• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
i imagine hypnos was doing it via hax not pure DC. saints damaged hades via DC

so whether you agree on god saints or not seiya should be low 2-C at his peak

hypnos dodged shuns chain not block it if you look closely. and that was a very casuall ryu sei ken from seiya tbf

It's weird, Seiya and Ikki are consistent but the other three fluctuate. I am fine with 3-A God Saints, 3-A Seiya, Low 2-C at peak.

do we even have a clear clue on the limits of twin gods?

they should be above gold saints in general, that includes, nirvana-shaka and Shijami.

it`s weird to use hypnos to not upgrade other god saints because hypnos survived a very casuall blast from seiya and dodged shuns chain once. neither were using thier full power against twin gods, shun certainly not because he usually don`t like to fight and avoid killing.

a casuall chain attack from shun breakes parts of hypnos surplic

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ny317W3Dgpc/VnT0S3DL2JI/AAAAAAAo7zo/jjJL_3kiNUk/w1900/6.jpg

he then uses his hax to beat shun (not pure DC)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vCDKb0CKvHE/VnT0TgafrtI/AAAAAAAo70Q/61wEkctZWz4/w1900/7.jpg

hypnos then tries using it on hyoga and shiryu

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BHKR9CT6Q-4/VnT0ZaWIvXI/AAAAAAAo71c/X5hiYEPhyn8/w1900/10.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BFdeF74Rpg8/VnT0aKOAZVI/AAAAAAAo71o/pdvSVPoq1Bc/w1900/11.jpg

however, it doesn`t work because "the same technqiue doesn`t work twice on a saint"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-btBfM9dT_pU/VnT0a45RJ-I/AAAAAAAo710/d333ejb9KhM/w1900/12.jpg

and they easily destroy hypnos along with his "eternal drowsiness" and it`s darkness

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OMth1nB6grQ/VnT0bl-WqjI/AAAAAAAo72A/V_rJsbqTjqE/w1900/13.jpg

it`s worth noting that neither of them were using thier full power against hypnos

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_NbmGqw5KlY/VnTpKOxgmUI/AAAAAAAo2Yk/bkdAYqEBIcA/w1900/12.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pAQcVlxo-5Y/VnTpKwgdXZI/AAAAAAAo2Y4/QOnEZjgVqDc/w1900/13.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--frZILbVmCU/VnTpLiSUd6I/AAAAAAAo2ZE/lcboYOf4P-c/w1900/14.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nxlyP9tb9Uw/VnTpMcqSfsI/AAAAAAAo2ZQ/nwOuNDnwytU/w1900/15.jpg

so like while hades easily bruhsed off thier combined attacks, they made hades bleed while combining thier attacks using full power against him which they did not against hypnos.

Not sure why you're calling the God Saints' attacks against Hypnos casual to make them seem more impressive, when they really weren't. Unless you're suggesting that they like to mess around while the goddess they serve is slowly bleeding out.

it`s casual because:

seiya uses ryu sei ken

shun uses Thunder wave

neither of these moves are thier strongest attacks per-say.

mind you hypnos had to dodge shuns thunder wave despite it being not his strongest move, still broke parts of his surplics. and unless you wanna argue seiya<shun then yes, they were casuall and were not using thier full power against hypnos like they did against hades.

Seiya barely even uses his strongest move: Pegasus Rolling Crash. PRSK is not a casual attack at all. And that other argument is complete nonsense. He didn't dodge the chain, it just grazed him when Shun tried to distract Hypnos from Ikki.

ryu sei ken been countered by lots of people, it`s power various. and hypnos did indeed dodged the thunder wave, which still broke parts of his surplic. and wht are you talking about with "shun tried to distract hypnos from ikki"? that has nothing to do with what `im saying here.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Don't really feel like reading the manga already 48 episodes in the anime. I am doing fine with the sub par subs, i understand what they are saying, perks of watching anime for over a decade, especially since it's shounen they always have similar lines.
You should know that the anime is VERY different from the manga, almost no fight in the anime happens the same as the manga, characters are changed and also their personalities, battle outcomes are changed and not to mention filler arcs where a couple wolves beat Shiryu, WOLVES.

Oh and anime Athena just sucks, manga Athena is pretty cool.

The Hades Arc HAS to be watched in anime, specially the Sanctuary Part. The animation on those 12 episodes is stunning.

But yeah, the filler is cringey. Avalanche killing GS Tier.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Hades Arc HAS to be watched in anime, specially the Sanctuary Part. The animation on those 12 episodes is stunning.
But yeah, the filler is cringey. Avalanche killing GS Tier.
They wanked certain characters like Shaka too much in the OVAs though.

If we are interpreting lightly damaging Hades as Low 2-C, we would be putting it on the same level as Overture Seiya's feats. Overture Seiya is Low 2-C for reaching the 9th sense and cutting Apollo's cheek, not scaling from God Cloth Seiya.

that`s not the only thing from overture.

seiya in base took an universe exploding in his face and survived, and was still resisting the same reality warping from apollo used to destroy the universe. the scalling should go as: overture 9th sesnse seiya >> peak form god cloth seiya which is 2-C

I think that Matthew seems to make sense.

i never said god cloth is 2-C

and i`m not scalling overture seiya from classic. we don`t need to. we have solid feats in the movie itself

Anyway, since Ant, Ever, Prom, Cross, Sage, as well as me and Tivanenk approve of this uprade, I'll edit the profiles.

seiya in base endured a universe busting attack from apollo, and was still resisting a reality warping from apollo. 9th sense seiya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> base seiya who survived the blast from apollo. idk why you keep ignoring these feats and try to lowball saints blew gods as much as possible when it`s possible in movie seiya surrpassed even athena herself, but i won`t get into it. since we have low 2-C feat for base seiya and 9th sense seiya surrpasses his base self by alot. mind you apollo was going to erase athena with a though, yet seiya was clearly resisting apollo. artimis who died in the explosion is low 2-C herself yet seiya survived. looks 2-C to me.

Seiya is nowhere near 2-C. He was able to only graze Apollo's cheek and he was still below Athena in that form.

Now Assassin Seiya, on the other hand, does have the potential to reach 2-C if he pulls yet another upgrade and demolishes Chaos Athena.

@Matt yeah even if what he is saying is completely wrong, it's best to at least address what he is saying and why it's wrong rather immediately dismiss him for no reason like that.

Ryukama said:
@Matt yeah even if what he is saying is completely wrong, it's best to at least address what he is saying and why it's wrong rather immediately dismiss him for no reason like that.
He already did so earlier in this thread.

Base Clothless Seiya surviving Apollo's Universal Blast is PIS. Also, Artemis was terrified of Seiya's raged attack earlier. He was already reaching the 9th Sense at that point.

Base Seiya isn't Low 2-C, that is the strongest canon Seiya.

Doing a paper cut to a high-end 2-C isn't 2-C.

so basically what i`m getting is "lolitspis"

everything saints does against gods are either done "lightly" or "PIS" or "weird"

the fact that seiya with a broken cloth survived the universal destruction from apollo and was still resisting reality warping from him afterwords, and the same apollo whom was going to erase athena from existence with a though couldn`t simple erase seiya. the seiya who scratched apollo >>>>base seiya who survived the destruction. it`s also funny how Matt is trying to discard peak god cloth seiya from the scalling because it doesn`t suit his argument. when the movie directly takes after the events of hades-arc

I'm discarding because it makes no sense. That'd be the same as implying that just because Goku learned Super Saiyan Blue, his base in next arc is just as strong.

@Tivanenk

Though, I think Tenma would fit Low 2-C more. After Hades took full posession of Alone's body, the Surplice was 100% fine, so it's likely that it wasn't at full power.

how does it makes no sense? feats suggest 9th sense seiya from the movie > peak god cloth seiya? hows this so hard for you to understand? and yes, if it`s said or proven as such then yes goku`s base form would be just as stronge. just like his base is superior to his red form now.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm discarding because it makes no sense. That'd be the same as implying that just because Goku learned Super Saiyan Blue, his base in next arc is just as strong.
@Tivanenk

Though, I think Tenma would fit Low 2-C more. After Hades took full posession of Alone's body, the Surplice was 100% fine, so it's likely that it wasn't at full power.
Yeah, I don't think Tenma splitting the Surplice of Alone (not Hades) with the help of Sasha's bracelet, and everyone's Cosmo qualifies higher than for Low 2-C. I even think that Seiya's feat is more impressive than that.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Okay, but he seemed more or less equal to Sasha and both sealed and incapacitated Hades' Soul together.
I don't buy 2-C Tenma at all, especially when Seiya is supposed to be the strongest incarnation of the Pegasus Saint. He sealed Hades soul with the help of both Sasha and Alone. Yeah, don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back