• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasty12345

Username Only
Hello everyone,

This is the first of what will be many verse-wide revisions following the (not so) newly accepted canon blog (from this CRT):

This CRT will be doing a slight tidy-up of some of the pages and fixing some links on the verse page.

1) The canon blog needs to be turned from a user blog to a wiki page and added to the verse page:

This shouldn't be an issue given the blog is already accepted and has been in use since the above-mentioned CRT.

2) Fixing the verse page:

The current verse page links to outdated blogs with horrible miscalculations, and outdated canon blogs and has links to offsite wikis, the proposed removals are as follows:

1. The speed blog as linked in this sentence on the verse page: "The franchise also holds immense speeds, containing some of the fastest MFTL+ characters out there. For a collection of such speed feats, read this blog.". This blog has many issues, outlined in the OP of this thread here.
  2. This link here can be removed as it's to a dead link: "For long all of these anime and manga were viewed as non-canonical spin offs, but all changed when in 2014, when the direct sequel to Episode G, Saint Seiya Episode G: Assassin started, and in it the existence of a Multiverse in the franchise was confirmed. This, alongside references to various "non-canonical" anime in the series, forced fans to look at the Saint Seiya Franchise from a new perspective.". I don't know what's supposed to go there, presumably this scan here.
  3. In the Saint Seiya category (found here), the following pages can be removed (if possible). Please note, that these pages shouldn't be deleted, they will be collated into new blogs that will be in accordance with the newly accepted canon and Matt will be given credit for his contributions, however, these calcs and arguments are very much outdated, and the blogs link to outside forums which is no longer site standard. All verse calcs will be revised and collated into a proper verse blog after the proper procedure is followed:
    1. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...iya_is_capable_of_generating_24_-_28_Gigatons
    2. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...der/Saint_Seiya_-_Destroying_Atoms_Since_1986
    3. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Matthew_Schroeder/Saint_Seiya:_Canon_&_Non_Canon

So since the speed blog will be removed from the verse due to linking to other forums, outdated and overall invalid calcs, the only speed ratings are the sub-light speed and infinite speed keys on the profiles. So I propose simply changing all FTL/MFTL+ ratings to light speed due to Gold Saints being stated to move at light speed, any character that has MFTL+ will likely have it due to scaling to a Gold Saint, which will be reflected in the new justification. Those who scale to the Chapter 1 Seiya calc will need a replacement rating, I propose unknown for the time being, this will affect every pre-7th sense key and character in the verse, 7th sense tier characters have scaling completely independent of this calc so they won't change as a result of removing this blog. A new blog calculating the Chapter 1 feat is being worked on and will replace the unknown rating when it's complete.

In short: pre-7th sense keys will go to unknown AP, FTL/MFTL+ speed ratings will go to light speed due to the removal of outdated/invalid blogs.

3) Now that the verse page is tidied up and the consequences of such are dealt with for the time being, a couple of pages need to be reformatted according to the new canon before any major revisions start:
  1. Seiya needs to have his Overture/9th sense key removed any mention of having the 9th sense due to Overture as well. This information comes from fanon and an anime only canon movie.
  2. Shura is one of the most complex characters in the verse at this stage. This profile whilst it is kind of accurate, it is more misleading if anything. At this stage, I'm proposing removing the Episode G keys and images, namely the "| Athena's Ichor | Baphomet | Divine Sword Excalibur" keys. Episode G Shura will be handled at a later time and will likely have his own page(s).
  3. Eris's page amalgamates Manga and movie versions of the characters, once the manga canon has been dealt with, I'm sure the anime-movie canon will soon follow. However, for now, I'm proposing here OVA images be taken off the profile and whilst the remaining profile picture is still from the anime, the rest of the profile is manga appropriate.
  4. Rhadamanthys This profile is also a merge between 2 different versions of the character, namely LC and Classic. This is an issue with a lot of the pages and a CRT following this one will go into more depth in removing these merges, however right now I'm focusing on the big ones. I'm proposing removing "Hades Ichor" key along with the 8th and 9th sense from his P&A section, as well as the LC reference in the age along with it.
  5. Kanon same problem as Shura, his Pope key needs to be removed in accordance to the canon blog. GA era profiles will have their own profiles.
And that's it for this CRT, if I've forgotten anything or have suggested something that cannot be done just let me know and I'll alter the CRT to reflect what is possible. I know some people are going to be bringing up lots of cross-scaling issues with the profiles, I know, we know, we all know and CRT's are coming. Please don't inundate this CRT with other problems with the profiles, it will be considered derailing. This CRT is primarily administrative in purpose, fixing the verse page, unmerging profiles and removing fanon and invalid blogs. This will be a long process.

Thank you for any and all input, be respectful in the comments and if you have any questions not pertaining to this CRT (e.g., about future CRTs) please ask them on my wall and not the thread.

Agree:
LordGriffin1000, Ant, Elizhaa

Edit: I have a blog that updates the Chapter 1 Seiya feat of creating a crater that is awaiting approval and can be used to replace the unknown proposal once it's approved.

Edit 2: I have decided to replace the pre-7th sense tiers when a replacement calc is approved to avoid unnecessary edits.

Last edited:
I will fix this verse personally if I have to
Slight addition you should mention a link to Unshakable where she explains what's wrong with the feat and calculations that led to Multi-Continental "feat" of that Silver Saint that high tier Silvers scale to.

Slight addition you should mention a link to Unshakable where she explains what's wrong with the feat and calculations that led to Multi-Continental "feat" of that Silver Saint that high tier Silvers scale to.
I have linked her debunks of the calcs in the relevant section.

A simple question:
Is there anyone who's in 7th sense moving absurdly faster than the rest for us to give them MFTL+?
Doesn't it sound more reasonable to just FTL for most and FTL+ for guys who are outspeeding via our only feat calling out for "moving in the speed of light"?

Except for that, I agree

Actually, if you plan on giving them this speed for the time being, yes it is inside the scope.
Why not FTL and FTL+? Who's moving Massively higher?
please do not derail this thread, speed scaling will come once feats are recalculated, however right now all the speed feats on the blog the profiles link to are invalid.

But mate
You gotta give explanations of what you're gonna put on profiles!
You bring a feat of "equal to SoL" and claim to put FTL/MFTL+ to all characters with it for the time, explain it as it was already clarified to us that you must!

But mate
You bring a feat of "equal to SoL" and claim to put FTL/MFTL+ to all characters with it for the time, explain it as it was already clarified to us that you must!
This is not the place for that, you might as well discuss this in the general thread, this is reworking the profile so everyone can come in and understand what it's all about

"Gold Saints move at the speed of light"

I'll be blunt mate, Golds should have never been faster than light to begin with and only got that rating due to a certain someone having a lot of sway over the verse.

If you can find me a single feat that contradicts the 2 statements I put in the OP we can have this discussion, but 2 direct non-interpretative "Gold Saints are light speed" already contradict MFTL+.
But mate

"Gold Saints move at the speed of light"

I'll be blunt mate, Golds should have never been faster than light to begin with and only got that rating due to a certain someone having a lot of sway over the verse.

If you can find me a single feat that contradicts the 2 statements I put in the OP we can have this discussion, but 2 direct non-interpretative "Gold Saints are light speed" already contradict MFTL+.
Then put them at SoL, for the moment!

I concur with the changes yea

Btw, the blog doesn't really make it clear, is the Episode G trilogy still part of the main timeline?

I concur with the changes yea

Btw, the blog doesn't really make it clear, is the Episode G trilogy still part of the main timeline?
I think GA and GR are, however, I intend in the next 2 CRTs to remove every non-classic/ND scan from the non-deity profiles and the nuances of the timeline can be ironed out later

Dope

Last I checked unfortunately most of the Gold Saint profiles use a shit ton of scans from the first Episode G so 🥶
I'm derailing my own thread but these questions are bound to come anyway

I'm working on a cosmo blog that will make editing the profiles far more efficient and will remove those scans from the P&A section

Then I will make a CRT that will either have a scaling blog for Gold Saints or I'll just do it in the CRT that will remove all the G references from the AP section, which will then allow me to remove the G techniques from the profiles as well (which is mainly just Aiolia, but I can't take Photon Busrt off his profile until it's out of his AP justification).

Do you want me to fix the blog or do you rather want it in a new blog?
I'm certainly open to any and all grammatical and format improvements, or even just suggestions and I'll apply them to the blog, all help and contributions are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back