• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion of Man - Chapter 4

Torlikoff said:
"So, why are you here mister concierge? Help?"
I say, feeling the part of my arm that was grazed by the bullet.
"Believe it or not, I'm here to help you. Isn't that right Miriam?"

She's still in shock. Her mouth is wide open, thinking in what way she might know this stranger. It seems she struggles to come to a conclusion.

"I'm here to assist you."

Natasha is slowly helping herself from the floor, as with a few personel. Most are okay because of policy requiring everyone to wear a bullet-proof vest, but a lot are unconcious.

The nine year old girl closes her eyes. "Concierge... I'm afraid it does not sound familiar."

He responds, "Because it's not supposed to. This is our first live meeting. I've heard a lot of interesting things about you, though. I was very impressed in your defeat against DIO."

"But I wish you remind you this: you only won because of his arrogance. It was an exploitable weakness, a downfall. If you continue operating under these conditions, you will all die. I've seen who you're dealing with. The Mad Titan will not demonstrate mercy."

There's a slight pause. "You all cannot defeat him. This is a fact."

Mad Titan? That doesn't sound very good.

"You say we would lose if we keep using these conditions, what would you suggest we do instead?"

Natasha creeps up behind on Concierge, attempting to grab him from behind. He turns around and glances at her, forcing Natasha to stop in her tracks. She's then instantly launched towards the wall once more, causing her to collapse onto the floor.

Miriam is angered by this but plays along with him. "Are you working for them?"

He shakes his head. "No, of course not... I'm afraid I don't know much about them either. But I do know tales of who you're going up against, and I do know you all. You stand no chance if you go in fighting him like this."

"I suppose I should tell you what I do. You see, I am an inter-dimensional traveler. I've been to many worlds and I have much experience. I take it upon myself to collect and observe, merely learning and aiding those who need it most. I'm a treasure hunter."

He points to the necklace around Miriam's neck. "I've been searching for that key. I've spent the good part of the century looking for it. What an artifact it is. It's a shame you've got to it first. I know the rules well though, finders keepers."

Miriam coughs. "Get to the point already."

"My point is, my business takes me a lot of places. It puts me up against danger far beyond what you could imagine. I've spat in the face of death over and over... but the Legion of Man... I don't know if I can stop them. I'm here because they threaten more than just your world, but every world in general. I suppose you can consider this a collaboration."

[Alright I read up on PLs posts and kinda no whats happening, unfourtunatly im pretty sure I got shoot since I didnt know this had started which means Dedric didnt move]

"You shot first, I just retaliated." Concierge replies smugly.

Miriam considers his offer for a moment. She quickly gives him an offer.

"I don't trust you yet... but assuming what you're saying is true, I suppose we can discuss this further in private. But I have to ask now, what do you propose we do?"

The man laughs, "We do what I do best; treasure hunting!"

[BREAK TIME!]

[=BREAK TIME OVER!=]

Paramedics arrive in the room and treat everyone who was harmed. Miriam concludes the meeting and orders everyone back to the main facility for the time being. What an eventful meeting.

A few hours later in the middle of the night, Miriam and Natasha show up with a few dozen personel, visiting the various facilities and bedrooms to tell people it is time to get going.

"We'll be gone for a while, so don't leave anything valuable behind." explains Natasha. "You can get some sleep on the way there, we're going back to the warehouse."

This of course means, inter-dimensional travel.

There's dozens of personel yet again, all surrounding the teleporter. Concierge stands in front of it, this time dressed differently. His clothing looks more refined, more period. He is wearing a similar black trench coat but fancier, and an equally as bougie white undersuit. He has several accessories decorating himself, including sheathes, rings, necklaces among other weird looking equipment. His white gloves are laced with weird markings of sorts.

"Looking to hunt a vampire or something, Concierge?" Natasha mocks the man. He laughs and then replies, "You're not wrong. My specialty is in the occult madam. I abuse the mystical against the supernatural."

The brunette quickly dismisses him, "Nobody cares loser. If you're an inter-dimensional traveler, why can't you just take us there yourself rather than leeching off our multi-million dollar transporter?"

"It's something that takes years of practice to do. I can't take anyone with me, so it is best if we all just use your method of travelling. I gave you the coordinates anyways, we should be good to go."

My trap-senses are tingling

I have the feeling this Doctor Who wanna be is hiding something.

"Where are we going ?"

Miriam explains, "You're all going on a trip with Concierge. Me and Natasha have business to do, so we'll be just fine over here."

They both take a step back from the main group.

Concierge sighs.

"It'll be quite alright. We're just going to go on a little shopping trip. I'll try to explain it as best I can, but your servants are all manifested connections with lost worlds. What if I told you we could go a step beyond that? Gather artifacts from these lost worlds? It's both rare and difficult, but definitely possible. There are not many travelers such as myself, but I imagine the industry must be booming as a result of these artifacts being distributed across various worlds."

"We're doing the good thing by claiming them as our own; they pose a risk of falling into the wrong hands. Just imagine a weapon capable of planetary destruction falling into the hands of a world such as yours. It'd be the end of all civilization. Instead, how about we go take them for ourselves and threaten our opponents with them?"

"Because we are totally able to handle artifacts that could cause the destruction of entire planets if slightly misused and we will totally not just blow ourself up if we try to use them."

I say in a sarcastic tone.

Concierge replies, "It was just an example of something we may see, Claudio. I myself haven't seen too much artifacts of immense power. I doubt we will get our hands on much today, but considering the calibur of enemies we're going up against, it's better than nothing."

"We're going to go visit what I call Central District. It's the most popular place for inter-dimensional trade and barter. There's not many who have discovered TRUE inter-dimensional travel, only travel between dimensions within their own world. That's worth a dime a dozen these days. Those of us that have hold each other to a code and stick together."

"Also stop thinking obnoxious things, I can listen in on your thoughts. Is everyone ready to go or do we have more questions?"

[He's a fictional character. I thought I made it clear that you wouldn't know any fictional characters that exist in the real world? They are in their own universes.]

[If they have any potential be a servant, you don't know them. David Bowie will never be a fictional character, so you can know him in the game. Gilgamesh is a fictional character and has his own verse, so you will never know him as he doesn't exist as fiction.]

I sit and look at the Concierge while thinking ''How am I supposed to trust someone who basiclly shot me''

"Ah good question!" Concierge chirps.

"Cheap inter-dimensional travel as you put it is travel between dimensions IN a world. The ability to hop between universe and universe in your own world."

"True inter-dimensional travel is the ability to travel between worlds entirely, going from dimension to dimension and visiting other worlds."

ProfessorLord said:
"Ah good question!" Concierge chirps.

"Cheap inter-dimensional travel as you put it is travel between dimensions IN a world. The ability to hop between universe and universe in your own world."

"True inter-dimensional travel is the ability to travel between worlds entirely, going from dimension to dimension and visiting other worlds."
"Is there a reason it's so much more difficult to do that?"

Back