• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RuneScape: Cosmology and Elder God Tiering

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
I made a blog post about the RuneScape cosmology.

We need to determine what type of cosmology is to be accepted, single universe or multiverse, as this determines the tiering of the Elder Gods.

Feel free to bring up any question you have about the blog and I will do my best to answer them. Once a cosmology is agreed on, I will make drafts for the powers of the Elder Gods.

I would really appreciate any input I can get here, and happy discussion!

Reading over it, I do agree with 2-C - 2-B Elder Gods. Not sure exactly where to put them in there though.

Well if the multiverse cosmology is accepted, would "At least 2-C, likely 2-B" work? 2-C since we know Freneskae and Geilinor are in separate planes of existence, with the possibility of "innumerable" unknown planes as well resulting in 2-B.

Thanks for your input. Now all I would like is Matt's opinion and I can conclude this and make some broken Tier 2s.

2-B seems fine to me as well.

They are probably using "universe" in a broader sense (meaning "literally everything" instead of "a single continuum")

I can see that. So "world" in this sense means universes and "universe" means literally everything.

Kinda lines up with Lucifer Morningstar describing all of DC as "universe".

Also, this is a question I want to ask that may be reaching too far.

The Elder Gods control the source of all magic, life, and souls. Would it be fair to say that they would have the abilities of all the magic users in the series, even those as powerful as Zaros and Death?

Probably? Although not necessarily all the abilities, only those that they can achieve through magic.

Like, for example Death's ability to kill with a touch wouldn't scale to them unless it's via magic.

It is. Death's abilities stem from the manipulation of Anima, the life force that binds all things. Guthix used this power and was the one who granted Death his powers, so it is reasonable to assume even his instakill-touch is done via magic.

Oh and in a fight she is super bloodlusted. She wipes the multiverse if you insult her.

The player calls her squid face. She says: "Self destructive. Needlessly defiant. Mortal life is an abberation. It shall end." Then she destroys everything.

Only 4 Elder Gods. Mah is broken and doesn't count and we have zero clue what the final one is.

Gotta love creator gods. They can be broken as mess and not mess up the story.

Back