• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Roronoa Zoro (All Keys) should get Aura + Fear Manipulation, Paralysis, and Limited Power Nullification.

Aura in General​

His Aura is noted by a bunch of people.
"Aura, Spirit, Killing Intent, Intensity". For the last scan, a different translation says "aura". I didn't check for the others though.
0003-007.png
0401-003.png
0499-016.png
0915-002.png

6U4t9vd.jpg

In fights? With or without swords. I'll send them all just so the people that see it can judge if it's real aura or not.
L24XMrh.jpg

(Maybe Passive) Fear Manipulation, Paralysis, and Power Nullification​

Zoro's Aura was so strong that he scared Monet to the point of where she couldn't even control her powers. Even after Zoro was out of her line of sight, she couldn't even control her abilities.
0687-013.png
0687-016.png

I say (maybe passive) because Zoro wasn't even trying to use it when Luffy and Coby first found him, and he was letting off that Aura (scan at the top).

It's very straightforward.

Why Power Nullification? Wasn't she still able to use her powers?
She couldn't control her powers at all.

I know it's not pure power null, but I didn't know what to classify "losing control of your powers" as. That's why I put it as Limited

Agreed with everything but power null, pretty sure it was just her fear meant she was unable to completely reform herself.

Last edited:
Isn't scaring people via killing intent considered Social Influencing?

Granted, he has an aura, so I'm not really sure.

Neutral for now.

It still wouldn't qualify as they're still able to use their powers just not control them
Agreed with everything but power null, pretty sure it was just her dear meant she was unable to completely reform herself.
What would that qualify as then? Mind Manip?
While basic mind manipulation can be used for psychic suggestion and simple manipulation, higher-level users of this ability can completely control others, drive them insane, plague them with illusions and hallucinations, and even rip their minds from their bodies.
Technically he drove her insane.

Also, what about limited power null to Body Control, which I sent in the OP?

'Nulling Regeneration might be a stretch, but he kinda did it w/ Monet, she couldn't regenerate her body.

Is it safe to assume that if your AP is on a different dimension compared to the users, so their fear manip will not work? At least in specific verses?

She was scared because Zoro is just stronger than her.
She was literally fighting him prior and confirmed that he was stronger, and she was smiling and laughing.
0686-015.png

It wouldn't work on those equal to or stronger than him unless shown otherwise.
0417-015.png

Kaku is very comparable to Zoro, and Zoro made him shiver just by letting him look at his aura.

I'm still not really sure if that's Fear manip, or just Social infuln because iirc, there was a character like this, and we gave him Social Influence.
I can't argue for or against it since I don't know context. All I know is that Zoro is stated repeatedly to have an intimidating aura, we see his aura, and he can manifest his aura into Asura.
Is it safe to assume that if your AP is on a different dimension compared to the users, so their fear manip will not work? At least in specific verses?
If you mean dimension like 5-D, 6-D, all of that, it's very safe.
If you mean just "much stronger", then no.

That's a common thing in manga, and with no other evidence, I'd just say fear manipulation and paralysis would be the best case.

Also It doesnt really look like Zoro is even trying there, but I don't know the full context.

Yeah. I mean stronger, on a different level AP. It shouldn't work on someone like Kaido for example is what I mean.
That makes more sense. It might be on a case by case basis.
That's a common thing in manga, and with no other evidence, I'd just say fear manipulation and paralysis would be the best case.
Saying someone has an aura is common?
0417-017.png

Also It doesnt really look like Zoro is even trying there, but I don't know the full context.
This is one of Zoro's most serious fights in the entire series.

Fear Manipulation
Fear Manipulation, otherwise known as Fear Inducement is the ability in which to inflict a level of "fear" on the target using supernatural means. Depending on the severity of the fear, the user can use this to manipulate the target, incapacitate them or simply drive them insane.
Social Influencing
Social Influencing is ones ability to manipulate other characters using some form of charm. This has several uses in the form of manipulation. Whether it be to manipulate how an opponent fights, thinks, or to get info from them that the user would want or need. This can be used in a number of ways via their looks, natural charm, or their way of speaking.
Doesn't even act like Social Influencing

Fear Manipulation is usually given to characters who can induce fear through supernatural means and regardless of the victim, through magic, mental powers and more.

Social Influencing is used for characters who can induce fear through their behavior, appearance and more, and is currently used for characters like Thorkell and some more.
Fear Manipulation's page also says :

It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors.

Being paralyzed by fear is something that happens even in real life, but I'm not sure how to classifiy it. I think you can link paralysis while mentioning it in the explanation for Social Influencing.

In East Blue scene, Coby was clearly frightened only by Zoro's reputation (even because Luffy didn't care and if it were some kind of supernatural fear aura it should affect both). In Monet's scene it really seems that Zoro directly induced her to fear, I believe that he was actually emanating his overwhelming aura and looking more dangerous to defeat the opponent without needing to hurt her (And that's so true that he intentionally dind't used haki against her) but I would not say that he induced this fear in a supernatural way, I believe it was only an unexpected presence or posture that terrified her (Btw, Monet I was confused because she underestimated Zoro in the context of the scene, believing that he did not hurt women).

It's definitely not Power Null.

And Monet was afraid not because Zoro was stronger than her, but because she believed he really would kill her.

Whether that qualifies for Fear Manipulation, I'm not sure.

What do you think should be done here Damage?

Aura is definitely fine for Zoro (which he already has actually), but I don't think fear manipulation is.

Aura is definitely fine for Zoro (which he already has actually), but I don't think fear manipulation is.
I don't believe it's currently specified actually, regardless this would be a good thread to fix that.

Personally speaking I can see where the Fear Inducement would come from but Materialized fits the bill in my opinion.

Back