• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Semblance upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he just assumes that, also it would have one shot killed it meaning it would scale above the whales durability just like how Oscar's KE nuke does
So you are prescribing the durability of the mountain whale to the inside of it as well?

So you are prescribing the durability of the mountain whale to the inside of it as well?
Basically, I mean Oscar's KE nuke is listed as up to "at least Mountain level, likely higher with The Long Memory (The Long Memory's power is proportional to the amount of kinetic energy that Ozpin has stored within it over his numerous lives. The dwindling remains of energy stored in The Long Memory was able to annihilate Monstra, as well as disperse the surrounding Tempest storm)"

Just because it annihilated the whale just like the bomb was supposed to do, hell Ironwood even thought that ke nuke was actually the bomb

Basically, I mean Oscar's KE nuke is listed as up to "at least Mountain level, likely higher with The Long Memory (The Long Memory's power is proportional to the amount of kinetic energy that Ozpin has stored within it over his numerous lives. The dwindling remains of energy stored in The Long Memory was able to annihilate Monstra, as well as disperse the surrounding Tempest storm)"

Just because it annihilated the whale just like the bomb was supposed to do, hell Ironwood even thought that ke nuke was actually the bomb
To be fair, the bomb was just made that day. He doesn’t really know what it looks like. But I still agree with the overall point. The insides of Monstra would still have to be as durable as the mountain calc because it survives moving.

The inside of Monstra also has more vulnerable organs to target as well. Like, Monstra would have to move its muscles to move. Muscles that are in the inside of the whale.

To be fair, the bomb was just made that day. He doesn’t really know what it looks like. But I still agree with the overall point. The insides of Monstra would still have to be as durable as the mountain calc because it survives moving.
Anyways basically because of this it fixes the whole Vine dying to the bomb yet his aura actually contained the blast long enough to do no damage to anything, because the bomb was stronger then his aura's max durability of 300 Megatons but it also explains how his aura contained it before getting killed by it

Because that bomb would've absolutely oneshot stomped killed that whale like Oscar's KE blast is listed as "at least mountain level"

Last edited:
Anyways basically because of this it fixes the whole Vine dying to the bomb yet his aura actually contained the blast long enough to do no damage to anything, because the bomb was stronger then his aura's max durability of 100 Megatons but it also explains how his aura contained it before getting killed by it
I always thought it was because he transformed his personal aura to his semblance to contain it, lowering his own shields. If he had put all of his aura into his personal shields, he would have lived.

I always thought it was because he transformed his personal aura to his semblance to contain it, lowering his own shields. If he had put all of his aura into his personal shields, he would have lived.
His aura still contained the blast at the end of the day, even if he did die in the middle of the blast

Not really, it's just max aura durability and the max power of yangs semblance and Adam's semblances

That's it really
I see I see. This actually makes sense tbh. RWBY characters can already contend with and take blows from maiden tier characters without aura. Them being more durable with aura makes sense. Though; I will also say that aura directly translates to AP too, as it empowers the users weapons and such

I see I see. This actually makes sense tbh. RWBY characters can already contend with and take blows from maiden tier characters without aura. Them being more durable with aura makes sense. Though; I will also say that aura directly translates to AP too, as it empowers the users weapons and such
Not really, aura just covers their weapons

That's what they mean by that, we've never seen aura boost their ap, just durability

Outside of Ren and Fox's one time aura blast attack that has always one shot

Not really, aura just covers their weapons

That's what they mean by that, we've never seen aura boost their ap, just durability

Outside of Ren and Fox's one time aura blast attack that has always one shot
Yes it covers their weapons but also empowers them. This is from the wiki.

• Offense: Demonstrated by Ren in the forest, as he sends a shockwave of force propelling a fang through the snake's head, causing it to explode. Fox Alistair demonstrated a similar ability during the fight in "Breach", where a shock wave from his fist blew up an Ursa Major. Additionally, Pyrrha has stated that all tools and equipment are conduits for a person's Aura. This is demonstrated twice in "Painting the Town..." and "No Brakes" when Blake Belladonna unleashes crescent-shaped slashes from her Gambol Shroud, increasing its range and strength.

Yes it covers their weapons but also empowers them. This is from the wiki.

• Offense: Demonstrated by Ren in the forest, as he sends a shockwave of force propelling a fang through the snake's head, causing it to explode. Fox Alistair demonstrated a similar ability during the fight in "Breach", where a shock wave from his fist blew up an Ursa Major. Additionally, Pyrrha has stated that all tools and equipment are conduits for a person's Aura. This is demonstrated twice in "Painting the Town..." and "No Brakes" when Blake Belladonna unleashes crescent-shaped slashes from her Gambol Shroud, increasing its range and strength.
Either way it has always been shown as a one shot attack anyways, like literally every time

Then the series stopped using that aspect of aura

Either way it has always been shown as a one shot attack anyways, like literally every time

Then the series stopped using that aspect of aura
It still is a viable method of attack tho. And Pyrrha never mentions it being exclusive to Ren as well. She is a trained warrior, so she should also be able to do it as well. And RWBY folks can harm other characters while amped with aura just with their bare bodies. Like how Ruby would able to kick dudes in the air in the first episode yet was portrayed as much weaker in V2 when she broke her aura from a long fall and WF goons come to her.

The Monstra KE stuff takes into account that it has gravity dust to help it fly, right?

The Monstra KE stuff takes into account that it has gravity dust to help it fly, right?
I mean yeah, I think it counts that for its weight I think

Edit: the calc just takes into account its weight of the whale part, not the crystals

Like it can’t flap its own wings and fly on its own. It needs the help of the gravity dust to actually float.

Like it can’t flap its own wings and fly on its own. It needs the help of the gravity dust to actually float.
That seems like HC to me, there is nothing in the series to suggest or support that

Yeah, but it's still a part of its body

This is like saying just because a plane needs to fly with a propeller means that it has no KE, the calc just takes into account its KE simple as that
I know but the effor needed to move the body is lessened by the presence of the gravity dust. The best way to do the KE now would be to find the level of impact it had when it touched down.

Also, did the bomb get recalced to include the crater?

I know but the effor needed to move the body is lessened by the presence of the gravity dust. The best way to do the KE now would be to find the level of impact it had when it touched down.

Also, did the bomb get recalced to include the crater?
1. No, that's not how ke works, it still survives its own ke of it flying even if it's flying because of the gravity dust

2. No, it did not

Bump. I would like someone to explain more of the KE thing to me. I think the gravity dust thing kinda nerfs it but I want to believe otherwise.

Unless channeling the power of Dust is common in RWBY and not something specific to Hazel I doubt it can scale to one’s stats.

Unless channeling the power of Dust is common in RWBY and not something specific to Hazel I doubt it can scale to one’s stats.
They use dust bullets to shot at folks. Dust is extremely common in combat. Hazel just injects dust himself raw because he can’t feel pain.

And last time i checked Dust isn’t an energy source the characters use to amp their strength in different ways so unless a bunch of extended canon says otherwise, I doubt it would scale to Monstro

? They weave dust in their clothes and their weapons. It’s used in combat all the time.

That’s not what I’m talking about, Dust doesn’t amp their physical strength like more dust injection resulting in their overall strength to increase, and Vice versa.

I’m arguing that the gravity dust helps Monstra float, therby weaking the amount of KE it has to use to move itself.

I know, and I’m also saying that due to the lack of evidence that Dust can be capable of amping one’s stats like a UES, it would further go against whatever KE feat Monstro have to fully scale to itself since it’s using gravity dust more than it’s own strength.

I know, and I’m also saying that due to the lack of evidence that Dust can be capable of amping one’s stats like a UES, it would further go against whatever KE feat Monstro have to fully scale to itself since it’s using gravity dust more than it’s own strength.
There is an argument that just existing and being able to move some parts of his body still scales. And being able to survive landing as well

There is an argument that just existing and being able to move some parts of his body still scales. And being able to survive landing as well
Isn't this derailing?

If you want to ask about the whale calc just ask Rusty as he made the calc, at the end of the day that whale still moved that fast and is that big giving it that KE and durability no matter what

Isn't this derailing?

If you want to ask about the whale calc just ask Rusty as he made the calc, at the end of the day that whale still moved that fast and is that big giving it that KE and durability no matter what
I guess he would still have to move himself in the air. Gravity glphy stuff helps people float, but not really fly. So he’d have to use his wings and body to move.

Sure. I am worried that this methodology of finding out the aura limits is edging very close to calc stacking.

Sure. I am worried that this methodology of finding out the aura limits is edging very close to calc stacking.
I mean, not really if we are finding the limit for Aura basied on a in universe ability that has been explained to work that way and to explain away stuff like 7-C's surviving multiple hits from low 7-B's who want to kill them

I mean we do it for Deku and soon even fat gum and others with this ability

you're confusing calc stacking and multipliers and even then the majority of aura durability feats are just that, feats. Yang's charged semblance just fits into the range that the rest of their feats of Aura durability are

Mercury and emerald taking hits from maiden Amber, Everyone in Haven taking beatings from Hazel

Like Hazel was literally pinning Nora down and zapping Nora with his lightning dust for a short period of time and it didn't break her aura or go past her limit despite her being a 7-C and him a low 7-B, who literally said while zapping Nora "how many more children need to die" meaning his intentions were to kill Nora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back