• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

After thinking it over, RWBY and JJK are kinda similar in the sense that just like how a huge part of a sorcerers potential is in their Cursed Technique, a huge portion of a Huntsman's potential is in their Semblance. While Sorcerers and Huntsmen can of course improve and develop without a Cursed Technique/Semblance and utilize weaponry to further enhance themselves, at the end of the day, a huge part of their capabilities and potential is dependent on their Cursed Technique/Semblance and how they utilize it, and we see that Sorcerers and Huntsmen without a Cursed Technique/Semblance has to compensate heavily compared to Sorcerers and Huntsmen with a Cursed Technique/Semblance. As an example, while Megumin and Weiss are great fighters in their own right, they would be nowhere near as capable as they are now if they didn't have Ten Shadows/Glyphs.

Of course a Sorcerers path to power is very different to a Huntsman's path to power, but the similarities are kinda there.

Just a small and neat comparison I thought of.

hey if anything maybe we can get the show back with actual good writing and storytelling
Well you better pray that's the case Tony, because the hope from the team is for them to continue RWBY with everyone from CRWBY still involved in its production so it's very possible that V10 could happen and all the same problems you have with RWBY will still exist.

I find it amusing that RWBY might live on while Death Battle dies in the mud, despite pretty much everyone wanting it to be the opposite of what's currently reality

What calc do 8-A characters scale to, all I can find was this, and even then it's from the game and not the original show

Just re look through this

FZlVZZyX0AIczD2.jpg:large

Yes really. The previous calc got 7-C, 6-C is thousands of times higher 😭
this one takes into account multiple ends, Atmospheric Height Measurement, Screen Measurement, Free Fall and Terminal Velocity, Free Fall With Air Resistance and Drag (stuff the OG never did)

you'll see when i post it in a blog

Well, if the calc is higher than the Mantle Nuke calc, than that would be an outlier unless there are more scalable calcs that are higher than the Nuke calc, or if no one scales to Maidens in any way besides other Maidens (and Magic users like like the Oz's and Salem).

Well, if the calc is higher than the Mantle Nuke calc, than that would be an outlier unless there are more scalable calcs that are higher than the Nuke calc, or if no one scales to Maidens in any way besides other Maidens (and Magic users like like the Oz's and Salem).
Eh I'm pretty sure we could just scale the bomb to killing Vine instead of the possible value of what would've happened had it not been contained via just never seeing the bomb actually blowing up without being contained

This here states that the power of maidens are much higher than semblences. Comes from the art book. It doesn’t have a EN translation so I had to get help for it.

So with it long been accepted that the Gods created the Ever After acres, have we decided if we’re giving them abilities related to stuff inside it? For example, the Stopwatch Fruit that grows in the Jungle Acre, they’d be Time Manipulation as it sent Jaune back in time.

Furthermore, the Punderstorm is clear Reality Warping. Though they already have it on their profiles it could be additional proof of it.
Just remembered another thing I believe should be added which is Law Manipulation, as the Gods were the ones who created the Afterans and instilled them their purposes.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Alright posted my counter arguments, I know rusty ain't going to look at my counter arguments but can someone else?

"Not sure what you mean by 'we have no idea how losing one of four would effect the building', that is exactly what happens in the episode and we see exactly how it affects the building, it starts falling out of the sky."

Your calc claims it's in free fall, but Pietro clearly says it's drifting, maybe if all the stabilizers were gone you'd have more of an argument, but if it's drifting then Penny can't be pushing all of its weight.

This does nothing to address the other stuff, regardless, a calc mod told you that your calc was wrong and shouldn't be used, just take it on the chin.

"Not sure what you mean by 'we have no idea how losing one of four would effect the building', that is exactly what happens in the episode and we see exactly how it affects the building, it starts falling out of the sky."

Your calc claims it's in free fall, but Pietro clearly says it's drifting, maybe if all the stabilizers were gone you'd have more of an argument, but if it's drifting then Penny can't be pushing all of its weight.

This does nothing to address the other stuff, regardless, a calc mod told you that your calc was wrong and shouldn't be used, just take it on the chin.
Why can't I rebuke what he said?

Back