• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy VS Garra
Luffy is in his Enies Lobby key and Garra is in his Sasuke retrieval arc key
Location New York City Starting distance 50M

Speed equalized
Garras shukkaku transformation is restricted

Last edited:
If the faster character blitzes via speed Amp is that valid?

Because it only says that if the slower character speed Amp to blitz it's invalid

wym? if the character is already faster a speed amp is likely to blitz
In this case both characters have speed amps although luffy uses his alot more especially in this key

wym? if the character is already faster a speed amp is likely to blitz
In this case both characters have speed amps although luffy uses his alot more especially in this key
Luffy gear 2nd completely blitzes people relative to luffys base or faster who even uses obs haki (precog)

Luffy gear 2nd completely blitzes people relative to luffys base or faster who even uses obs haki (precog)
Shouldn't, "Instinctive Reaction (Gaara's sand will protect him independently from his will), Barrier Creation (Gaara's sand acts independently and will always protect him)" help protect Garou from gear 2, he doesn't need to react for this to activate for him.

1.Garras instictive reaction has kept up with people who amped their speed before
2. G2 wears luffy out after repeated use in this arc
3. I do think luffy with get some hits but garras sand armor will help cushion some of the blows

Shouldn't, "Instinctive Reaction (Gaara's sand will protect him independently from his will), Barrier Creation (Gaara's sand acts independently and will always protect him)" help protect Garou from gear 2, he doesn't need to react for this to activate for him.
No... His sand will be to slow... It will be a complete blitz... Rock Lee who was just much faster could land a hit... Luffy completely blitzes

Not if Luffy blitzes with his amps, as Gaara instinctive reaction can be bypassed by Speed and Strength, also, Garou solos both

Link

Luffy amps MUCH higher

Luffy blitz someone that blitzes luffy with Soru and who has obs haki
7.jpg
4.png
5.png

Someone who is probably faster than base luffy and has good obs haki couldn't even do anything to gear 2nd
5.jpg

Last edited:
lee only blitzed garra in 3rd-5th gate iirc, when he dropped the weights the sand was still able to block some hits and the first gate is a 5x amp

Damn, haven't watched Naruto in awhile
Luffy amps MUCH higher
Being unperceived by opponent (G2 Luffy) > Being perceived as a hard to follow blur (Lee)

Luffy's amp is higher but it isn't "MUCH" higher, chill out.
Not if Luffy blitzes with his amps, as Gaara instinctive reaction can be bypassed by Speed and Strength, also, Garou solos both
Fair enough, I've typed up Garou so many times that it auto corrected Gaara into Garou lol.

Luffy blitz someone that blitzes luffy with Soru and who has obs haki >>> Being perceived as a hard to follow blur
7.jpg
4.png
5.png

In the weight drop scene I recall 3 instances to where garra couldn't percieve lee. But yeah obviously garra would get hit but he has sand armor sand clones substitution etc and g2 isnt limitless didn't lucci say he was slowing down
Not to mention he dosen't lead with it

In the weight drop scene I recall 3 instances to where garra couldn't percieve lee. But yeah obviously garra would get hit but he has sand armor sand clones substitution etc and g2 isnt limitless didn't lucci say he was slowing down
Not to mention he dosen't lead with it
Your Luffy downplays never ceases to amaze me. Luffy had fights prior against Lucci. He fought against 10.000 marine soldiers and agents in Enies lobby to reach the place where Robin was. Fought against Blueno, and used Gear third to destroy the Gate. Naturally, he wasted his energy prior to his fight against Lucci and the fact he already used Gear third and second before, so quit using this.

Instinctive reaction doesn't make you invincible, Gaara got hit a lot. His sand has a limit to what it can react. G2 Luffy's insane speed wouldn't be the only issue Gaara's sand would have to face regarding gear second. G2 Luffy creates multiple afterimages indistinguishable from the original Luffy and throwing a barrage of fists, ultimately overwhelming even Kenbunshoku Haki users! and the impact of Luffy's strength can penetrate the defense of Gaara's, just like what he did to Krieg's armor, multiple Tekkai users and a Busoshoku Haki user who previously could reflect any of Base Luffy's attack. You know full well Gaara's sand isn't impenetrable.

•Sand armor bypassed by Luffy's strength and abilities.

•Instinctive reaction gets bypassed by speed, outsmarting, fake outs and baits. Honestly, trying to continue push this argument is ridiculous.

Before i hear an argument something along the lines of Gaara's sand is penetrable because of characters constantly saying "Gaara's defense is invincible" and you need 2x speed to be able to punch him, mind explaining me how Sasuke managed to punch him? Luffy is a genius in battle and more experienced than both Sasuke and Lee combined, you want to tell me Luffy won't be able to outskill him?

images

Blueno literally could not percieve luffy when luffy used gear 2, check chapter 388
Therefore I said unperceived by opponent lol
Luffy blitz someone that blitzes luffy with Soru and who has obs haki >>> Being perceived as a hard to follow blur
7.jpg
4.png
5.png
Soru is one move, not his base speed, and he hadn't even moved positions yet when Luffy punched him (still impressive) and what feats does Blueno have with Obs haki to make it any good? Enel has obs haki but pre gears Luffy beat him.

Regardless, I'm voting Luffy since G2 GG

Not exactly skill but more so just lots of creativity, unpredictability and quick thinking from Luffy.

Gaara will still handily lose to that since the only person Gaara fought who was like this (from what ik of Naruto) was kid Naruto who is still less unpredictable and creative as Luffy.

Your Luffy downplays never ceases to amaze me. Luffy had fights prior against Lucci. He fought against 10.000 marine soldiers and agents in Enies lobby to reach the place where Robin was. Fought against Blueno, and used Gear third to destroy the Gate. Naturally, he wasted his energy prior to his fight against Lucci and the fact he already used Gear third and second before, so quit using this.

Instinctive reaction doesn't make you invincible, Gaara got hit a lot. His sand has a limit to what it can react. G2 Luffy's insane speed wouldn't be the only issue Gaara's sand would have to face regarding gear second. G2 Luffy creates multiple afterimages indistinguishable from the original Luffy and throwing a barrage of fists, ultimately overwhelming even Kenbunshoku Haki users! and the impact of Luffy's strength can penetrate the defense of Gaara's, just like what he did to Krieg's armor, multiple Tekkai users and a Busoshoku Haki user who previously could reflect any of Base Luffy's attack. You know full well Gaara's sand isn't impenetrable.

•Sand armor bypassed by Luffy's strength and abilities.

•Instinctive reaction gets bypassed by speed, outsmarting, fake outs and baits. Honestly, trying to continue push this argument is ridiculous.
where did I downplay? I quite literally said luffy would tag garra nowhere did I imply his instinctive reaction makes him untouchable and pre ts g2 does fatigue him its literally on his profile neither of that is downplay
garras sand armor also takes alot of chakra

Last edited:
where did I downplay? I quite literally said luffy would tag garra nowhere did I imply his instinctive reaction makes him untouchable and pre ts g2 does fatigue him its literally on his profile neither of that is downplay
I was expecting a proper refute. Good grief, where to begin?

1) I'll try it say it in the most positive way possible, why are you telling me things I already know? His weakness section has absolutely nothing to do what I said above because I never denied it otherwise. You were literally taking Luffy vs Lucci out of context when in reality Luffy was already worn-out prior to his fight against Lucci, so this argument still stands, before you continue to push the whole "Luffy can' beat Gaara because G2 will wear him out" argument, keep in mind that this Luffy is at his peak form, meaning he will keep on fighting in this form much longer without any difficulty.

2) Then why mention it in the first place? Instinctive reaction as the name already implies only lets your body react to things you normally wouldn't react. However, being blitzed is another thing. G2 Luffy was literally unperceivable to people who were relative to him in speed. Not even experienced Kenbunshoku Haki users such as Marigold and Sandaronia could keep up with him, if characters with better senses couldn't keep up with G2 Luffy why should Gaara?

Are you going to refute the rest of my points above or concede that Gaara doesn't have one single win condition, even excluding G2 Luffy. Especially the fact that Luffy defeated Crocodile who can arguably control sand much better than him and has years of experiences.

Where does it say he slows down or becomes fatigued while using gear 2nd...

1. I never did that lol I said g2 being used repeatedly wears him out. If it's in his weakness section then me bringing up Lucci saying it isn't really out of context because that's not the only time it fatigued him. So you saying he's gonna lead with g2 and in the first use win the fight?

2. Garra himself dosent need to perceive luffy his sand has a will of its own, but regardless I already said luffy in g2 would be able to tag him

Garra and croc don't really fight alike

Sand tsunami/giant sand burial and sand tomb should be wincons

@monkey Lucci says it and we visibly see it, and on his profile it notes it strains him

Lucci says it and we visibly see it, and on his profile it notes it strains him
Yee it strains him...
g2 isnt limitless didn't lucci say he was slowing down
That is false 👆... he literally beat lucci with gear 2nd while being borderline dead... He doesn't slow down... He manipulate his blood to move fast which puts a strain on him... And he can use it until he dies.

I never did that lol I said g2 being used repeatedly wears him out. If it's in his weakness section then me bringing up Lucci saying it isn't really out of context because that's not the only time it fatigued him. So you saying he's gonna lead with g2 and in the first use win the fight?
1) That's under the assumption he will use Gear second more than once against someone who cannot perceive Gear second speed, the moment Gaara gets blitzed he will get bullied by a barrage of powerful fists that can easily break through Tekkai. Your argument relies heavily on the fact that Luffy would need to activate Gear second more than thrice to actually slow him down and that requires proof or a legitimate argument why.
2. Garra himself dosent need to perceive luffy his sand has a will of its own, but regardless I already said luffy in g2 would be able to tag him
2)Again, HIS SAND also cannot react to things faster than itself, you are claiming Gaara's sand can project him from getting utterly blitzed by someone faster than him or getting outsmarted/outskilled by people far experienced than Gaara himself. Sasuke and Lee managed to hit Gaara more than once and their experience & intelligence pales in comparison to Luffy's, you didn't elaborate on how G2 Luffy will be taged by someone slower than him when even people with PRECOGNITION and Mind Reading couldn't.
Garra and croc don't really fight alike
3) Crocodile is undoubtedly massively above Kid Gaara in terms of sand manipulation, experience and intelligence. The fact that Luffy managed to outwit crocodile more than twice proves that Luffy will easily outwit Gaara.
Sand tsunami/giant sand burial and sand tomb should be wincons
4) Except none of these will ever land a hit on Luffy, regardless of G2 or not.

Honestly, at this point. I wouldn't surprised that you will make up more unrealistic scenarios or straight up ignore arguments why most of your scenarios are unlikely.

1. They are the same tier that's why I'm assuming a few punches won't end this fight, if it's with Gnd jet pistol jet bazooka gg then I guess it's a stomp

2. I'm well aware I saw that 5th gate lee did to garra I know it can be blitzed. How's sasuke intelligence pale in comparison? Possibly with aoe attacks

3.Them both using sand dosent mean they fight alike.

4. I understand you saying he won't tag g2 but how does base luffy avoid sand tsunami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back