• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
The fight takes place in Fuyuki City.

Saber: 4 (ScarletFirefly, WilliamShadow, Monarch Laciel, DaFritzi)

Lord Boros: 6 (Lina Shields, Burstchaos, Quangotjokes, LordAizenSam, The Living Tribunal1, Bleuburd)

Unlimited Blade Works Saber and Power Sealed Boros. Speed is equalized. Both are bloodlusted. Who wins?

Arguments for Boros:

• Higher stats
  • Better regen than Avalon's passive.
Arguments for Saber:

• Despite being in a disadvantage in stats, with speed equalized, her Instinct skill gives her a very good chance of evading Boros' atacks. Also as long as she not hit in the head she will regen the damage.
  • Range advantage, both in close quarters and long range. Self explanatory.
  • Invisible Air. Boros will find it difficult to judge distance since her sword is invisble and makes no sound.
  • If push comes to shove, Avalon's active will protect her for some time until she regains composure and prepares to mount an attack.
  • Atomization with Excalibur. Once she realizes Boros can regen the damage back, she'll use Excalibur blasts to sever off limbs and Boros won't be able regen them back, or just go full AoE Excalibur and atomize him completely. This scenario is very likely to happen since both are bloodlusted and according to Standard Battle Assumptions, they start in max range.
As long as Saber protects her head she'll win this 6.5/10. That chance is higher if she decides to end it immediately with Excalibur (likely to happen because of bloodlust). Apparently Boros is overconfident so that doesn't help either.

Lord Boros AP is rated "At least High 7-A, likely higher". This means that physically, Boros is a far stronger combatant compared to that of Saber.

This fight may play out similar to Saber vs Berserker, except that the opponent here seems to be stronger, and with better Regenerationn (can regen from being blown to pieces?)

I don't think Saber can handle this battle. Even with Avalon's regen Saber will just get hammered down due to difference in AP.

Lina Shields said:
Lord Boros AP is rated "At least High 7-A, likely higher". This means that physically, Boros is a far stronger combatant compared to that of Saber.
Not entirely true. Saber was fighting on even ground with Heracles. Dude had a slight advantage because his swordsmanship is extremely good, even with a slab of rock. Also Saber was trying to protect Shirou and Tohsaka by luring Heracles away.

Lina Shields said:
This fight may play out similar to Saber vs Berserker, except that the opponent here seems to be stronger, and with better Regenerationn (can regen from being blown to pieces?)
It would likely play out similar except Saber now has the range advantage and Avalon. She didn't have those when she battles Heracles. She was able to cut him up a lot of times. Also I believe you remember what happened to him, his head got split up in two and died, even though God Hand resurrected him again.

Just a couple of attacks from Boros would put Saber down whilst Saber would only be able to do decent damage with Excalibur, which Boros is also likely to regenerate from judging by when he was blown to a puddle by Saitama. Saber's other attacks are unlikely to phase Boros as he never took any damage from Saitamas first punch and was only impressed that Saitama broke his armour.

Burstchaos said:
Just a couple of attacks from Boros would put Saber down whilst Saber would only be able to do decent damage with Excalibur, which Boros is also likely to regenerate from judging by when he was blown to a puddle by Saitama.
He will NOT regenerate from Excalibur. The attack breaks down atoms.

Exactly why I'm voting for Saber. Bloodlust means she'll whip it out immediately. Couple that with starting distance and her precog and Boros will either get part of his body atomized leaving him unable to continue, or flat out get reduced to nothing.

The attack was able to reduce to nothing Caster who had High level regen and was humongous compared to Boros.

If Saber whips out her Excalibur

• Boros will realize it immediately due to the fact that Excalibur needs significant time to charge.
  • Excalibur does not break the target it makes contact with into atoms (according to Saber's profile, or if it does, it uses its sheer amount of energy released by said blast to do so.
I still think that the difference between

• At least Small Island level, likely higher
and

• Mountain level
could be too much for Saber here.

I feel people are misunderstanding atomisation as a means of halting regen. Yes Boros's arm will be gone if it is atomised by Excaliblast, but he can still regenerate from the stump. Just pointing out that Saber has to hit everypart of him with the excaliblast in order to kill him,

@Lina

Saber is Large Mountain/Small Island at her peak. And from what I've heard on the wiki, Excalibur needing time to charge up is for dramatic effect.

@Monarch

Look at what Scarlet said concerning Caster's size.

Oh fair enough. I vote for Saber then. When she's bloodlusted, she's just going to be spamming excaliblasts to atomise him in seconds. He won't even reach her

Lina Shields said:
  • Boros will realize it immediately due to the fact that Excalibur needs significant time to charge.
First, Boros has no knowledge whatsoever on what Excalibur does, he has no reason to stop his charge especially since he's bloodlusted. His effective range is h2h only and starting distance is 4 kilometers, you do the math.

Also Excalibur doesn't take time to charge, like at all. I REALLY should put a Note on her profile. If you're referring to Fate/Zero Episode 15 with all of Irisviel's monologue that doesn't exist in the novel. Saber just raises the shining sword and brings it down. Iskandar reached the bridge where Gilgamesh was standing and watching just as Excalibur's light was unleashed. The Bridge was no more than 100-200m away if not less.

Also Saber activated it "instantaneously" in her fight against Iskandar

Fate/Zero, Vol.4, Act 14, Page 95
The King of Conquerors' direct attack sent a shiver down Saber's spine. The rushing of the divine bulls had covered the hundred- meter distance instantaneously. In the blink of an eye, the might of Gordius Wheel manifested before her eyes. If the hilt of her precious sword had still been in her hand, she would have been certain of victory; facing the golden radiance raised by Rider, there was only one true name she could shout. "Ex—" As the rushing incarnation of thunder was about to trample Saber's small frame ... "—Calibur!" Golden lightning, with the radiance of countless comets, lit up the night like day.
And yes Excalibur attacks every single atom of the surface area it touches.

Fate/Zero, Vol.3, Act 10, Pages 98/99
"Excalibur!"

The light roared. Prana, accelerated by the released dragon factor, became a streak of light, a swirling and surging torrent that devoured the sea demon together with the dark night. A silent scream rose from the evaporating river water as every single atom of the giant sea demon—once the embodiment of terror—was exposed to the scorching impact.

If Saber can eradicate a humongous monster hundreds of times bigger, Boros is not a problem. Especially since he has no knowledge on her sword, what it can do, he's bloodlusted and doesn't care about damage (also he would be confident in his regen) and starts from a 4 km distance.

Quangotjokes said:
Oh lol i didnt see that. Boros is more durable than her strongest attack though. So, there's that.
Sealed Boros is at least high 7-A. And Saber is high 7-A you might wanna try again, if I understood well you simply agree with Lina shields arguments.

Note that if Saber's Excalibur was able to attack the atoms of everything it touches, it would mean that her AP with Excalibur would be much, much higher than it is currently is at the moment.

Now, regarding this quote

A silent scream rose from the evaporating river water as every single atom of the giant sea demon—once the embodiment of terror—was exposed to the scorching impact.
I am actually unsure whether to treat this as flowery language, or treat it as an actual fact. If we treat this as an actual fact where the atoms are actually destroyed, that would count as an atomic annihilation feat.

This would also bring a huge smile to my face, and I will happily concede defeat if what I stated is true.

KamiYasha and Matt would need to see this however.

I don't know about her AP since I'm not knowledgeable on calcs and stuff but Caster's monster was described as "infinitely regenerating" and recovering way too fast, which is why he had to be annihiliated in a single strike.

Perhaps you can ask Reppu also on this, he also is knowledgeable on it.

Also Excalibur is described as '''"dislocating the space the light goes through"''' or more clearly '''"the light itself is a product of the dislocation"'''

Also here's the part where Saber destroys the Gordius Wheel, Rider's Chariot

It appeared that Rider was not hurt, either. But the chariot in which he rode, as well as the two divine bulls, had all vanished without a trace. The Noble Phantasm 'Gordius Wheel' had borne the might of the 'Sword of Promised Victory' and so had, like Caster's sea monster, vanished and left no trace, not even a speck of dust.

@Lina shields now it does sound like flowery language,but I don't really see a reason not consider it as real thing. Plus if I remember correctly there is also a part were Shirou used incomplete Excalibur to destroy the grail and quote was something like "every atom in the creature was exposed to heat" so I think with two confirmations it's enough.

ScarletFirefly said:
Quangotjokes said:
If speed is equal then all he has to do is land one blow.
Have you read on the battled starting distance and my arguments concerning it?
Yes, but the thing is. Boros will be going all out from the start. He'd simply rush at her with a flurry of attacks.

Quangotjokes said:
Yes, but the thing is. Boros will be going all out from the start. He'd simply rush at her with a flurry of attacks.
Saber will do the same, they are both bloodlusted. And Boros has to close a 4km distance to go in range. By then he's turned into vapor.

ScarletFirefly said:
Quangotjokes said:
Saber will do the same, they are both bloodlusted. And Boros has to close a 4km distance to go in range. By then he's turned into vapor.
Boros is MHS there's no way she'd be able to charge excalliber in such a short time frame.

Quangotjokes said:
Boros is MHS there's no way she'd be able to charge excalliber in such a short time frame.
sigh I really should add that note to her profile.

Read my reply above, she can activate it instantaneously. And she has precog and Avalon to shield her.

ScarletFirefly said:
Quangotjokes said:
sigh I really should add that note to her profile.
Read my reply above, she can activate it instantaneously. And she has precog and Avalon to shield her.
Is reaction speed also equalized? because if not Boros eats.

Quangotjokes said:
Is reaction speed also equalized? because if not Boros eats.
Every speed is equalized. And please don't quote large amounts of text, it's hard to read and clutters the thread.

So this is sealed Boros right? K

Lets see if Saber uses her shit to harm Boros then thanks to Saber's (whatever technique she use) that she just destroyed Boros armor and making Boros to go FP and rekts her.

Back