• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two heroes who prefer to fight from a distance with their summons (Star Platinum, Gaster Blasters).

Victory via any means possible and the fight takes place in an abandoned ghost town. They start 10 meters away from each other.

Sans vs. Jotaro

Would Sans KR even work on Jotaro though? That and IDR (i don't recall) Sans having resistance to something like Time Stop.....

Eh, Jotaro's killed a few people. Not enough for it to be immensely effective, but it'll still be there.

Doesn't some of the stand users died?

Even then, pretty sure Sans can takes him out without it. Jotaro would be on the verge of death by normal Dura negation until KR catches up.

By how brutal SP was when it comes out, i'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that Jotaro's enemies died.

I will say that Jotaro takes if he time stops and tries to go for an ora ora attack on Sans (i know TS doesn't accumilate damage, but Jotaro could at least still harm Sans anyways).

But if they do start a good distance away, i think Sans might actually take this. All he needs to do is to keep his distance from Jotaro's SP and he should probably be good here....

Jotaro definitely killed Dio, and probably killed Steely Dan. The Retired tag is supposed to be confirmation that the enemies didn't die, so anyone who got that probably survived the initial beatdown. They're probably unable to ever fight again, but they're alive.

Anyways, yeah, Jotaro can kill Sans if they start too close. Otherwise, Sans can probably very slowly chip him out.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Yeah that's what I said.
Jotaro would bliztes at close range but Sans would blitze at long range.
Yeah but i wanted to say it too. :p

But seriously, the OP wasn't specific on how far these guys are. That and it should noted that Jotaro's Star Platinum has an effective range of 2 meters, 3 at the most (i think). So depending how far away these guys are, it's either ones game here.

Jotaro, KR would have little effect to someone not compareable to Chara, and Timestop would probably be the main key for Jotaro's success

Eh, as I said, KR isn't really needed to actually do damage. The only problem is that Sans would have to wait until the KR completely eats the opponent's heath bar until he can finish them off. That would probably leaves Jotaro a low health for quite some time.

Hmm. Makes me wonder how Jotaro's fight with DIO would be like if we compare him to fighting Sans here...

SomebodyData said:
I feel like everyone forgets the speed difference between Jotaro and Sans tho
Not really. I was just too lazy to the bone to commment even that.....badum tss~

Saikou The Lewd King said:
10 meters is like the limit of Star Platinium, so Jotaro probably takes him down.
That's actually more of Dio's The World, Saikou. I've read Part 3 many times and i actually don't recall SP going any further than 2 - 3 meters.

Holy crap these are two of my favorite characters in all of fiction. I'm glad you made this thread.

But anyways I think Jotaro takes this due to is 20-meter range, and the distance being 10 meters. He'd definitely be able to pull off a timestop on him and ORAORA him.

Bad time sans jotaro
I thought this seemed pretty relevant.

Jotaro should be able to beat Sans here, he has displayed his abilities as both a fighter and a brilliant thinker (Darby,Dude in the car in pt 3 and much more) and when you factor in his ability to stop time while including the massive speed advantage Sans wont really be able to do much at all.

Vote goes to Jotaro Kujo

If Jotaro could do so much as just hit him, then Sans is screwed. Since stands are FTL, I'd say Jotaro. That's just me.

@MarvelFan can you defend the reasons above? I mean, Jotaro has quite a speed advantage

Couldn't Sans teleport something inside Jotaro's head? Star Platinum is faster than Sans but has only 2 meters range and Sans should be faster than Jotaro.

Sans is only MFTL+ due to being immesely faster than Chara/Frisk, who recently got a downgrade in speed, so Sans likely wouldn't be anything Jotaro can't deal with.

Plus he isn't seen trying that with Chara/Frisk, despite him knowing that the entire multiverse was at risk, so there's nothing justifying him trying that here.

I think Sans takes this, and here's why:

SP has an effective range of only 2 meters, and they start at 10 meters. This already gives Sans the advantage in range, with plenty of hax, such as spatial manipulation, gravity manipulation, soul manipulation, and teleportation, none of which Jotaro has an answer to outside of a 5 second time stop, which may or may not even be effective against Sans anyway. Assuming that Jotaro can't get in range before he gets dunked on, Sans takes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back