• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Upgrades #13 - Complex Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna say this is to vauge a statement. It doesn't specify 5D tbh. And the fact he thought Muu could get him out of it just shows more it isn't likely proof of 5D, imo it's probably a incorrect name for a universe like the hyperdimension, but even if not it's not specified as 5D.

As for him being High-2A from other things, I wouldn't be against it if transcending space time of a multiverse qualifies for that, since that's his most impressive statement, but if not then no, tbh it isn't even proven the multiverse is infinite in SS, just really big at least.

@Hop

But in that context, Macrocosmos means Multiverse, and when talking of past and future, it is saying that they don't exist there, that they are one.

There are plenty of characters upgraded to High 2-A for transcending time, 4D characters and the totality of a multiverse. Often with less statements.

The Multiverse has been stated to contain countless parallel worlds. Existing beyond the totality of Space-Time in all it's timelines, space-time continuums and parallel dimensions is one hell of a feat, and so is transcending the comprehension of 2-Bs. Chronos has all the same requirements as 5D as some High-Tier Digimon characters and Canopus from SMT.

Hop is not arguing what they mean. Hop doesn't favor or dislike this verse. Hop doesn't even know any character in it. But you must focus on proper translation.

Hop is using the more proper translation of the words. Maybe "in context" they could have meant a different word, but macrocosm means universe. As in singular. And in Spanish it is the same thing. If they meant multiverse, they likely would have said "multiverso".

Unless the characters in the story do not understand what they see, or what they exist in.

Saint Seiya uses the world "Cosmos" to mean Universe.

In this context, the Macrocosmos refers to every single universe, the entirety of the multiverse, as what they were seeing is an aspect of Chronos, who is all of space and time.

They weren't observing the universe from a 4th Dimensional Point of View, they went to the Lake of Time, which is merely the gateway to Chronos, he resides beyond it.

Each nebula in that "lake" is a timeline, in fact. They dive into one to find themselves into the past of their timeline. Chronos warns them that if they dive into any other, they'd be scattered across space and time.

Also, translating it as "Macrocosm" is also incorrect. Cosmos is a concept in Saint Seiya, being the Universe / Power of the Universe.

Similar things are shown in Episode G Assassin.

Macrocosmos may traditionally mean universe, but I have seen many anime and manga using it to mean something more. Saint Seiya has the Microcosmos (Inner Universe), the Universe / Cosmos and the Macrocosmos.

In Demonbane, to give an example, the Multiverse is called the "Infinitely Expanding Macrocosmos"

Similarly, Episode G Assassin defines it as "One universe with countless parallel worlds / timelines", much like SMT whose Multiverse is called the "Amala Universe".

In context, when you understand the series, it is clear that they mean Multiverse. Even Cronus who is a being bound by a single timeline can affect multiple timelines and was quickly destroying all of space-time in the multiverse (Destroying ALL of time). Chronos is the Primordial "Creator" God, who embodies the entirety of the Saint Seiya Verse being all of Space and Time and beyond.

Macrocosmos is clearly a multiverse in this scenario. In fact, I'm not even sure why you're translating it into macrocosm considering that it's a Saint Seiya concept.

world/universe can mean entire multiverse/existence based on the context

but when has it ever stated to be endless or even countless in any of SS manga again?

The translation for that spanish scan would be

"Is that a nebula?"

"It isn't just one. It's possible to see all the nebulae of the macrocosmos. In this place, the Past and the Future blend. It's the world that transcends Time."

"T... Then there's no doubt that this is... THE GATE OF SPACE-TIME OVER THE EARTH!"

I don't know enough about SS to say anything on this thread, but I guarantee this translation is accurate.

Take note that an infinite multiverse of parallel worlds is usually a 5-D construct, just an extremely small 5-D construct, so if Chronos transcends it, I personally have no problem with a High 2-A rating.

Antvasima said:
Take note that an infinite multiverse of parallel worlds is usually a 5-D construct, just an extremely small 5-D construct...
Point. I thought it was countless used as a descriptive term though, not infinite, which is usually considered 2B?

Countless is usually considered as 2-B, yes.

Well if were giving High 2A for guys who exceed the space time of a multiverse then it would lead to a lot more High 2A upgrades as well. Not saying I agree or disagree with it, just saying it would up a lot of others.

I suppose technically one could argue anybody who transcends 4-D space time likely has at least some 5-D power, but tbh it's a tough call where to draw the line on that, I mean we have guys who exceed Universal 4-D space time continuums completely, multiverses, multiverse+ etc, so yeah.

As for the size of SS verse it was "countless" so at least 2-B iirc as opposed to for sure 2-A in size.

You probably have a point.

Meh, it's too early to tell anyways. New volume is being released next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back