• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji vs Trafalgar Law

Law has already defeated Zoro before, but he could beat the other member of the Monster Trio?

Sanji (Stealth Black) vs Trafalgar Law

• They starts at 8 meters
  • Battle takes place at Sabaody Archipelago
Sanji: 2 (KingOFG, Ahmedgyro)

Trafalgar Law: 4 (Purgy, Cin, Schnee, Eminiteable)

Inconclusive:

Law wins. Better abilities and I'm not even sure if Sanji is fully aware of what his devil fruit can do but I might be wrong. Sanji still only has basic CoO and even though it's probably slightly superior to Laws, I doubt it makes much of a difference.

Sanji has proeficient Observation and it's passive. Sanji is also faster with Raid Suit (Enough to deflect the cuts).

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
The AoE is too big for Sanji to dodge everything. And he can freely switch Sanji's location to one of a random object and cut him afterwards
What's AoE? Law's cuts are limited to vertical and horizontal lines. This switch isn't too effective against opponents faster than Law or who have a better CoO.

Eminiteable said:
Nah but law should be able to just cut off Sanji's legs removing the speed advantage..
How will he hit a faster opponent able to predict all his moves?

Again, Sanji has basic CoO. He's proficient in basic CoO that's all. Acting like it's going to have any effect in this battle is ridiculous, his CoO can only be argued to be slightly better than Laws.

Law has 0 feats of CoO, Sanji have dodged an attack from Katakuri even whitout see that coming.

Ryuga21 said:
Law has 0 feats of CoO, Sanji have dodged an attack from Katakuri even whitout see that coming.
A Jelly bean... He dodged a thrown Jelly bean... Sanji's CoO is good sure, but it's still basic, it does next to nothing here.

A Jelly bean launched by a Rel+ character that Sanji dodges passively without even looking or knowing that he was being targeted. Also, when Katakuri saw the future he couldn't see Sanji dodging his Jelly bean. Sanji has also ESP feats. So yes, Sanji's precog is far better than Law's who is featless.

Ryuga21 said:
A Jelly bean launched by a Rel+ character that Sanji dodges passively without even looking or knowing that he was being targeted. Also, when Katakuri saw the future he couldn't see Sanji dodging his Jelly bean. Sanji has also ESP feats. So yes, Sanji's precog is far better than Law's who is featless.
How does reaction/combat speed equate to the speed at which you can flick a Jelly bean? Let's also not pretend like Katakuri did that with all his strength. Katakuri was only seeing the future up to when Sanji was going to dodge the gunshot from the priest iirc.

It's quite simple, Katakuri was serious when he shot the Jelly bean and if he is casually able to blitz Rel+ characters, serious (Even throwing a Jelly bean) he would have be Rel+ too. It's still a precog feat from an attack from he wasn't seeing and he didn't even know what it was going to do with him. That is, while Law was moving, Sanji would have already presented the danger and dodged the Amputate.

Also, Law will not start the fight with Amputate, he needs to open the Room before that and as here Sanji is with the Raid Suit, his speed boost will be enough to get closer

Ryuga21 said:
It's quite simple, Katakuri was serious when he shot the Jelly bean and if he is casually able to blitz Rel+ characters, serious (Even throwing a Jelly bean) he would have be Rel+ too. It's still a precog feat from an attack from he I wasn't seeing and I didn't even know what I was going to do with him. That is, while Law was moving, Sanji would have already presented the danger and dodged the Amputate.
Also, Law will not start the fight with Amputate, he needs to open the Room before that and as here Sanji is with the Raid Suit, his speed boost will be enough to get closer
Katakuri had no idea on Sanji's abilities iirc, and no that logic is absolute terrible, I see no reason for why just because Katakuri has Relativistic+ combat speed and reaction speed that he'd be able to and would throw a Jelly bean at those speeds. You realize that the absolute basic of CoO allows you to sense your surroundings and attacks you can't see? Cool, Sanji did just this, he's still a basic CoO user. I never said Law would start with Amputate but he'll use it eventually and his moveset are good enough to win this.

Ryuga21 said:
You're even going against Sanji's profile now. Please go see the Haki page.
Actually no, I'm not going against his profile. It says "Possibly Relativistic + from dodging an attack by Katakuri intended to kill him", where do you think this "Possibly" comes from? It comes from the fact that it's completely asinine to assume Katakuri was throwing around Relativistic+ Jelly beans.

I'm not referring to that, Sanji is proficient in Haki and you continues to insist on the opposite.

I said he's proficient in Haki though... He's just proficient in basic CoO, that's a fact. He doesn't have advanced CoO. If you're going to use Sanji's minor CoO advantage compared to Law's, let's bring up Law's minor CoA advantage. Now Sanji can't block any of Law's attacks, and if Law is using CoA to defend Sanji can barely even damage him.

The Calaca said:
Sanji's Observation is way better than Law's. End of the story.
It's still only basic, it's barely even a factor here in the same way Law's CoA advantage isn't. Now if Sanji had CoO on the level of Luffy then it would be something worth bringing up.

@Purgy

Law literally has 0 feats of CoO this isn't a option for him. Sanji have already dodges hits from characters faster than Law even not seeing the attack (Don't make me repeat it). Nothing prevents Sanji from dodging the cuts, he literally doesn't need to defend himself. Also, Sanji is FASTER than Law, which also would help him to dodge any cut.

Sanji have CoA too, he also has dura negation and attack boost to bypass any Law's defense attempt.

Ryuga21 said:
@Purgy
Law literally has 0 feats of CoO this isn't a option for him. Sanji have already dodges hits from characters faster than Law even not seeing the attack (Don't make me repeat it). Nothing prevents Sanji from dodging the cuts, he literally doesn't need to defend himself. Also, Sanji is FASTER than Law, which also would help him to dodge any cut.

Sanji have CoA too, he also has dura negation and attack boost to bypass any Law's defense attempt.
I will make you repeat it, Sanji dodging a Jelly bean travelling at an unknown speed thrown by Katakuri means squat, especially given the distance between Katakuri and Sanji when it happened. How much faster is Sanji? The Raid Suit gives an unknown speed boost. Sanji's CoA is inferior to Law's, an entire tier inferior according to the Haki page you listed, if you're going to bring up Sanji's CoO advantage, I'll just use Law's CoA advantage, and it's quite the advantage.

I will not repeat it again, a non-casual Rel+ character should not fire a small object at a speed inferior to his own. The difference is that Observation guarantees an advantage over Law, more than Armament guarantees an advantage over Sanji. With CoO Sanji can dodge any cut from Law, while armament isn't enough to Law defend dura negation and others stuff (CoA can still be overtaken by stronger blows). Raid Suit make Sanji faster and only that is enough to him blitz Law, he can also merge his both speed amp.

Ryuga21 said:
I will not repeat it again, a non-casual Rel+ character should not fire a small object at a speed inferior to his own. The difference is that Observation guarantees an advantage over Law, more than Armament guarantees an advantage over Sanji. With CoO Sanji can dodge any cut from Law, while armament isn't enough to Law defend dura negation and others stuff (CoA can still be overtaken by stronger blows). Raid Suit make Sanji faster and only that is enough to him blitz Law, he can also merge his both speed amp.
Having Relativistic+ combat/reaction speed doesn't equate to flicking a Jelly bean at that speed, especially since again the distance between Sanji and Katakuri and the fact that to my knowledge, Katakuri wasn't aware of how powerful Sanji was.

Sanji can't dodge every cut from Law, Doffy has the same CoO tier as Sanji according to the Haki page and he was forced to block multiple of Law's attacks, something he could do due to his CoA advantage over Law, something Sanji doesn't have.

CoA can be overcome yes, but since they have the same AP, Law's CoA defense is going to greatly mitigate Sanji's attacks.

Again, unless you give me a multiplier or a calced feat where Sanji is using the raid suit, I'm going to assume the speed advantage is unknown and negligible.

Something I just noticed, Law should be an even higher tier than he currently is in terms of CoA, he cut Vergo in half who was using Full Body, something that Law could only do if he had equal or superior CoA to Vergo.

I see a serious debate here so I'm going to be very linear.

Sanji wins. Reasons: Precog and Speed.

Law is confirmed as a Kenbunshoku user but he never even showed a single application of this skill, so we cannot say that he would have only a "small disadvantage" in this point. On the other hand, Sanji really showed good precog feats with his CoO, as mentioned against Katakuri (Sanji was not seeing the attack as mentioned above and assuming it was launched by an extremely fast character, obviously the jelly bean was at considerable speed). Oda himself already mentioned that Sanji has the better Observation at Fishman Island Arc, that means Sanji > Luffy in precog (Before Whole Cake), the same Luffy who is able to detect peoples' intentions and predict several attacks. So yes. Sanji would be able to anticipate Law's cuts as he would have intentions of the future, even if he didn't see the attack or didn't know how it works.

So base Sanji is already faster than Smoker who could parry many of Law's strikes. Raid-Suit makes the user faster enough to fight with Yonko Commanders (Reiju vs Smoothie). With a Raid-Suit all Sanji's brothers are stated to be far faster than him. So yeah, Raid-Suit speed boost is massive and Sanji should blitz Law at the beginning of the fight with it.

Law still has superior Busou but this is useless as Sanji has dura negation to bypass it.

It's true Law hasn't demonstrated CoO, but to assume his CoO is vastly inferior to his CoA (Which is what is currently being assumed) is ridiculous, especially since he's never been stated to specialize/focus on CoA.

I'm sure the Jelly Bean was flicked at high speeds, but to assume it's moving at Relativistic+ speeds just because Katakuri is that fast in combat and reactions is a stretch.

Oda said thats the Haki they specialize in, don't get it twisted. That literally means what they are best at, not compared to each other. Just because Sanji specializes in CoO doesn't mean his CoO is better than Luffy's, it just means that's what Sanji personally is most proficient in using.

Has Sanji ever once consistently used future sight? He might have seen a thing here or there, but it's not consistent and it's not going to be a factor here.

The speed of Sanji's brothers is completely irrelevant, they're genetically engineered and they've also used the Raid Suits all their life. I'm also pretty skeptical about Niji being faster than Sanji based on that scan. Regardless, with no multiplier or calced feats, it's impossible to determine how fast Sanji is so it shouldn't be used.

How does Sanji's Durability Negation work? And it says limited on his profile which implies it's not very good/can't be used under certain circumstances.

Red-Eyed Specter said:
Sanji's durability attacks organs and burns them. Think of Law's Gamma Knife but vaslty inferior.
Why is it called "limited" then? Also, how does his attacks target organs? His heat would burn people but how exactly would it burn their organs from the outside.

Back