• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Orange Piccolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Undertale mechanics, would we treat Piccolo as having LV or smth? If so, he's got 3 confirmed kills, and is a reincarnation of Demon King Piccolo who killed like millions (at least thousands) IIRC. Undertale matches are confusing af.

Speaking of Undertale mechanics, would we treat Piccolo as having LV or smth? If so, he's got 3 confirmed kills, and is a reincarnation of Demon King Piccolo who killed like millions (at least thousands) IIRC. Undertale matches are confusing af.
I think is gonna be LvL 1, because is a verse thing or something, so his normal LvL would be 1.

Frieza was put at LV1 since LV might only increase with monster kills or something
What???
That doesn't make any sense, LOVE is very much treated as a general thing rather than how someone feels about monsters in particular, it is literally about someone's capacity to hurt and willingness to kill.

Why would't he know his doing that? Is his soul that being affected, and Picollo is pretty smart, he would deduce something like that.
Does piccolo have the ability to feel his soul like he feels his body?

Also, if he doesn't figure it out in 2 seconds he will be dead

Does piccolo have the ability to feel his soul like he feels his body?

Also, if he doesn't figure it out in 2 seconds he will be dead
Is the soul being affected/attack harmless? I haven't played Undertale in a good while, so I can't remember. But I figured it wasn't painless.

Blue Mode (The telekinesis gravity) doesn't do damage, but the bones touching the soul would hurt
I hardly think it's painless

Not feeling your soul is being damaged seems kinda off to me
Makes sense. Weren't there experiments that involved painfully extracting determination from Souls or smth?

As for the blue mode, I would think you can feel someone interacting/TK'ing your soul, right? (Even if it doesn't necessarily cause pain)

Is the soul being affected/attack harmless? I haven't played Undertale in a good while, so I can't remember. But I figured it wasn't painless.
Well, the only reason frisk has resistance to soul manip is because they treat physical and soul attacks as the same thing, aka they feel the soul attacks as they would feel physical ones, aka pain included

By default a soul doesn't have the receptors to feel pain, so i don't think we would treat it as hurting, besides sans can't harm with his TK in his first attack

Makes sense. Weren't there experiments that involved painfully extracting determination from Souls or smth?
No details are given about how they did that

As for the blue mode, I would think you can feel someone interacting/TK'ing your soul, right? (Even if it doesn't necessarily cause pain)
I mean......can yoy feel your soul irl? Stupus question i know, but i really don't think that there is a reason to just assume that everyone can feel their own soul since logically it wouldn't have the same conection to the brain as your body nerves would

Well, the only reason frisk has resistance to soul manip is because they treat physical and soul attacks as the same thing, aka they feel the soul attacks as they would feel physical ones, aka pain included

By default a soul doesn't have the receptors to feel pain, so i don't think we would treat it as hurting, besides sans can't harm with his TK in his first attack

No details are given about how they did that

I mean......can yoy feel your soul irl? Stupus question i know, but i really don't think that there is a reason to just assume that everyone can feel their own soul since logically it wouldn't have the same conection to the brain as your body nerves would
I don't believe we have souls irl, so I couldn't answer that question regardless, lol. I should note that even if I did, I think feeling your soul just resting and feeling your soul literally being ****** by bones are two completely different things.

Lmao

Here is the thing.....if we don't know even irl, can we really say that you would feel it at all?
Even if we could, souls in Undertale seem to be far different then how they are according to most mainstream religions. So it's not like IRL rules would dictate how they work in Undertale. I'll leave it up to ya'll bigger Undertale fans to decide if you can feel your soul being attacked or not.

All i will say is that, via law hax sans will atyack first no matter what, while piccolo will not be able to attack back until sans finishes his attack, due to how sans' attacks work, killing someome with resistance to soul attacks in 5 seconds with someone with 90hp, while piccolo would have 20hp due to not having high LV, piccolo would need to not get hit for more than 2 seconds at most, if he tries to block one attack he will die, so i will vote for sans for now
bro calm down
verse equalization

Oh, i forgot about this match.

Anyway, i think If Picollo gotta trown to the ground out nowhere, he probally would't be like "oh i gonna see what this can do lmao"

And the Gamma example also don't work since Picollo know How strong Gamma is, and How strong he is now, so he knows he can the hits. Here, he don't know who Sans is, so there's zero reason from him try to take the hits. Combined with the fact Sans is a skeleton, he gonna be in edge, and not try to understamate Sans.

Also, not sure If anyone did this argument before in a Sans thread, but the "he can feel Sans ki, and Sense that he not that strong" don't work, because half of the people in Dragon Ball can hide they Ki, so even If he feel that Sans is not that strong, is reasonable for him to still think Sans is hiding his Power. And also, he is a skeleton.

I honestly now see why DB hates sans, he gets tons of matches against their charaacter and somehow, usually loses or wins? or is more like a psychological warfare. war of atricions.

I never understood this logic at all. What reasoning is there that this should apply to Piccolo at all? It's like arguing that a character that Link fights should always have a boss healthbar, or that Mario always kills his opponents in three headstomps

Undertale is so weird

I never understood this logic at all. What reasoning is there that this should apply to Piccolo at all? It's like arguing that a character that Link fights should always have a boss healthbar, or that Mario always kills his opponents in three headstomps

Undertale is so weird
Unlike those things, stats in UT are treated as canon (with non-Frisk HPs being an exception as there's not a value for them in-game, but just in data).

Last edited:
What i saying his not gonna fūck around, and immediality use AoE attacks on Sans.
why would he immediatly go for AOE instead of trying to trow a ki blast and defend against the attacks? piccolo is more open into using AOE sure, but he usually uses ki blasts and punches/kicks first

Undertale is so weird
this is what happens when a verse makes game mechanics canon

Undertale is so weird
Because we have a canon explanation for it that would make no sense for it not to be applied to other verses. That being LV measuring how willing someone is to kill and how monsters get weaker in the face of an opponent's harmful intent.

Because we have a canon explanation for it that would make no sense for it not to be applied to other verses. That being LV measuring how willing someone is to kill and how monsters get weaker in the face of an opponent's harmful intent.
it is a little more than just "will to kill" it is a way to quantify how "distant" you are, and the more distant more harm you will be able to give.......now what is "distant"? not sure

it is a little more than just "will to kill" it is a way to quantify how "distant" you are, and the more distant more harm you will be able to give.......now what is "distant"? not sure
I think a better way to put it is a measurement of malice/evil intent. As opposed to just how open you are to killing someone. Since after all, you can be open to killing people and be good. The context obviously matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back