• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby's "Intangibility"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, its me again, ready to cause some more chaos amongst the RWBY section of this wiki.

Its come to my attention that everyone thinks Ruby has 'Elemental Intangibility' when it comes to her semblance turning her into a burst of rose petals. Already confronted Weekly about this who still cant seem to defend it, so perhaps its time to officially try and get this out.

Why Ruby does not have intangibility. Well firstly, this idea was brought about by one example in the Vol.4 Red Trailer, where Ruby split herself into 3 sections. People seem to be confused, or are purposefully accepting it, one or the other, that Ruby split into those petals when the boulder collided with her.

https://youtu.be/M0WeiG2-HRQ?t=2m3s <--- We can very clearly see that Ruby indeed split her body up beforehand into the 3 sections, rather than the boulder touching her trail and splitting her. Therefore, its not true elemental intangibility, since she actively had to make a hole in order to dodge it, rather than just going through it unaffected

If thats not enough, then remember that Mercury was able to hit her with a solid kick in this rose petal form, and no Weekly, it was never said that she 'mastered' her semblance to the point she can now go intangible post V3, she merely gained a few new abilities with it. (Evidence: https://youtu.be/oemn_F_dWdg?t=1m40s).

Overall, the Petal burst only allows her compact her size a bit, amp her speed, and perform a few new abilities with better body control. It doesnt duplicate her and it doesnt make her intangible

Can we please get rid of this on her page?

1. She leaves a trail of rose petals too. And just because she went a bit slower doesnt mean she has intangibility with the roses either. She was literally oozing out these roses even in her normal form. No one is arguing she cant turn into rose petals

2. Rose Petals are solid matter, they arent fluids like Juvias water body or one piece logia. And again, she was hit by Mercury, who actually hit her in this form. Transfiguration =/= Intangibility

3. Ther eis a way to explain it, other than the famous argument 'its fiction', its just clear that Ruby can control and split herself apart in her rose form. Body control

I don't care about intangibility, I'm just trying to let you know that she actually does turn into Rose petals instead of just going fast.

https://youtu.be/M0WeiG2-HRQ?t=229

I wasn't talking about her speed, I was talking about how the rose petals she turn into were far more spread out then before.

Ruby's Semblance has evolved, or are you going to tell me she could always split into three? But turning into Rose Petals should logically be intangibility but Feats>Logic.

I don't know what to think about it but I'll wait for others before making any judgement.

I know she goes into Rose petals? Where on earth did i say that? Thats not the point of this thread

And again, those rose petals could have easily been the ones she leaves trailing behind, since she hasnt shown to be able to slowly use her semblance. And just because theyre more spread out? What?

Yeah, i know its evolved, i know she couldnt do half the fancy things in v3 and under, i dont know what youre seeing where i say that, but again, theres no proof that the evolution lead on to give her intangibility. It only seems to grant her more control of herself in this form. If she was intangible, she didnt need to split into 3 manually to avoid that boulder

And it shouldnt be logically? Thats an assumption, Rose petals are solid matter, and she has shown to be able to be hit in this form before. Rose Petals =/= Fluids

Im not angry? Seriously, why is everyone on this wiki so passive they think that anything that may sound the slightest bit hostile means im about to throw my monitor out the window.

All i can see on that page is how he can create holes in his body, that isnt elemental intangibility either. And im pretty sure we cant be comparing semblances and Haki

I mean, it would, but Shapeshifting is more a power for those that dont have something they can exclusively turn into like Ruby, who can only compact herself in rose petals.

Remember when Ruby had duplication for that three way splitting thing lel

Yeah, but its more Transformation, since its an exclusive ability, while she cant really alter her shape in any other ways

Also, Why would she have immobilisation for Silver Eyes when its only exclusively works on Grimm/Grimm fused things for now?

No, it's considered Transformation only if it makes you stronger if it grants you new abilities.

When Ruby turns herself into roses, she doesn't become stronger, nor she gains new abilities (aside from dodging better, but she can't really harm anyone while she is a pile of roses: she has to turn back to normal to do that).

So yeah, it a form of shapeshifting. Limited, yes, but shapeshifting nether the less.

Jinx you really don't understand what Elemental intangibility is do you? Uh quite literally disperses into a cloud of rose petals.

DMB 1 said:
She has to turn herself into a cloud of roses, it's not automatic.
And that matters how exactly? Passive or active its still by definition elemental intangibility

Elemental intangibility doesn't have to be passive for it to be considered Elemental intangibility. Hell regular intangibility doesn't have to be passive

Doesnt intangbility just mean you can't touch her normally? Can anyone explain to me or show that Ruby can actually get hurt when using her semblance? She sure as hell never got hurt ever from what I recall. If she turns into a mass of pedals that fall off her anyways, I'm pretty sure that's intangibility since her main physical form is no longer tangible.

According to this wiki Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.

Yet Ruby hasn't shown the ability to literally let a solid projectile through her unharmed. She had to split herself up before the rock collided in order to dodge it, she wasnt dispersed, she actively dispersed herself she wouldnt have needed to if this was legit EI. Its not Intangibility.

Also the fact that she was literally kicked in this form, and reverted back to her human state, disproving it makes her intangible as a whole.

Jinx666 said:
Also the fact that she was literally kicked in this form, and reverted back to her human state, disproving it makes her intangible as a whole.
Pre-timeskip feat from before she mastered her semblance, even on her profile she only has intangibility after the timeskip when she mastered it

Elemental Intangibility post V3 seems right to me. She clearly split up into 3 pieces, she did NOT duplicate.

She broke into three pieces to avoid the boulder. Which means her "main piece" would've gotten hurt by the boulder.

Actually is there a name for breaking into pieces and reassembling? If not then intangibility will have to suffice

Akreious said:
Doesnt intangbility just mean you can't touch her normally? Can anyone explain to me or show that Ruby can actually get hurt when using her semblance? She sure as hell never got hurt ever from what I recall. If she turns into a mass of pedals that fall off her anyways, I'm pretty sure that's intangibility since her main physical form is no longer tangible.
Mercury kciked her face in, click the second link on the top post

Mercury kicked pre timeskip ruby out of her semblance right before penny died, but pre timeskip ruby had not yet mastered her semblance and did not display actual intangibility like she does post timeskip

DMB 1 said:
She has to turn herself into a cloud of roses, it's not automatic.
That really doesn't mean anything. There are characters that have to turn themselves intangible as well

WeeklyBattles said:
Jinx666 said:
Pre-timeskip feat from before she mastered her semblance, even on her profile she only has intangibility after the timeskip when she mastered it
Lol, Weekly, i literally got it on the top post.

Theres no confirmation that she mastered it to the point shes now fully intangible, it was neveer stated, shown, and the only example of EI you're putting out was her actively splitting up to dodge it rather than going through it

All the mercury feat does is prove that ruby doesn't have intangibility before the timeskip, which her profile already reflects

Jinx666 said:
Theres no confirmation that she mastered it to the point shes now fully intangible, it was neveer stated, shown, and the only example of EI you're putting out was her actively splitting up to dodge it rather than going through it

WeeklyBattles said:
All the mercury feat does is prove that ruby doesn't have intangibility before the timeskip, which her profile already reflects
Okay, but wheres the proof she has it post timeskip?

@Jinx Ruby showing new aspects of her semblance as well as using it constantly is enough proof to say that she's massively improved with her semblance even if not stated. It's implied.

Not everything needs to be outright said or spoon fed to the audience.

Again Ruby broke apart into 3 pieces. What would you call that? Definitely not duplication. Sure give her both shapeshifting and transmutation but those two don't deny that she also has intangibility.

Intangibility is when attacks are avoided by becoming tiny pieces of something like sand for example. Or just water/fire. Ruby just has kinda shitty intangibility where she breaks into 3 pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back