• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sauron underpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to me that Sauron is severely underpowered and as such propose the following changes to his page and the division of his page into four forms

1. Necromancer: This is Sauron's 6B form and his WEAKEST appearance. In this form he cannot shapeshift and his powers are extremely limited. The only abilities he is confirmed to have is plague and poison creation, shifting what an object is made of (info from The One Wiki to Rule Them All) and extreme telepathy. In this form he has at least country level attack potency as he was superior to all five of the istari combined, or else they would have simply defeated him (and 1 alone could destroy mountain tops with attacks not even targeted at them.

2. Last alliance: In this form Sauron`s powers are absolutely terrifying. After each death a maia`s power is decreased by an enormous factor. Assuming a country tier maia would be decreased from an attack potency of seven teratons to 40 joules you can reverse that proses to get a 5*10^33 large star strength Sauron, probably higher with the ring. His durability should be comparable; however, he can be easily defeated by a weapon that ignores conventional durability.

3. Prime: At this point the train of math takes us to multi-solar system level of power. In this form he has an enormous level of power and can shapeshift.

Footnote: Sauron can shapeshift during the first age but it seems stupid to add a fifth form to an already large group and makes more sense to explain it in parentheses.

4. Cosmic: Now this is out of control. This is his part during the Anulindale and he is a great singer. Every maia has this 3A to 2A form because each of them created at least 1 physical law which without it would result in an infinite amount of energy and at all points in time being in a different state. Sauron, I would argue, is one of the 2A`s because of the tremendous level of power he wields even among maiar, with Eru as at least 2A. This is also a good time to bring up speed. In all other instances I see no problem with his speed but here, because this is before the concept of speed has been made he should be immeasurable. One more small thing. In this form he should be completely invulnerable to normal damage and the only conceivable way kill him being to destroy fifth dimensional universe he abides in.

About his weakness: The ring was not included here and as such should not be counted as a weakness. It should be noted that the ring is a power up and losing it does not weaken Sauron, only destroying it.

2-A? When were infinite universes mentioned?

And where have you got the strength decrease factor?

Also, a 5D universe?

Looking at Sauron's page, why one of his types of immortality is "divine entity"? And shouldn't he have type 1, given that he is as old as the universe?

I have removed "divine entity".

Possibly yes.

His immortality isn't tied to the ring. He is still alive at the end of the books, he is just powerless and unable to obtain a new physical form.

Saruman is described as 6B on the wiki and became just a wind after 1 death. On the subject of immortality I think he should have perfect immortality as even total destruction could not truly kill him. As for 2A that is simply because of his ability to erase concepts, potentially from an entire 4D multiverse. As for it being exaggerated, keep in mind that he was at his prime state during first age, where there were others with comparable stature, and while at war with elves who could harm those with comparable stature. This boost would raise the bar for every character which probably cancel each other out. Finally I said 2A not high 2A. Cosmic Sauron is 4D tops. Though I do agree this will need a little more work.

I agree with Matthew. Perhaps we should close this thread.

Ok, serious answer.

The power of a Maiar is decreased greatly when they die, yes. However, they eventually regain it when they obtain a new physical form. They are usually weaker, yes, but not remotely to this extent

Perfect immortality is a big no, because there is no evidence that someone like Eru is unable to kill Sauron. I don't even know if a character under 1-A can have it.

I don't even recall reading about the Valar themselves shaping comcepts, Eru is the only one who did something like that.

And, there is absolutely no mention about an infinite multiverse neither in the main books, nor in The Silmarillion. Not even Eru deserves a 2-A

First

In the Morgoth page he has star level attack potency for being capable of destroying the sun. The sun is controlled by a Maia. Sauron is the most powerful Maia, so naturally he should be superior, giving him at least star level.

Second

In Morgoth`s ring it was said by Ulmo that he had not conceived the snowflake, which implies that he conceived a concept similar.

Third

Eru was infinitely superior to any given Aniu. Since Morgoth has universal+ and anyone who is infinitely superior to a universal+ Character is 2A, I think he deserves that title.

Only the 15 Valar are Universal+ among the Malar, not all the countless ones and you cannot scale Sauron to the Valar creating the source-code of the universe with their song, so to speak.

In addition you cannot apply multipliers without any evidence they even exist and do that to every stats. Fiction loves to claim that characters become thousands, millions, or even trillion of times stronger but feats don't reflect that.

Very well. But at least consider this. In the Silmarillion it was said that many Maia were comparable to the valar and my first point on the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back