• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama CRT

I would like to propose that his Accelerated development should also add the "battle" type For reasons below:

During his training he also faught alot of Monster's, regardless of how powerful they're... even if he was alone as you can see here he's clearly telling what he had been through before he gain those absolute power, and experience near-death because of it, as you can see here he even claim during his training that; if a hero appears someday, it'll be him. His training, how he broke his limiters is just no different than Garou, in fact his are better he been doing that for over 1 year against a ruthless monster

It's just AC anyway. And training just doesn't seem like enough, he also fight monster during his training ... Powerful monster, it's just like how garou broke his limiters.

Nothing you provided is evidence for the Battle modifier for accelerated development.

Nothing you provided is evidence for the Battle modifier for accelerated development.
I know it's not really enough. But he did state he fight a lot of monster during his training regardless of how powerful they're, even if he was alone, It just means he had to suppressed his own limits at that moment to beat those powerful monster's, in order to fully beat those monster that is lot stronger than him... didn't he need Battle AC for that?
"is that really the limit of your strength? Could the you of tomorrow beat you today? Instead of giving in, move forward"- saitama.
I guess this quote prove my assumption above? Knowing how Garou broke his limiters via battle AC...

Last edited:
I know it's not really enough. But he did state he fight a lot of monster during his training regardless of how powerful they're, even if he was alone, It just means he had to suppressed his own limits at that moment to beat those powerful monster's, in order to fully beat those monster that is lot stronger than him... didn't he need Battle AC for that?
No, he just needs to already be stronger than them. Which he was due to breaking his limiter. There's zero indication he got stronger mid-fight in anything you posted which is what's needed for that designation.

Knowing how Garou broke his limiters via battle AC...
Garou isn't Saitama. He's a martial arts prodigy that has evidence of adapting on the fly or getting stronger mid battle. Something Saitama completely lacks.

No, he just needs to already be stronger than them. Which he was due to breaking his limiter. There's zero indication he got stronger mid-fight in anything you posted which is what's needed for that designation.
He break his limit through Battle AC (or Reactive evolution) . There is. I already send it here. Him stating he fight a powerful monster than him. In order to beat those powerful opponents than him he need to get little stronger than them, at that moment or else he'd lose and that is battle AC (or reactive) + you need strong will to do that.

No, he just needs to already be
Garou isn't Saitama. He's a martial arts prodigy that has evidence of adapting on the fly or getting stronger mid battle. Something Saitama completely lacks.
You too much underestimate him, if you click the link I've send to you, you'll see he's in a state of "Bruh how are you still alive" and you can see bubble on his side, showing how exhausted he was after that battle. And here i don't think this is someone who haven't experienced it would say while making a serious face which we barely see.

He break his limit through Battle AC (or Reactive evolution
Saitama broke his limiter solely through training. Not by fighting people.
You too much underestimate him, if you click the link I've send to you, you'll see he's in a state of "Bruh how are you still alive" and you can see bubble on his side, showing how exhausted he was after that battle.
That's not evidence for Battle Accelerated Development. Just that the monster he fought was capable of harming him with its claws.

And here i don't think this is someone who haven't experienced it would say while making a serious face which we barely see.
Saitama fought tough battles before he completely broke his limiter, but that is not evidence for Accelerated Development through battle.

Saitama needs to show that he got stronger during a fight for that rating. You haven't provided the evidence for that.

Saitama broke his limiter solely through training. Not by fighting people.
He also faught monster... Monster that is either weaker or stronger than him during his training and experience multiple near-death because of it.
That's not evidence for Battle Accelerated Development. Just that the monster he fought was capable of harming him with its claws.
That's not what I'm trying to say, I'm saying he's in a badly state at that time because of his overpowered Opponent, and he really need Battle AC or reactive evolution + Will power (Which he already have) in order to win, at that moment.
Saitama fought tough battles before he completely broke his limiter, but that is not evidence for Accelerated Development through battle.
It is, how can you beat monster that lot stronger than you without Battle AC or reactive evolution? Doesn't make sense. It's basically one of the reasons why he grow so fast at that time. moreover this dude has a "Will of never give up" His training AC isn't a solid basis how he grow so fast either. Like again knowing how Garou broke his limiter. This is weird to brought up, but i even saw many people on YT saying that "hell no garou is like saitama, saitama never run or give up" i feel like they get that from his statements too.
Saitama needs to show that he got stronger during a fight for that rating. You haven't provided the evidence for that.
I already made a logical explanation for that. I don't see any wrong with it. Like yeah seriously.

Last edited:
During his fight with Personification of a Light Pull Cord, Saitama was initially getting curbstomped with ease. However, after getting back, he one-shot Personification of a Light Pull Cord. This is the only example of him possessing Battle-type Accelerated Development—or just Reactive Power Level—though, as all of his other fights are either off-screen (Himawari and Octopus Claw Man) or after he became a god (170,000-Year-Old Cicada Larva).

That feats, It didn't cross to my mind.
And yeah it's off-screen battle, but we can clearly see saitama push his limit at that time to beat the octopus claw guy

Honestly, saying that Saitama got his strength entirely because of training is incorrect.

Saitama didn't isolate himself in some safe mountain to do his training, he did it in a city full of monsters, and due to his sense of justice he would always fight monsters he came across, including ones he had no chance against ( like piggy bancon when he was a kid ). Other instances are when he tells Suiryu that he shouldn't be disheartened by getting defeated by monsters, as he had done so many times in his life, when he's seen bloodied after saving king and how he mentions that he kept doing his training even when he was injured or sick.

That's not even counting what we already know about limiters a.k.a Garou and his growth through multiple zenkai boosts through near death experiences and leaps of strength during combat.

And even if we assume that Saitama grew purely because of his training, then it gives more force to the "Saitama gets exponentially stronger everyday" theory from the Audiobooks, since he'd have to keep growing in power even after the workout routine was nothing for him.
Saying he stopped growing bevause he hit a limit to his growth also doesn't work, because him removing his limiter and getting so strong jappened because of him breaking his limit multiple times until it was no more.
Tl;dr: i believe he should have combat related accelerated development, and that it makes even more sense than training based accelerated development.

He also faught monster... Monster that is either weaker or stronger than him during his training and experience multiple near-death because of it.
That's not evidence for the Battle tag with accelerated development. Broly going from this to this is accelerated devolpment.
That's not what I'm trying to say, I'm saying he's in a badly state at that time because of his overpowered Opponent, and he really need Battle AC or reactive evolution + Will power (Which he already have) in order to win, at that moment.
There's zero evidence for that. Genos can kill people who are capable of harming him. He doesn't require either of those powers.
It is, how can you beat monster that lot stronger than you without Battle AC or reactive evolution?
Because they were never stronger than him. They were just strong enough to damage him.
During his fight with Personification of a Light Pull Cord, Saitama was initially getting curbstomped with ease. However, after getting back, he one-shot Personification of a Light Pull Cord. This is the only example of him possessing Battle-type Accelerated Development—or just Reactive Power Level—though
Its actually not really either. Saitama in that story had just consumed a giant bag of candy and had a tooth ache because of it. Its why he freezes mid-punch against pullcord and as soon as he loses the cavity he just stomps.
Saitama didn't isolate himself in some safe mountain to do his training, he did it in a city full of monsters
When talking to Genos his statement was solely about the training injuring
Other instances are when he tells Suiryu that he shouldn't be disheartened by getting defeated by monsters, as he had done so many times in his life, when he's seen bloodied after saving king and how he mentions that he kept doing his training even when he was injured or sick.

Saitama never stated he was defeated by a monster. Just that he was injured like Suiryu and scarred of them at one point but got over it.

Being injured while training is not evidence for the Battle type of accelerated development. Especially when Saitama's training already caused injuries like vomiting blood or cracking his arms.
Audiobooks, since he'd have to keep growing in power even after the workout routine was nothing for him.
The discount the audiobook statement not because it makes no sense in regards to Saitama getting stronger, but because both Saitama and ONE have mentioned that he's already hit the peak of his power.
That's not even counting what we already know about limiters a.k.a Garou and his growth through multiple zenkai boosts through near death experiences and leaps of strength during combat.
We've decided before not to back scale Saitama to Garou in that respect. But even if we considered it, Garou broke his limiter within a handful of days in-universe. Saitama took multiple years. His struggles were far more intense than Saitama's was and unlike Saitama he's a shown battle prodigy who can adapt mid-fight. Saitama has always been "Punch Harder".

That's not evidence for the Battle tag with accelerated development. Broly going from this to this is accelerated devolpment.
I mean That's basically how Garou developed his strength so fast through battle and experiencing multiple near-death. DB comparison?
There''s zero evidence for that. Genos can kill people who are capable of harming him. He doesn't require either of those powers.
The evidence is literally ABOVE and the other dude already send the feats above where saitama stating he had to suppress his own limit at that time to beat the Self-proclaimed God level and that's definitely Battle AC. Don't even compare robot that can do firecracker to a normal human like saitama and I've never seen Genos beating opponents that is alot stronger than him, but his self-destruction can
Because they were never stronger than him. They were just strong enough to damage him.
Do i really need to send the quote here? You're basically contradicting his statements above, why? In this statement he's clearly telling what he had been through before he become so strong. Just having insanely high will power is not enough to beat those monster. You'll need to grow strength at that moment till you reach their power and suppress it, in order to win which is basically a Battle AC (or Reactive evolution)
"You won't survive. You don't get what hero means. There are a lot of incredibly strong bad guys in the world. Those who oppose them are called heroes. Even if they are alone. You, who gathers weaker subordinates to feel strong, won't make it. At this rate, you are gonna cry sooner or later. When a monster stronger than you shows up, none of your subordinates will save you. Factions? Newbie crushing? Keeping your ranks? They have nothing to do with anything! Don't look down on heroes, you moron!"

Pride

Last edited:
I mean That's basically how Garou developed his strength so fast through battle and experiencing multiple near-death.
I know, which is why Garou has that as a power. Because we see it happen unlike with Saitama.

The evidence is literally ABOVE and the other dude already send the feats above where saitama stating he had to suppress his own limit at that time to beat the Self-proclaimed God level and that's definitely Battle AC
At no point did he do any of that. He held back Garou and Boros. At no point before his training was complete did he fight a God level threat anyways.

In this statement he's clearly telling what he had been through before he become so strong. Just having insanely high will power is not enough to beat those monster
Yes, willpower would not allow him to win. Punching hard allowed him to win and punching hard does not require the power you're suggesting.

I don't know why the idea of Saitama and Garou's growth being comparable was even proposed. Saitama grew as strong as he did through non-stop, grueling training whereas Garou increased his strength through non-stop combat, overcoming death numerous times and thus accelerating his Monsterization, a process that Saitama has not gone under.

I don't know why the idea of Saitama and Garou's growth being comparable was even proposed. Saitama grew as strong as he did through non-stop, grueling training whereas Garou increased his strength through non-stop combat, overcoming death numerous times and thus accelerating his Monsterization, a process that Saitama has not gone under.
It doesn't need to be non-stop just by conquering your death once every days or week is enough and will ended up an explosive power growth:
“ I did everything I could to figure out a way to break through the limit of growth: monster cannibalism, blood and cell transfusion, breeding, experiencing different types of pain and stress, increasing their level of anger and hatred. Everything I could think of, I've tried. During this process, I found out that it is possible to reach the next stage if one conquers death. And if the process is repeated, you end up with explosive growth. " -Pyskos
Like you send feats above by conquering death he gain an absolute strength, after that. Genos theorized that even saitama himself cannot explain how he gain those absolute power, hence why i think it's battle AC like Garou.

Saitama's workout is something that wouldn't be hard by real life athletes standards except for the " no rest days " thing, and OPM is a series where people can become superhumans with enough training, without some sort of external factor pressuring him, the training would become stale.

It doesn't make sense to assume the training was straining enough through the entire thing to make him keep getting stronger, much less to injure him to the same point as Suiryu, because as far as we know, Saitama didn't start throwing himself in front of buses or rolling down cliffs or doubling his number of exercises.
But if we are gonna use Broly's reactive evolution as minimum for what one needs to get accelerated development through combat, then yeah, only Garou should get it.

Saitama's workout is something that wouldn't be hard by real life athletes standards except for the " no rest days " thing, and OPM is a series where people can become superhumans with enough training, without some sort of external factor pressuring him, the training would become stale
That would be a fine argument if Saitama himself didn't contradict the idea when Genos said the same things you brought up. To Saitama is was tough and agonizing, which is why it ended up working.

But if we are gonna use Broly's reactive evolution as minimum for what one needs to get accelerated development through combat, then yeah, only Garou should get it.
Broly is just a clear example of it. You can go off a statement like with any Saiyan. But Saitama doesn't have that. The only way I could see it is if you scale him to Garou, but Garou's process was radically different from Saitama's.

In OPM, people gain powers just due having immense willpower like Garou and Phoenix man, Saitama is a perfect example of this as well

Yet Saitama never proved that he has Accelerated Development
9-B to High 6-A in 3 years, how is it not accelerated development?
''
Accelerated Development is the ability to raise ones statistics and/or abilities at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to. Users of this ability are able to reap the fruits of their training with far less effort and time than most, with some characters improving their overall power effortlessly.

Types​

The types of accelerated development can roughly be categorized by two properties:

Cause of Accelerated Development​

• Training: The character gains increased results from performing training appropriate for raising a statistic or ability''

9-B to High 6-A in 3 years, how is it not accelerated development?
''
Accelerated Development is the ability to raise ones statistics and/or abilities at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to. Users of this ability are able to reap the fruits of their training with far less effort and time than most, with some characters improving their overall power effortlessly.

Types​

The types of accelerated development can roughly be categorized by two properties:

Cause of Accelerated Development​

• Training: The character gains increased results from performing training appropriate for raising a statistic or ability''
This is all true, and is on Saitama's profile. The OP is suggesting that Saitama also gets the Battle cause of accelerated development.

• Battle: The characters development is faster than normal while battling. Different from the "Training"-Type Accelerated Development this type has a specific focus on increase in battle, which is larger than the increase gained through normal training. List Reactive Power Level instead of this Type of Accelerated Growth.

This is all true, and is on Saitama's profile. The OP is suggesting that Saitama also gets the Battle cause of accelerated development.

• Battle: The characters development is faster than normal while battling. Different from the "Training"-Type Accelerated Development this type has a specific focus on increase in battle, which is larger than the increase gained through normal training. List Reactive Power Level instead of this Type of Accelerated Growth.
I know, I was just answering DaReaperMan when he said that Saitama doesnt have accelerated development

My guess is Saitama didn't actually count the number of exercises and just went on his gut feeling, wich was basically just working until he reached extreme exhaustion.
That or he just got injured a lot by fighring monsters and was constantly doing his training with broken bones and anemia.

So it's just him keep throwing punches to a powerful monster than him till he overpowered them? lol it's basically just the same to combat AC. I still think he deserves that combat type.

It was him busting his ass off, straining himself to the point he could barely stand, non-stop for three years while also battling Monsters. Ripping yourself apart and then repairing yourself is literally what training and exercise is, except in his case, he managed to become a god in three years.

He has Accelerated Development, for sure; no one in real life would be capable of anything he is, even if they trained for one hundred years. Hell, no one in One Punch Man, barring Garou, has achieved such a feat. Not even Superalloy Darkshine, who devoted the better half of his life to bodybuilding and developing insurmountable strength, Bang, who trained and honed his martial arts for, who knows how long, ripping his body to shreds which is evident by his many scars, or Orochi, who subjugated himself to countless unimaginable experiments and overcame death for years on end in order to increase his strength and mutate into the most powerful Monster, has come even close to Saitama's level of strength, despite being thousands of years more experienced than him.

But, there is no proof to suggest that he has Battle-type, as we have rarely ever seen a youthful Saitama in battle. Nothing suggests that he has Reactive Power Level—which is really what you're supposed to list instead of "Accelerated Development (Battle)"—so he should not have the ability.

But, there is no proof to suggest that he has Battle-type, as we have rarely ever seen a youthful Saitama in battle.
Well some are off-screen, but you'll see one on king backstory and him stating he had fought alot of powerful monsters during his training. I'm not insisting that it should be added on his profile anymore, but still think he has and deserve those lol. And i think it should be obvious that he encountered a lot of monsters, during his training since he live in a place where the percentage of monster appearing is high.

So it's just him keep throwing punches to a powerful monster than him till he overpowered them?
No, throwing punches at monsters capable of damaging him but ultimately not as strong. Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Deku, Naruto, and Guts all fight people who are as strong as them, stronger than them, or capable of damaging them. But none of them have that power because punching someone wout doesn't require Accelerated Development.

Back