• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planck@ I'm pretty sure that is a common fact that many user don't even ask on CRT or any staff member before trying to implement any major revision.

Just look at how many Naruto, DB, OPM, Marvel/DC content revisions are done by rookies trying upgrade A to B Tier, D to C speed, and D to E Dura without even acknowledging rules, guidelines, knowledgeable members or previous thread about the topic. Just going by what is accurate for them.

Unless he wrote something stupid like that one person back in the day who upgraded European Honeybee to 4-B with a justification of "that shit is ******' painful", I really doubt this is something that should have warranted a ban right on the spot. Let's be real, 90% of you didn't even know how the tiering system worked when you first got here, and you probably have your own list of things you did in your first days when you "should have known better".

Many other wiki sites have a gaping open door policy when it comes to editing; you show up, you get to add what you want, and the only way you get in trouble is if you try to make blatant troll moves like adding joke info or replacing the main image on a page with a dick or something. Villains Wiki and The Dark Tower Wiki were both prime examples of that during my limited tenure on each. It's entirely plausible that someone new here would have it in their head that they can add what they want to pages upon showing up here, especially since most people really don't bother to read the rules on their first day.

If he comes back and continues to make unwarranted changes after being warned against such, then do what you want. But he hasn't earned a permaban right now, not based on the infractions above. Let's not take the Knight Templar approach here. Now is especially not a good time to do so.

Seconded. If we always operated under this precedent, then I myself would've gotten banned a long time ago, because I "should've known better".

This is doubly true for 1-A/0 stuff in the tiering system, which I myself still don't fully understand. Banning a newcomer for not knowing that to me is like firing the janitor at NASA for not knowing how a rocket works.

GojiBoyForever said:
Sorry I have to disagree with you wright. This is clearly a troll.
By that logic, I was clearly a troll the one time I added Mid-Godly Regenerationn to a page without asking.

Seriously, you guys are way overselling how much newbies know about the tiering system.

When I was new here, I thought Room Level and Small Building level were two different tiers. I also had to actively stop myself from cursing out the person who told me I was wrong about that, because they accused me of spreading lies and misinformation.

Most of you know me well enough by now, so let that one sink in for a moment. Once you've done so, repeat after me:

"Accusations without a solid basis will benefit no one."

I'll say it again; give him a chance to properly show whether or not he's a troll before crucifying him for such. Right now, we have no real proof that he's anything more than a misguided newcomer (to the point that we haven't even seen him post in the forum yet), and people here are assuming otherwise based on...what, exactly?

@Wright So you think someone who's first edit is setting Yukari Yakumo, a character who has a lot of people wanking her to 1-A, to "1-A, possibly High 1-A" is just a well-intentioned newbie who knows nothing about the tiering system or what 1-A/High 1-A even is?

Given the specificity of the page and the rating, I don't buy that they had no idea what they were doing, which is the only defense you guys have given. That's about as unlucky as setting Master Roshi's first key to 5-C, or setting Majestic Presence/The Presence/Najimi Ajimu to 0.

By that logic, I was clearly a troll the one time I added Mid-Godly Regenerationn to a page without asking.

You had already been contributing for many months prior to doing that. Your first edit wasn't giving High-Godly to a character who's had fierce debates for years over their level of Regenerationn.

EDIT: At the very least Yukari Yakumo's page should be locked, as other controversial pages are.

Agnaa said:
@Wright So you think someone who's first edit is setting Yukari Yakumo, a character who has a lot of people wanking her to 1-A, to "1-A, possibly High 1-A" is just a well-intentioned newbie who knows nothing about the tiering system or what 1-A/High 1-A even is?

Given the specificity of the page and the rating, I don't buy that they had no idea what they were doing, which is the only defense you guys have given. That's about as unlucky as setting Master Roshi's first key to 5-C, or setting Majestic Presence/The Presence/Najimi Ajimu to 0.

You had already been contributing for many months prior to doing that. Your first edit wasn't giving High-Godly to a character who's had fierce debates for years over their level of Regenerationn.
Yes. Because someone who just looked at the tiering system and didn't look at the rules, like most newbies do, wouldn't know it's against the rules. I don't see what's so hard to get about that.

Your argument works against itself. 1-A Yukari is a commonly held belief in some circles, which is exactly why a newbiew, with no knowledge of the rules, would change it. They're ised to wikis with looser editing standards.

Also, this entire circular argument could be avoided by just warning them and seeing how they react. We're missing the obvious solution here, people.

Agnaa said:
@Wright

These two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

Look back at what I said about most wikia sites having extremely loose editing regulations compared to ours. If a person believes "Character X should be Y rating" and hasn't bothered to read our rules and find out that, hey, we're not one of those wikis where you can change whatever you feel like as long as the page is unlocked, it's still entirely possible that they didn't realize they were breaking a rule so severely.

If they come back and display more evidence of being a troll, then do what you want with them. But right now we're basing a permanent ban on exactly four edits without even asking them what their reasoning was. At least go to their message wall and tell them what's what first. See where a conversation goes. You might be surprised.

Your argument works against itself. 1-A Yukari is a commonly held belief in some circles, which is exactly why a newbiew, with no knowledge of the rules, would change it. They're ised to wikis with looser editing standards.

My argument was responding to what you and KingOfNeg were saying.

Seconded. If we always operated under this precedent, then I myself would've gotten banned a long time ago, because I "should've known better". This is doubly true for 1-A/0 stuff in the tiering system, which I myself still don't fully understand. Banning a newcomer for not knowing that to me is like firing the janitor at NASA for not knowing how a rocket works.
Seriously, you guys are way overselling how much newbies know about the tiering system.
"I barely understand 1-A, why would we expect a new person to understand it?"

When I was new here, I thought Room Level and Small Building level were two different tiers. I also had to actively stop myself from cursing out the person who told me I was wrong about that, because they accused me of spreading lies and misinformation.
"I didn't understand 9-A, why would we expect a new person to understand tiers?"

I don't really care what the punishment is, imho no bans should be longer than 3 months, I was just responding to your kinda weird assertion that this person who instantly made a character that is frequently wanked to 1-A, 1-A, is just someone who doesn't understand tiering.

I don't know about Wright, but don't think that was the point I was trying to make. Mine went a little something like:

Many other wiki sites have a gaping open door policy when it comes to editing; you show up, you get to add what you want, and the only way you get in trouble is if you try to make blatant troll moves like adding joke info or replacing the main image on a page with a dick or something. Villains Wiki and The Dark Tower Wiki were both prime examples of that during my limited tenure on each. It's entirely plausible that someone new here would have it in their head that they can add what they want to pages upon showing up here, especially since most people really don't bother to read the rules on their first day.

I suppose giving them a warning first and see whether they comply is better than potentially permabanning a clueless new user who doesn't know how things work here.

Given the controversy regarding this ban, I also suppose that we could lift it, give a strong warning, and see what happens instead.

Is somebody willing to handle it? The IP block has to be lifted as well.

I don't know how to handle IP blocks, but I've lifted the ban itself.

I'm probably about to go to bed soon, though.

Okay. I will lift the IP block. Is somebody willing to handle the warning?

Okay. Try to copy the text, reload the page, paste, and then post it again.

Yeah, I didn't mean to appear hasty, and I'm too used to our 2017-2018 standards regarding people who vandalize pages. But it really depends on the severity of the vandalism. But anyway, I'm fine with just giving him a warning. Fandom keeps eating my posts however. But the warning I have written with these three paragraphs below that someone could either copy/paste or reword.

Edit: Nvm

I gave him the warning and it worked after the ctrl + F5 trick.

How "minor" are the ability additions, exactly?

If it's like, adding Type 4 Immortality to someone who already has resurrection listed, I don't think it'd be report worthy, as that'd just be a clarification.

If notable abilities are being added without a CRT, and he's done this multiple times, he'd probably aught to get a warning and have the edits removed.

I skimmed through the changes and from what I could tell, he shuffled some powers around to make the profile more neat, separated the resistances in a new tab and added some generic Daemon Primarch powers that are on other Daemon Primarch profiles.

That doesn't seem like a major issue. Maybe he was just stressed out because the editing will be disallowed for him from tomorrow, and he didn't think that the edits he made seemed like a big deal?

It is possible, but in the general consensus; "My brother did it" or "That was my brother" is one of the classic "I didn't do it" ways to feign ignorance. I'd prefer input from others however before taking action.

It's seen as a faux pass. Making your idea seem more popular than it really is. But that's not the issue here.

We hear that excuse regularly. Prove it.

Also, he did so right as you posted it? And then switched to his account to confirm that it was him? I doubt it.

Well I don't think there's sufficient evidence that he's sockpuppeting. While the excuse is an extremely common one it's not completely far-fetched and impossible.

It could be possible that his brother used his account to kudos his own account and then his brother used his brother's account to explain. Not likely, but presumption of innocence.

Since what he did wasn't anything really harmful even if it was a sock I think we should just wait and see if it really is sockpuppet or not.

Looking at both of their contribution histories, this is the first thread they've been in together since their accounts were made 4 days ago, and the threads they were each in were for completely unrelated characters/verses until now. Given the high amount of activity they've both had in those days, I can buy them actually just being dumb siblings.

Using a brother to excuse kudos'ing ones own comment doesn't even matter, imo, the actions taken themselves were miles from harmful.

They could or could not be siblings, we do not know and even though it is a common excuse we should just assume they are telling the truth unless further evidence surfaces. Plus what they did wasn't really harmful anyway.

Well I started a few days ago and my brother said he gonna be off until I made an account and thanks for understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back