• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama star level upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that there has been a new databook which was released not too long ago. Basically, this databook makes it clear that Boros' final attack was actually star level. Now remember, this information is from the databook, so it kinda can't be denied. And obviously Saitama scales. So both Boros and Saitama will now be 4-C, with Garou possibly being 4-C since he's somewhat comparable to Boros. Finally some upgrades are happening for these two

It was rejected because the word "star" and the word "planet" in Japanese are the same word, so when they say "can destroy a star", they could very well be saying "can destroy a planet."

aaaaaaaaaaaa stop

This literally refers to his Planet busting thing, which was mistranslated as Star because we suck. Ain't gonna work.

Discussion Rules

Avoid trying to upgrade Saitama to Star level based on statements from the databook. It has been discussed repeatedly that there are two translations for the Japanese word µÿƒ (Hoshi). It can mean either Planet or Star, and the former is far more consistent with the events of the story and Saitama's own statements.

For more explination here's the raw page and someone going over the translation in greater detail. Its likely Viz/Whoever did the English guidebook translation, translated Hoshi as "Star" since the only context given in the paragraph is the attack's name, which is "Collasping Star Roaring Cannon". Considering that earlier in the Boros section it said that his latent energy can bust planets, the anime guidebook just backs up what he says in the show .

Unless you have proof that it was a mistranslation, I'm not going to back down. The fact is, the databook itself has stated that Boros is star level, therefore I can't help but think it's true.

Sheoth said:
smh the OPM downplay on this site is getting real old...
Considering I do take your opinion higher than I do most, care to explain? (though, this could be your signature joking ovo)

@Ray

My dude, the word used here can equally refer to planet or star. And it's used to talk about an attack whose main use was destroying the planet. There is no reason to think that it can star bust outside of what is basically a dub of a databook.

As much as I would not be the least bit surprised if they made Saitama tank something akin to a supernova, unless he's explicitly demonstrated that level of power, we can't give it to him.

1. Surviving a black hole isn't quantifiable

2. Wasn't a black hole

3. A black hole isn't 4-B either way

@Saikou

Well technically surviving infinite gravity would take infinite energy, so High 3-A is the durability needed to live.

But no, it wasn't a black hole.

What about the time Saitama literally jumped from the moon to the earth. Wouldn't that feat be around 4-C? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

@Ray

You're wrong. That's calced at High 6-A, and only for the destruction of the Moon.

You could go 99% SoL and the KE of his movement wouldn't get that high.

Okay I'm starting to get kind of angry. There has to be some sort of feat Saitama performed that places him at 4-C. I just need to find it. What about the time Saitama literally flipped the earth against his fight with Farou? Wouldn't that upgrade him? Was it even calced?

@Ray

He flipped the battlefield, not Earth.

Also no, not Star level. Stars are obscenely large and stupid durable dude. Pretty much no planetary feat hits 4-C.

Trust me, many people have been looking for a 4-C for years, me included, there is none yet. The best we can do right now is wait and see if ONE decides to give him a feat like that.

He flipped an unknown amount of land, mostly just some of the base that was brought up from underground which was like city sized, lol.

The real cal howard said:
Considering I do take your opinion higher than I do most-

higher than I do most

higher than most

than most

most
sob* Truly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back