• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Time for the hero Rosalyn to be in her first match. She hunts down the pirate Zoro who sees her pink shadow and laughs. Rosalyn loses her temper and the fight is on!.

Rules

Pre Time skip 7-C Zoro (Enies Lobby Saga), Asura Mode restricted.

Speed Equalized

Votes

Rosaly: 3 (Mr. Bambu, ShadowVerseReaper, Jimboydejuan12)

Roronoa Zoro (Pre-Timeskip): 2 (Calaca Vs, Rei Rubro)

Inconclusive:

First things first. If her Stats buffs and debuffs effects the speed then this might not be added.

They don't effect speed, it's in her Notable Attacks Techniques section.

Powerless: Lowers enemies Attack Power.

Shield: Raises her defense.

Okay, if she scales to 92 Kilotons then she'll get the AP advantage. Enies Lobby base Zoro is probably a better match since that version is stompish superior to his Skypiea self who's above 65 Kilotons. If she scales to 62Kilotons then this can stay like this.

She scales above the 62 Kilotons. I did it to be safe, though the building that they were in was larger than the average building 62 Kilotons is the safe scale.

Right, so they are comparable considering her scaling chain. I'll think about this one.

Okay, after reading her powers I think that the only useful things are the Duplication and the Stat changes since:

• Zoro has no hax Rosalyn can null.
  • Zoro has no magic nor any related energy to get nulled.
So this comes down to a regular fight. In AP they are roughly comparable but he probably holds a slight advantage. This is her scaling chain from what I got in her profile:

62 Kilotons = Evil Chairman << Stan = Rosalyn.

While Zoro's goes like this.

65 Kilotons = Casual Enel < Sanji << Semi-casual Enel < Zoro.

This is meaningless since she can buff herself and debuff him.

In the range department Zoro wins so they start at his range. He also holds the stamina and most probably the skill advantage. Dunno about experience, but they are around the same age. Zoro has been training since he was a child and has been defeating people likely stronger than him even in poor conditions (i.e. Hatchan) and with serious injuries.

Her duplication might be a problem, but Zoro can handle more than one enemy at the same time (Sham and Buchi) in a worst scenario when he wasn't as skilled as his Skypiea version.

On top of that, he'll be especially careful with the lightning attacks after facing Enel (this version of course) but with speed equal he will not have the same problems and Rosalyn can't turn intangible.

So yeah, after a long fight Zoro should win with his superior stamina and experience. If Rosalyn has good skill feats I might change my vote.

I'll agree that he likely holes the stamina advantage due to the Okage characters not having much in the way of Stamina feats.

Rosalyn is "classified" by Beiloune to have master sword fighting with her Rapier, meaning she'd be much above even an adapt Swordsman. I don't know what Zoro is capable of in terms of combat since I don't really watch one piece. Rosalyn has trained most of her life at the Hero University to become a great hero and she has battled many ghosts who each can transform into different beings with multiple abilities.

Fighting three duplicates that are as strong as her would be difficult, if Zoro fought multiple enemies weaker than him, I don't know how that would stack up against fighting multiple enemies roughly as strong as him.

If Zoro tries to go for range Rosalyn will buff her defense which will make it hard for him to damage her since she can repeatedly do it without much effort.

Rosalyn: 0

Roronoa Zoro: 1 (Claca Vs)

Also, the scaling chain for Rosalyn is.

62 Kilotons = Evil King Chairman << Evil King Big Bull << Evil King Teen Idol <<<< Phantom Evil King <<<<< Vampire Evil King <<< Rosalyn <<< End Rosalyn after receiving a power up.

When he faced Sham and Buchi he was clearly stronger, but at that time he was being pressed due to using just one sword. He wasn't as skilled with one or two swords at that time and once he recovered his swords he stomped them.

That scaling chain looks like a stomp chain. With that she holds the AP advantage by a quite margin. That's why I think Enies Lobby Zoro would close the gap by a bit.

Alright then, I'll change it to that Zoro and restrict the High 7-C mode.

Okay. She still holds the advantage tho but since my previous vote wasn't based purely on the AP advantage I hold my vote for Zoro.

I mean

Just ability wise Rosalyn has the clear advantage in elemental abilities and duplication

Skill wise they're both easily considered master sword-wielders so I'd say that's even

Zoro definitely has stamina advantage if it comes down to that

Rosalyn has some edge in AP though how much is unclear, just that it exists

I wanna point out that, yes, having experienced Rosalyn's particular forms of abilities is good and it lessens how great of an advantage those are, that experience doesn't negate that he is going to be dealing with it here from someone as skilled as him and stronger. It doesn't nullify her abilities completely, basically.

Meanwhile Zoro lacks hugely notable abilities- he has air manip to extend his attacks (if we're talking about experience, air manip is present in Okage, yes). His Extrasensory Perception would be really good if she bothered with stealth but in a one-on-one fight then who cares. And his other stuff is all via Asura aside from increasing muscle density. So he can make himself a bit stronger to possibly close the gap.

Rosalyn holds the advantage here considering his only noteworthy ability is that which allows him to lessen the AP gap. My vote for Rosalyn, high-difficulty. Close match and good choice.

It seems Rosalyn does hold some advantage in AP. I'll grant & say they're basically equal in terms of swordsmanship. And Zoro has a pretty decent gap in terms of stamina. With those things in mind I'm leaning towards Rosalyn for the fact that with the additional help of her clones they can potentially whale on Zoro leading to his possibly losing his multiple swords which will hinder his fighting potential which will lead to her victory.

Idk if skills in swordsmanship is really equal. Zoro can basically predict attacks with his pure skill.

Yes. Reading your enemy's moves are in fact an act of swordsmanship.

...That's literally standard swordsman things. Feinting, sidestepping, etc. Literally that isn't an immense show of skill. Okage as a game doesn't lend itself to dodging and whatnot but just based on lore alone they'd be about equal.

Regardless Rosalyn's abilities vastly outclass Zoro's.

Okay, but I need evidence because I know nothing about Rosalyn. Saying that predicting the movements is standard swordsman thing doesn't work here because not every swordsman in fiction is able to do that and I don't know a real life case of a swordsman who's naturally able to do such a thing just for the sake of being a swordsman.

She has things that Zoro has faced at this point (Electricity with Enel and Ice with Aokiji). He hasn't faced an opponent with plain Fire and Explosion Manipulation but he has experience against long ranged enemies and has dealt with all of his foes even under rough conditions.

Her duplication is her most useful ability and Zoro has some experience about that. On top of that, the range difference is hilarious and Zoro has no problems with sending ranged air slashes if the fight starts like that.

Yes. Has faced = / = has an actual counter to, see my posts above. Experiencing a nuclear bomb wouldn't allow you to reliably survive one. The two are relatively close in most areas aside from abilities. Rosalyn holds the distinct advantage there.

Of course not, but that mean that Zoro is aware of the potential of such abilities and will do everything on his hand to avoid that. With speed equal he won't have the same problems he had against Enel and Kuzan.

You still need to prove that Rosalyn is able to do what Zoro does skill-wise since he has done that to even a master martial artist.

Yes. I'm aware. But that isn't actually a counter that negates the point. "he's dealt with it" or "he's aware of it" only mitigates the damage. Rosalyn holds both AP and hax advantage.

She's classified as one of the most skilled swordsmen in the land. Being able to do actual combat things sorta goes with that. Again.

Being called a skilled swordman doesn't really tell me much. Can you post some of her more notable skill feats? I'll post Zoro's pre time skip skill feats which are very impressive, since most of them involve making already skilled Swordman seem like Fodder while heavily injured.

Hax? I don't see any hax in her profile.

You're doing a fallacy from Association. Just because she's a swordsman you can't say that she's as skilled or better than Zoro.

She's a game character from a turn based RPG, you can't expect much. Regardless, she is "classified" as a master swordsman by Beiloune, through Fate/Law Hax, so she's damn sure is better than an even a skilled swordsman. A feat for her skill is that she fought countless ghost who are on her level and each possess a hax abilites ranging from one to ten at the same time, repeatedly at that. He's definitely not going to brush her aside.

Her hax is that she can repeatedly lower his AP and create two duplicates that are as strong as she is so Zoro gonna have a hard time in a close combat fight. Also, her Ice moves literally spawn in a sphere around to target, their is no escape from that.

She's literally classified as one of the most skilled swordswomen.

You're asking for feats knowing this is a turn-based RPG. That would be like asking for feats of complex maneuvers from a book. It can describe things but can't show them. She is classified by literal laws of reality as an immensely skilled swordswoman (and a joke but that's for a different reason).

@Griffin I concede that but considering the amount of hax Resistance she has the fact that her opponents had hax loses epicness. I read the profile and I know her resistances aren't perfect but still.

How much can she lower his AP exactly. Zoro still has his Gorilla technique which is a pretty big amp. With it Zoro overpowered a High 7-C in a direct clash.

I don't consider that as hax but I know that's a great advantage here.

@Bambu

No I didn't know that. I just met Rosalyn when this match started and if you don't say that she's from a RPG I wouldn't notice.

@Calaca Vs

It doesn't say by how much Powerless lowers a targets AP.

Rosalyn got some additions so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna half to close this.

Back