• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP: FULL) JoJo's Jolly Journey - Meta Thread

Hl3 or bust said:
Also, @Psycho, i know it's kinda wierd, but can you change my height to 7'6" and Chop Suey's to 15 feet?
Why are you asking Psycho to change it ? I'm the GM.

also i made the changes

Sit back children and let a professional show you how to stand:

Character Sheet:

Name: Hugo Edsworth

Appearance: Hugo is 6'2" and lean, with well kempt blonde hair. He wears a white sports jacket with a yellow/gold colored pocket square loosely hanging from the chest pocket. Beneath his jacket is a yellow golf shirt, a fitted white pair of track pants and dress shoes completing his outfit. He is often seen with a pair of extremely high-end cellphones, paid for by his wealthy family.

Stand Name: OPERATOR

Stand Apperence:
Operator is a semi-mechanical humanoid stand. It is relatively small in frame (comparable to GE) and has a round navy blue helmet that abruptly starts from below his eyes and surrounds his head. It's body is checkered entirely in a white and navy blue checkered pattern except for the front of each of his limbs (where it is just white), with small bracelets/gauntlets around its wrists and ankles. It has what resembles the Wi-fi symbol on the back of its hands.

Stand Abilities:

Destructive Power/C - Speed/B - Range/A - Precision/A - Durability/NA Developmental Potential/B

Call You Later - Operator is a unique stand in the sense that it cannot be manifested or summoned in the traditonal sense. Instead, it can only be manifested THROUGH a phone call, video chat, or any other long-ranged frequency based communication initiated by Hugo and recieved by the recepient, climbing out of the recipients device. This is an advantage in the sense that in theory it allows for planetary level range, but a disadvantage because of the inability to immediately manifest Operator if needed. (It requires an active signal; if the other person does not pick up from a medium such as a phone call then the stand cannot manifest.)

Due to the nature of the stand, it cannot be harmed or interacted with via conventional means, INCLUDING (most) interaction from other stands, but the stand itself can still interact with objects, people, and stands (which in practice, makes it selectively intangible EVEN to enemy stands). This makes for a terrifying ability upon first glance, but because Operator requires an active signal, shutting down the means that allow it to manifest (ie destroying the phone that it is coming from) will immediately cause the stand to dissapear, leaving the user defenseless.

Wiretap - Operator transfers everything it sees and hears to its user. It also has the ability to pick up and listen in on nearby frequencies (radio, cell-phone etc), also transfering the data and messages being communicated directly to Hugo.

Name: Drake Regala

Appearance:
1dec07c74fc1ec569002361d80237276
Appearance.

Images23
Stand.

Stand Name:
Imagine

Stand Appearence: When the stand is summoned, it takes the place of his shadow. It appears as a dragon. The stand can come out of the ground but only on to the user's clothes/body and remains 2D while doing so. When this happens, the user does not have a shadow.

Stand Abilities:

[ D e m o n s ]: The user is able to convert the liquids around himself into illusions by touching them. The more liquid is used, the more realistic the illusions are.

[ B e l i e v e r]: This is used in conjunction with his other ability. When someone believes the illusions to be real, the illusions take on the properties of the actual objects. The more people believing in them, the closer to reality they become.

[ B l e e d i n g O u t]: This lets the user use his own blood to create illusions. Illusions made this way are better than the actual item they are, but take extreme amounts of blood to make. Due to the nature of how blood is necessary for life, this is only to be used in dire situations.

[lemme know if its too op]

I have another ability I want to add, but I feel that it is best suited for later down the line once my stand has been through enough development. That's why I left it at two.

Anyways, i tried to be as weird as possible when I made my guy, so where do you guys think him and Chop Suey'd be on a scale of 1 - 10?

EDIT: in case it isnt obvious, Chop Suey is slower than most stands, but far stronger than even ones like The Hand, which are already strong by Stand standards

That's really subjective, but I would rate it a 6/10. Your ability seems forced and doesn't come off as suited for a supernatural manifestation like a stand. You have a good idea for an attack, but I think you could have done better in the actual ability. Your entire stand resides around using pressure to shoot of rocket arms. Why not take it a step back, and just make it revolve around the concept of pressure?

That's just my take.

Stop using similar avatars :mad:

I would say your stand is still a 6/10. Nothing in particular jumps out to me, just that it doesn't seem very combat or utility based... only that it exists.

The concept of illusions is very powerful, but I am confused on how your stand works in general. Does it produce an actual object from a liquid? How does it create illusions from liquid??

So we have:

2 ACT stands

A Frosty Das Boot

A stand with teleportation and portals

A JoJo part 3 enemy stand user

Imagine Dragons

I have to say, we have quite a diverse selection of stands.

INB4 you all die to the first enemy stand user

Overlord775 said:
So we have:

2 ACT stands

a Frosty Das Boot

A space manipulator

A JoJo part 3 enemy stand user

Imagine Dragons

I have to say, we have quite the roaster of stands.

INB4 you all die to the first enemy stand user</s< </div> <s>I think you mean bound

Nobody here wanted to make a simple stand it seems, that might be an issue for direct confrontations. Except for the rocket punch, but that also seems like a bad idea for some reason.

Torlikoff said:
Nobody here wanted to make a simple stand it seems, that might be an issue for direct confrontations. Except for the rocket punch, but that also seems like a bad idea for some reason.
Maybe because it's Swathing's?

I don't know if I'm just really imaginative or something, but my Stand's pretty well suited for direct combat imo

The liquid is converted into an illusion and then the illusion can be made real if it is believed to be real by multiple people or if it is made by the users blood.

DragonEmperor23 said:
The liquid is converted into an illusion and then the illusion can be made real if it is believed to be real by multiple people or if it is made by the users blood.
That's an okay take on an illusion based stand. I know people are expecting me to judge the stand based on a description, but I really have to see it in action.

Personally, if I hadn't chose the stand I have now, I would have picked an illusion based stand myself. I have a good idea for abilities.

Back