• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saiki Stamina Downgrade

Vzearr

He/Him
Recently Saiki's stamina was upgraded to "likely infinite" for a hyperbole. Quote "It would become an endless chase. We would never finish this, and this fight would go on forever"

Hyperbole is defined as an exaggerated statement that isn't meant to be taken literally, the reason why I believe this is a hyperbole is because saying something would go on forever is a really common statement, for example. Lets say your waiting in a long line, alot of people would say things like "this line is endless" or "its going to take forever to get to the end", there are so many more examples like "its going to take forever to finish this movie" "this fight has been going on forever" "this guy is taking forever to order", "forever" is a common statement and 99 percent of the time is taken as a hyperbole.

The term "Likely" is only to be used when "The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be favourable", there is no reason for us to assume Saiki actually thought the battle would go on for millions of years and never stop, even if there is the reasoning isn't favourable in my opinion. Its like giving a character a "Likely light speed" rating for saying their punches move at the speed of light.

EXTRA downgrades:

. Aren has superhuman stamina for saying he beat 12 delinquents at once, this is at most a peak human stamina feat (although peak humans have done much much more impressive stamina feats)
. Teruhashi has peak human stamina for staying awake for several nights. Is this even stamina ? I'm also sure its entirely achievable by an athletic human, peak human is a stretch. She also has "genius" intelligence for being able remember all the people in her schools names and tell when they got haircuts ect, this is all pretty standard and imo calls for "Above average" or "gifted"

Last edited:
Saiki is nearly always correct on his statements and his profile accepts most of his statements about his limits a fact. Like for example he always knows his limits of his powers and all he is also a supergenius

Which is why its possible that he was making a hyperbole. Thought it is also possible he was being serious, since he is always known for being correct its a "likely"

Saiki is nearly always correct on his statements and his profile accepts most of his statements about his limits a fact. Like for example he always knows his limits of his powers and all he is also a supergenius
This isn't really evidence on why he wouldn't just be overexaggerating the length of his fight with said person. If I was fighting somebody who is around my strength, I would also say something like "bruh this fight is going to take forever", he likely just knew the fight would last a long time so he said it would take forever, like what else was he going to say ? 'this fight is going to last 673 hours, 6 minutes and 52.37382 seconds'
Which is why its possible that he was making a hyperbole. Thought it is also possible he was being serious, since he is always known for being correct its a "likely"
Is the possibility above favourable odds ? I don't think so.... Obviously there is a possibility, but if it isn't a favourable possibility then it can't be classed as "Likely". For example, some characters will say things like "He/She is 1000x stronger then me", the possibility is there its just low. Obviously Saiki is a super genius but I don't think his statement was said in the literal sense of 'yeah this fight would last trillions of years and still be continuing'

Also, again, "forever" is almost always something associated with hyperboles.

I just noticed Saiki was only approved for a "possibly" rating not a "likely" rating.....

She also has the "genius" rating for her social intelligence which is kind of funny to me idk why.
Funny how she can compete with L and light in that category.
But on a serious note, her intelligence should be gifted, but idk what other thinks.

"We'd just be stuck repeatedly teleporting"

"It would be a endless chase"

"We would never finish this"

"This fight would go on forever"

I feel its kinda clear that it IS gonna be endless.

Back