• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling To MCB Onaga

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
So i did my little watch of Deception's latter half starting from when Shujinko grew old, and he fought the following in his old age. Hotaru, Tanya, Scorpion, & Onaga (i am not counting optional fights or training fights)

So what should we do about this possible scenario? Let's discuss.

I dunno. We should discuss that further since this would be a big boost for some comparable characters.

So Shujinko is scalable from Onaga, and the others are scalable from him?

Well, you can probably change those profiles accordingly then.

I think we should make two tabbers for the timelines for tanya, because in the new one she was defeated by Kotal Kahn and D'Vorah, since in the mkx story mode everyone scales to another, it makes things confusing.

In chapter 2 Kotal Kahn defeats Kano, Tanya, Rain and Mileena.

In chapter 4 Kung Jin defeats Kotal Kahn, Kung Jin is then defeated by Ermac, Ermac is then defeated by Jacqui, so they scale to each-other.

As for who would possibly scale to the ones Shujinko fought, the possible ones would be Havik, (Chaotic foil to the Order loving Hotaru and ruler of Chaosrealm as opposed to the Orderrealm rule of Hotaru) maybe Jade, Kitana, & Sindel (being that they can't be too far off from Tanya's power, Jade has a rivalry with Tanya due to her traitorous nature, Kitana is comparable to Jade, and Sindel should be superior to Kitana, Jade, and Tanya realistically) and possibly anyone who has consistently tussled with Scorpion. *cough* Sub-Zero *cough* (i'm still not sure if the whole Champion Of The Elder Gods thing is a power boost or just a title considering how Shujinko beat him)

So these are the "extra candidates".

In my opinion, not everybody who fought against said characters should scale. (I mean, like every single person who fought against Scorpion should be on his level) At least on Scorpion's case, since it is pretty clear that his power grown since previous incarnations.

On all Mortal Kombats except for X, Scorpion usually got beaten on most of his fights. He gave problems and won against a good lot of people, indeed, but he lost more than he won. On MKX, Scorpion becomes more controlled, resumes training, and he is suddenly kicking the ass of four powerful characters on a row (The first three - Johnny, Cassie and Sonya - while restricting himself to not kill/harm them seriously), before temporarily fighting Shinnok, and only THEN losing. And there's also that he beaten bloodlusted Raiden, and was ready to kill him.

So, MKX Sub-Zero may scale to him, but any other versions were weaker than his MKX form, and stronger than his previous form.

If that's confusing, I'd put this on a chart quite simply: MKX Scorpion > MKX Sub-Zero > Kuai Liang > Scorpion > Bi-Han.

I see your point, which is why i only offered a few select candidates, and we'll see where this goes from here. Also you may be correct on the Scorpion one depending on how one interpets this whole "Champion of the Elder Gods" deal and such.

Well, the enemies were around 10 times weaker than Scorpion, that would put them in the lower ends of City Block, so maybe the ones who fought and lost would be High 8-C/8-B?

Most likely. That is viable when considering & Johnny, who fought and beaten Shinnok. Even with his bloodline's affinity of beating gods, he should be quite high on the MK power list to be able to beat Shinnok.

Hmm. Well how are we interpeting the whole "Champion Of The Elder Gods" thing with Scorpion here?

Oh, didn't saw your reply here, sorry @Skod.

I'm not sure that they are 10 times weaker, but they are weaker than Raiden, Scorpion and alikes, that is for granted.

I'm quite iffy on the "Elder Gods Champion". From one side, I'd love to see Scorpion being upgraded, and it is entirely possible, since he matched Shujinko and gained the power to defeat Onaga. On the other side, as the "Champion of the Elder Gods", he still did quite a poor job at it, and got almost no feats. Even if he can scale to Shujinko and Onaga, he should be on a slightly inferior power-level.

I used 10 times as an extreme low end, so sorry if I caused any confusion. But if they are drastically weaker, then they'd be somewhere in the CB range to low end MCB.

Wait, why would any MK9 and after character scale to Onaga who (I think) did this feat in the original timeline?

LordXcano said:
Wait, why would any MK9 and after character scale to Onaga who (I think) did this feat in the original timeline?
That's... Actually a good question. Perhaps because there is no evidence that said characters became explicitly weaker? I don't know.

They went all the way back to like MK1 periods didn't they? MK3 at the latest. I'd imagine there was quite a bit of training in-between MK1-3 and whenever-Onaga-did-the-thing.

We still don't have any feats in either to suggest that level of power though, I'm pretty sure.

Back