• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tatsumi in-character dons Incursio from the very start and proceeds to murder Ruby.

Ruby's silver eyes won't matter much in vs debates as she herself can't even use it when she wants to. It was more spur of the moment than anything.

But also note that Ruby's silver eyes can activate whether she is in danger or an emotional breakdown (like when she saw Pyhrra dying at the hands of Cinder), so likely she will activate them when danger comes near her.

Also, Base Tatsumi in the beginnig of the series was 8-A, Possibly Low 7-C, While Incursio Armor Tatsumi is at least Low 7-C. You should check out his data.

Anyway,...

Bump.

Ruby - 0

Tatsumi - 1

Silver Eyes are still a one time thing that knock her out. They aren't combat applicable

Ruby should take her due to her better mobility (Pseudo Flight with Crescent Rose) and range. They are about equal in everything else. Is this pre-timeskip Ruby?

I wasn't considering it because I wasn't sure if @Muhammedmco meant to use the V3 or V4 version

idk you're using someone with the resolve to kill vs someone who's used to people being protected by Aura and not taking a lot of physical damage. Tatsumi may be greenhorn but he still has the resolve to kill when it's needed and that's something that gives him an adavantage. It's harder to maim than to kill. It's why you have to roll higher in DnD when you aim to maim or just overall a specific area. And if you fail, leaves you vulnerable.

I'd say Ruby if we're using base forms. Tatsumi has no protection against bullets and swords other than his armor. And seeing how we're using their base forms Ruby pretty much has this in the bag. Tatsumi stomps with his armor on though.

Legium Epidermus said:
I'd say Ruby if we're using base forms. Tatsumi has no protection against bullets and swords other than his armor. And seeing how we're using their base forms Ruby pretty much has this in the bag. Tatsumi stomps with his armor on though.
Bump Ruby -3 Tatsumi -1

Which base form for Tats, pre or post evolved Incursio? The latter was able to react to monster Cosmina with no issue.

Akame could easily react to machine guns bullet but I'm sure Tatsumi doesn't match her speed at base form, so I think Ruby needs some good shots and she just need to be careful, I'm sure Ruby is not going for a kill and just a knock out but she'd still win in my opinion

The moment she sees Tatsumi gets injured by her attacks, she's gonna stop the fight for fear of killing someone due to lack of aura.

Tatsumi ignores the pain and hits her then.

That's how I see this anyway.

Ruby had no problem seeing torchwick get killed though. She even cuts off tyrians tail in volume 4. I don't think ruby would stop the fight over that.

Seeing someone get killed and seeing someone dying from your attack are two different things.

Also, cutting off Tyrian's tail isn't exactly a death sentence. Not to mention, he's nothing new to her as he has aura like everybody else, unlike Tatsumi, and Tyrian just stabbed her uncle seconds prior.

It's chopping off a limb near its very tip, and it didn't even bleed.

Meanwhile, Tatsumi doesn't have aura to protect himself, which will be quite the shocker for her as she's never faced anyone like that (even the goons have aura to protect them from being bisected by her scythe), and will bleed which is also something she's very likely never done against someone, because aura.

Also ruby in-character tends to bloodlust, not a full bloodlust but close. She revels in combat, and has no problem chopping grimm into pieces. Yes, they may be monsters, but she also shows this elsewhere. She caused Neo to drift away into a huge amount of flying grimm, was pissed at Roman and showed no remorse for his death, and cut off Tyrians stinger. She was completely unphased by that. If she or someone she cares about is threatened she would have no problem attacking them.

Edit:tail to stinger

Basically, Tats is a lot more reckless and savage so he is going straight towards the kill, whatever it takes.

Meanwhile, Ruby is very less violent, useless the live of the people she love is threated, she most likely hold back.

They bloodlust because they know their opponents have aura. They've never faced anyone without it, and assuming they'll react to it all the same is a bit reaching.

Causing someone to drift away and having slashed at someone to draw blood is different. She also didn't do anything to kill Roman, so that's something else too.

Also, Tatsumi never threatened anyone she cares about so that's out the window too.

In short terms for all of this: Place your bets on the wining character. Base Tats vs Vol 3 Ruby. That's round one.

Round two would be Pre-evolved Incursio Tats vs Vol 4 Ruby with Silver Eyes.

Place your bets, everybody.

She was fighting for her own life on the airship. And sending someone into a swarm of grimm is intent to kill. Although I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that neo survived. And yes, she wasn't the one that killed Roman, but if she had such a problem as to worrying about her opponents being harmed she wouldn't have acted the way she did afterwards.

Them willing to kill won't translate to being unable to be surprised by someone not having aura.

R2 is a sure-fire Tatsumi win, considering the circumstances in which silver eyes can activate. Can she even actively use it?

Back