• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya's attack potency

I've just taken interest in SS for like a year recently, mainly because of the concept of Cosmo, 7th and 8th sense, then Omega Cosmo, characters come after those. There is one thing ive always have doubt, that is how the gold saints' attacks scale up to solar system and galaxy level? I have watched Soul of Gold and Omega, there are also full translated manga in our country, and i have not yet came across documents with author's staments showing that their attack can get to that level. I also took a look around but havent found solid proofs yet. Can you guys be so kind as to show me them? Thanks a lot in advance.

I have no doubt against their speed, cuz it is stated clearly in the manga. Just a pity that they cant fly ;))

Ah, thanks for the reply. My bad, i forgot that those 2 had access to the very powerful mantras ( also stated on seiyapedia). About Saga, the vswiki also provides scanned pages stating that the attack " shatters the galaxy", but i feel that they are kinda vague.

Also, since the anime and the first manga always depict GS' attacks with a small range and AOE, its hard to figure that they have a solar system AOE. I assume that they focused their attack to small area to avoid destroying the environment aroound them, and to not waste energy on breaking unnecessary stuff just to " make it look cool", but thats just my assumption ;)

Well imo i also think that the saint seiya profiles are in need of some explanations besides the popular characters there are no justifications for their stats.

I myself have no idea why the saints are rated as star level, apparently it has something to do with the libra cloth weapons which can destroy planets and stars, but the libra cloth weapons are the weapons of the saints they are stronger than what the saints can do themselves unless i am mistaken. Galaxian explosion is stated to be able to destroy all the stars in a galaxy.

The athena exclamation which requires 3 saints is a miniature big bang focused on a single point so it's no hyperbole, and i know in other parts of the story you have characters who can destroy universes. The original manga didn't me a sense of the characters being as strong as they are portrayed here but the later manga's which are canon apparently make them op. The later feats give weight to the earlier ones is what it seems which is why they aren't just hyperbole.

Thanks, it seems that i should find the other mangas to read. LC is completed and available, not sure bout ND and the others. And on Saga page there are pictures when he beat up Shura with GE, and Shura said " the galaxy shattered", not sure if he truly see a galaxy destroyed, or the attack shaped like a shattered galaxy, together with a destructive explosion.

LC has like over 200 chapters i think which is why i haven't gotten to it yet, the translations for episode g are trash but assassins should be good.

And i highly doubt any galaxy was shattered, the attacks in saint seiya are focused, so it's more like it has the power to destroy a galaxy but focused on a person just like the athena exclamation.

Titans in episode G were creating and destroying thier own gaurdian universes

hades made universes in his own personal dimension

there are many feats like this, you just have to pay enough attention to notice them

Don't think he was really asking about the gods, their feats are obvious, they all manage their own universes, though that was in episode G as you pointed out, and hades made multiple universes, i think he was asking what justifies the star level ratings and solar system level they have no justifications for that, where is the feat that they all scale from.

well, they have survived libra weapons being reflected back at them tho

so mid-tier gold saints could be Star-SS via that i gusse. and there is also Mu`s feat from G which has him erasing entire dimension filled with star-system.

Excellent, now if we could just have this explained on the profiles that would be nice however i realize it would be a pretty large task, though still why are the judges solar system level, they are above gold saints except for kanon i think and the star level gap is only like 2x however large star level is 1530x, i find it a bit ridiculous for the judges to be that far above gold saints.

i don`t understand it either

but i remember matt saying it`a due to hades barrier reducing gold saints power to 10% and still winning against Judges after awakening 8th sense, despite the former losing (7th sense) to a casual radamanthys. and i think Matt used an anime quote where radamanths says he only used 10% of his power against gold saints or so (per-8th sense)

I also have a quick question. I know they are non-canon but could the Gold Saint's God Cloth's be added to their files?

@Victor2 but wasn't hades barrier only in the castle? Hades had no barrier in the underworld cause he never thought anyone would challenge him in his own realm. I think i get what you meant, you are talking about the bronze saints, yea they were getting beaten up by the judges before, but i am pretty sure something was said about their power not being reduce because of having athena's blood, or am i wrong?. And can we even use the anime? The anime added more stuff to the story, it stuck to the manga but added more scenes, which i liked actually.

Yes. Radamanthys stated hades didn`t put a barrier inside the underworld, i just came back checking it. and your right. hades barrier has no effect on those who have athena`s blood which bronze saints had, so thier powers did not get reduced.

frankly, i find low-tiers to be hard to quantifie due to there being not many feats for them. while mid-tiers have thier own SS/galaxy level feats/statements but they`r hella stronger than low-tiers

Eh, I really don't know, honestly. High 4-C Judges might be more believable. I feel a big Verse revision needs to happen one day.

A big verse revision needs to happen yes but we are gonna need the help of all the staff probably, saint seiya is a big verse and cleaning it up requires a lot of work.

Back