speed is unequalized. Might want to change that; Eddie Dean was at least middle-end Subsonic once he became a gunslinger (he blitzed and shot down six guys before any of them could move), and he essentially saw Roland's arm disappear when he witnessed the latter's quickdraw.

(Or you could just keep it unequalized, since that's kind of rare to see around here)
SiamesetheKitty said:
Speed Equalized.

@DMUA:

My life in a nutshell...

@SiamesetheKitty:

Roland has blocked bullets with his guns though, which is an option she doesn't really have thanks to how powerful his weapons are. He's also capable of shooting small projectiles (like shards of glass) out of the air while they're flying towards him at bullet-like speeds, and if he's really pressured into exerting himself, he can manage this.

She also needs a headshot or other fatal blow in order to kill him, whereas he can pretty much incap or kill her by shooting her anywhere on her body. Wall level mutants have been blown in half by his guns before, and Roland shooting a guy in his hand actually vaporized it.

That's probably what it boils down to in the end. Even if their skill, aim, awareness and tactics are exactly the same, Roland can potentially power his way through a few of her shots, whereas she...won't be getting back up if she gets hit.

Myeeeh...You've convinced me. He kills her, takes her holy guns and calls it a day after one nice battle against a vampire. So Roland FRA. Sorry Alyssa, but your time came...

Pretty nice though. This battle was thematic and fitting considering what Roland had to deal with. Was the reason I made it in the first place .3.

Back