• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roller of the Universe VS Eater of the Universe

Depends on how The Prince's mind manipulation works.

@DMUA, he went into the King's mind once and rolled up his thoughts. His Dream Manipulation is similar, went into his dreams and rolled them up.

@Weekly, the Katamari is also as big as the universe.

The fact that just by making contact with the goo would mean the goo would absorb it, doubling in size

Absorbing the goo into a katamari just gives the goo an easier opportunity to absorb it back as the goo absorbs things by breaking them down to increase its own mass, something a katamari doesnt do

Katamari can do that, though. The Prince made a sumo into a Katamari once, and that Katamari did just that. And also, I know Goo isn't a black hole and that he can eat black holes, but when the Prince eat black holes, the effects of black holes don't become induced onto the Katamari. What's stopping the Prince from going into his mind and rolling it up?

Well, that also stops me from asking why his soul can't be rolled up. XD

Uhm, well, if he were to be rolled up, then that would be the end, basically. I can't vote, but I would say this is inconclusive if I could.

The Prince resists the level of Absorption induced by the Katamari, so there's that.

And oh, mind me. The Katamari doesn't create more of itself, but it broke down things in a similar manner to digestion in the instance I mentioned above. It went into the sumo and made the sumo bigger. It was no longer on the outside after that.

Okay, clearly there's only one way to settle this whole thing, and it's with one question.

Note: This question is very important for determining the outcome of this match.

How much smaller do objects need to be than both characters' methods of absorption (The Prince's Katamari and the Grey Goo's body) in order for them to work+?

The Prince is only as large as the objects he rolls plus the ball, but from what I've watched the Gray Goo grows at a slightly slower rate (I.E. Eating things it's size dosn't double it's size)

The Katamari just makes thing stick to it and the things on it. It's nothing like the Goo's effect or turning anything, including Time itself, into nanomachines. Also Grey Goo would be the size of the universe itself in this fight. So would the Prince's katamari. So the question is what will happen? Will the Katamari make the universe sized goo stick to it or would the goo turn the Katamari into nanomachines? I personally think it's likely that even if the goo stuck to the katamari, that wouldn't stop it from eating the things on the katamari.

I mean part of the reason why I asked a really good question on October 25th was because feed-and-grow games like Katamari and Tasty Planet are heavily if not solely reliant on game mechanics.

The Smashor said:
Even by the smallest of margins.
Yeah. While at the same time, The Prince is more restricted as to what he can roll up. At 6 cm, the Katamari couldn't pick up a wrapped milk candy (which actually has volume as opposed to thumbtacks, shogi tiles, and matches) that's the size of the Katamari's radius. Because of the feed-and-grow genre's heavy reliance on game mechanics, I think it's safe to say that Grey Goo might indeed be the winner of this thread.

@Smashor, he can't consume time, this is his 3-A key. And the Katamari can also pick up people who have shown to resist effects of their own Katamari, so even if we assumed Grey Goo could eat and resist a typical Katamari, he still wouldn't even resist the Prince's Katamari. And he can turn everything that the Goo can turn to nanomachines into stomach fat, and more things, as well. Even dreams and souls and thoughts yield to the Katamari.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
@Smashor, he can't consume time, this is his 3-A key.
The Goo's 3-A key is literally the in-game Grey Goo at its highest (as opposed to his 2-C and 2-B keys, which are end-game comic Grey Goos). And yes, the very last item the Grey Goo eats is explicitly stated in the game to be "TIME ITSELF." The in-game description of the last level even says this.:

"There isn't much left in the universe. Search thoroughly to find something else to eat."

In other words, the guy was still in his own universe before he ate its leftovers, which is literally the fabric of space and time itself. Mind you, the Grey Goo can eat its first piece of "Time Itself" at 28.3 Gigaparsecs, which is just under the size of the observable universe (28.5 Gigaparsecs). I frame-by-framed it; the first "Time Itself" piece raised Grey Goo's size from 28.3 Gigaparsecs to 29 Gigaparsecs in this walkthough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqBCRw4OfA

Long story short, at Grey Goo's size (which according to the OP is the size of the universe, or 28.5 Gigaparsecs), the Grey Goo can eat literally its first slice of time.

By the way, side note, there should be a voting thing in your thread, which should look like this.:

The Prince: 0

Grey Goo: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Also aside from turning it to stomach fat (IDK how likely The Prince is to do that in character) the prince has nothing that can kill the Goo and the Goo has many ways of killing The Prince. He'd be more than big enough at his 3-A size. The Grey Goo gets my vote.

I'm new to this Fandom and i don't know the rules yet, but i have a question from what i've read: The Eater of the Universe it's a dense could of nanomachines right? if you look at it like one single object with the size of the universe The Prince might not be able to roll it up, but look at it this way: It is Made of nanomachines, what stops the katamari from rolling them up and getting bigger? i mean, even if he starts at cm level he could still roll up things the size of a nanomachine, the grow of the Katamari would be exponentially faster and faster, and i've never seen the Katamari getting damaged in any case, so how The Eater of the Universe is going to "eat" it? he should like deconstruct it to the molecolar level, but is it even possible?

I have one more question: The power nullification is instantanius or the Grey Goo has to start eating the thing to nullify it?

As a response to the thing where it eats "TIME ITSELF", the Katamari in the web-comic is shown capable of rolling up pure colour, which holds a similar role to time, seeing as the cosmos is described as a space-colour continuum. The Royal Rainbow is also described as pure colour, and while the Katamari hasn't necessarily rolled it up before, it has rolled up the King of All Cosmos, who shoots the Royal Rainbow outside of his mouth. The tear in the fabric of the space-colour continuum was also caused by the King throwing a Katamari that had a pointy end too hard when turning it into a star, and it had begun sucking up all colour in the cosmos. After the hole was patched up, the King of All Cosmos sent all the colour back into the cosmos by punching the Katamari that rolled it all up with his Royal Punch. So I'd say in regards to Grey Goo being able to consume all of time, the Katamari beint able to roll up all of colour is equivalent.

In response to the Grey Goo power nulling the Katamari upon contact, the Katamari can power null other Katamari upon contact that are smaller, like the random rolling rock-looking Katamari it picks up in certain levels, or the Earth itself, which is supposed to be an even greater Katamari than the original type. The Prince can also bypass resistances to all of the Katamari's abilities, because he can roll up the Cousins and the King of All Cosmos, who can all handle Katamari directly.

Back