• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby vs Weiss

Weiss has better versatility with her abilities due to how she can use dust. Ruby also lacks in hand-to-hand combat which puts her at a disadvantage when facing human opponents. So I'm voting for the Ice Queen.

They both make out.

But seriously, Ruby doesn't have the versatility to match up against Weiss in the long run, but Weiss might be at a disadvantage in close quarters combat.

Weiss, more specifically post timeskip is easily the strongest character in the team

Pre timeskip she's the second above Ruby who is above Blake IMO

Weiss FRA

Kazuma kuwabara said:
^ I have personal reasons to put yang over weiss
Like defeating [Tifa] in death battle (LOL)
How does a non-canon battle make her the better girl?

As for the thread to not get carried away, I feel like Weiss will take this with some difficulty. Ruby and Weiss being partners means they know what to expect from one another. Ruby tends to get carried away for the most part while Weiss usually will focus on a fight. Usually, I don't recall Weiss ever getting distracted by Ruby aside from Volume 1. I doubt Weiss will let this get to her though since this isn't common after Volume 1.

Both Ruby and Weiss have tremendous capability in CQC, but Weiss's rapier is designed for her to dodge attacks and make a quick one of her own. Ruby will be needing to swing her scythe faster than Weiss can dodge or strike. But considering Weiss can amp her speed Ruby's semblance won't help her much in this regard. Nova will definitely be an asset in restricting Ruby's movements as well.

Weiss is more versatile when it comes to dust. Especially when combined with her glyphs. Speaking of that, Ruby's best bet is to take care of Weiss from afar. But with glyphs Weiss can easily create a barrier and defeat Ruby from afar. Barrage helping out since it's a homing attack. If Ruby chooses to deal with this attack this gives Weiss enough time to close the gap and bring her back into CQC zone. Gravity glyphs will boost her towards Ruby and she could even use the time glyph to increase this speed, or just slow down Ruby and cause her to be too slow to avoid or counter anything.

Then there's her incomplete summoning. That reaches into High 8C territory pre-timeskip. In combination with Nova or her other glyphs, Ruby stands no chance.

Now I want to see a Yang vs Weiss match. That'd be far more interesting, mostly to me because I like a good ol' fight of Fire and Ice.

And, pray tell, what exactly will Weiss do to land solid hits aside from a limited one-use speed amp?

Back