• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scooby and Shaggy Content Revision

For both Scooby and Shaggy

Toon Force or Reality Warping for Scooby (Helped Shaggy in drawing a door that was functional here (Also supporting feat for 9-B normal humans, hurray)

Breaking the Fourth Wall for both Shaggy and Scooby as seen here (If you can't actually see the video, they are pulling that black circle thing that always appear on the end of cartoon movies)

Resistance to Gravity capable of doing this, go to 2:40, and this, go at 1:03

Only Shaggy
Power Mimicry Wished to have Demon Powers which he was able to use against the monsters

Causality Manipulation (Wished for a world without Mystery Inc to which he wished the first wish away

Teleport or Immersion Able to appear suddenly inside of the TV

Toon Force or just more proof of reality warp or some weird version of resistance to ice manipulation capable of making fire using ice cream

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (He is rubber, yeah, pretty much that to be honest, he is already resistant to blunt attacks because he is elastic and all, so uh.... yeah, take that)

Stamina upgrade for Shaggy (Is capable of screaming for three hours without interruption and is more than capable of running for years when afraid enough to do so)

Only Scooby
Time Manipulation with the Time scepter (Capable of controlling time, only for Scooby)

Fixing stuff on Shaggy
Now to fix some stuff that is just wrong on profile.

First off, the Regenerationn, is just low, he broke all the bones of his body, and it was all fixed at the end of the day, comic, whatever.

The resistance to fire (The cave was in fire yes, but it never spat said fire on him, only on Dracula, if he was supposed to get a resistance to heat or something, you should have put the day when he was surfing on lava)

Bonus stuff
Also, just found out that there is a villain in Aloha Scooby Doo: Wiki Tiki who could spit fireballs and launched those on both Shaggy and Scooby, who were okay after that (Worth mentioning that his fireballs were capable of exploding little houses, which should be comparable, since in 0:41, they were in the center of said house when it got exploded (Potential 9-A? No clue)

Are all of these actual powers or just plot convenience? I would prefer to not have the Scooby-Doo pages look any more exaggerated and unreliable in the powers and abilities sections than they already are.

Perhaps we should get rid of the "composite" nature, and strictly use the feats from the regular cartoon? It would cause less visitors to consider us ridiculous.

Antvasima said:
Are all of these actual powers or just plot convenience?
The only ones that could be called Plot convenience would be the causality manipulation one.

Antvasima said:
Perhaps we should get rid of the "composite" nature, and strictly use the feats from the regular cartoon? It would cause less visitors to consider us ridiculous.
I mean, why? We didn't do this to characters like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse, then why only Scooby Doo characters?

Because canonically they do not have any fantastic superhuman powers on their own.

They do actually, in the first cartoon is when Shaggy has shown his numerous magical abilities to summon sandwiches and water out of nowhere, not to mention the magic book that made him use transmutation, the voice throwing ability (That's a thing), painting a door into a wall a la Looney Toons and many other stuff.

Okay. I still think that we should only use the original cartoons as a basis for the profiles though.

Nyukira said:
They do actually, in the first cartoon is when Shaggy has shown his numerous magical abilities to summon sandwiches and water out of nowhere, not to mention the magic book that made him use transmutation,
Links?

Nyukira said:
Sorry don´t have time to look through them all right now, but the first one is from an object Shaggy doesn´t normally have and an object he never uses again.

Also scans for these:

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (He is rubber, yeah, pretty much that to be honest, he is already resistant to blunt attacks because he is elastic and all, so uh.... yeah, take that)

Stamina upgrade for Shaggy (Is capable of screaming for three hours without interruption and is more than capable of running for years when afraid enough to do so)

and Context for these:

Power Mimicry Wished to have Demon Powers which he was able to use against the monsters

Causality Manipulation (Wished for a world without Mystery Inc to which he wished the first wish away

Toon Force or just more proof of reality warp or some weird version of resistance to ice manipulation capable of making fire using ice cream

Because some of these, like the first, could be something different like just Fire Manip or something. Again atm I don have time to look through all of them.

Also:

Toon Force or Reality Warping for Scooby (Helped Shaggy in drawing a door that was functional here (Also supporting feat for 9-B normal humans, hurray)

The link doesn work

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Also scans for these: Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (He is rubber, yeah, pretty much that to be honest, he is already resistant to blunt attacks because he is elastic and all, so uh.... yeah, take that)
Shaggy and scooby end up drinking bottles to give them super powers, scooby got flight and shaggy got elastic powers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjSj7ylxMEM

There isn't much to talk about, is really what's written in the thin, he said that he wanted to be like Demon, discovered that he just needed to swallow his fear to burp fire, yeah, now that I think about it, idk if it is power mimicry but eh.

Shaggy is pissed at Mystery Inc and wishes that they never formed a group, then he goes into a dark world, wishes that it was all a dream, wakes up and somehow, the information from the other world gave him the ability to arrest the true guilty.

Pretty sure that's just Toon Force, besides the whole running away from the monster in weird ways gag.

Shaggy uses ice cream to create fire.

Also:

The link doesn work

Well shit then, I will have to find the source for that as well as I will have to rewatch all of the Scooby Doo episodes, will give you a call when I find the episode.

Here are some of the less frequently asked staff members that you can select from to ask to give input when there are no knowledgeable members available:

Ryukama

Promestein

SomebodyData

Darkanine

Reppuzan

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Soldier Blue

Monarch Laciel

Kaltias

Assaltwaffle

Saikou The Lewd King

Kepekley23

Antoniofer

Gemmysaur

PaChi2

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

Well, as I mentioned, I think that the regular cartoon feats seem fine to use, but composite pages that use the spin-off feats as well seem misleading.

I always thought that there is a reason why we use composite profiles for Scooby-verse. And that is the fact, that they are, more or less, the same characters. Maybe we should do different pages for the super different verses like "Mystery Inc." or "Scooby Apocalypse", but other than that it looks reasonable to keep things as they are.

I am just worried that inserting really outlandish powers for characters that have only displayed them via external equipment in obscure spin-offs seems extremely strange and unreliable for our visitors.

Well, then vsdebaters may just say, whether character uses all of of his equipment or not. It's not that crucial.

It would probably be good to insert clarifications regarding which powers that are only possible to use with specific equipment though.

As far as I remember, the already are present. In most cases. Though I agree with you, this is a good idea.

Yes, the pages need to be modified in this regard.

Dude, the only "outlandish" equipment we have in the characters page is Self Size Manipulation for the characters thanks to the bio-belts, the yellow lantern ring (Which it was already mentioned that Shaggy only has those powers when he has that item), and now Time Manipulation for Scooby thanks to the time scepter.

But I am completely against making pages for sub verses and all.

It IS a composite profile for a reason, I am sure that if visitors would come here, they certainly wouldn't come to see the pages of Scooby Doo and certainly, they would visit the page of someone more known to fight (aka, anime characters).

The feats are really scarce when talking about Scooby Doo, is just that some iterations (Scooby Doo get a clue and Scooby Doo Team-Up) give them a lot more abilities than other versions.

For example, if you decided to create a page for the Mystery Inc from Mystery Incorporated, you would just have a bunch of 10-B characters who have superhuman speed with no other ability.

I don't think is outlanderish considering all the weird stuff that happened to them, after all.

Antvasima said:
That...doesn't seem right.

Well, you still need to insert parentheses into the pages, that clarify which powers that are due to equipment.

@Ant I mean to be fair, the logic regarding the Scooby profiles would fit into a lot of profiles (Like the Mickey Mouse composite)

@Nyu I'll check on things once a few more staff give their opinion, I have hw so I can't really check on things thoroughly rn.

Ant, remember that the whole "optional equipment" solves the issue of infrequently used items.

Will check the rest later since this is long and has a lot of links.

Well, here is the equipment that gives them more abilities if you guys want the optional equipment or whatever.

For Shaggy and Scooby
When using Yellow Ring (Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Portal Creation, Forcefield Creation, Size Manipulation and Flight)

Only Scooby
Time Manipulation via Time Scepter

Here is what Scooby has shown when using the Nanite Scooby Snacks

Literally everyone in the Mystery Inc.
Bio-Belt (Size Manipulation, they can get small as atom does and reverse so that they aren't that size anymore.)

@SomebodyData & Wokistan

Well, I just want it clarified within the profiles which powers that are due to various items, in order to avoid misunderstandings.

There are probably several other composite profiles that need a similar treatment though, but that doesn't mean that this is a bad idea.

@Nyukira

That seems fine, although it should also be clarified which abilities that are due to nanite Scooby snacks, or something else. Scooby used to be described as a shapeshifter for example.

So why was Scooby Apocalypse stuff removed from Shaggy again? I mean characters like Godzilla and others involve all thier information. But it that was removed, so should the live-action feats.

Because Scooby Apocalypse is so different in terms of tone, abilities, and characterisation that it is the same characters in name only.

I think that it is a very bad idea to make profiles for popular characters almost unrecogniseable for our visitors.

I do not know. Several wrongs do not make a right, and we cannot maintain absolute consistency. I just think that it will seem very strange and unreliable to our visitors.

I think that the main profiles should only cover the cartoons.

Okay. I would appreciate if you can do so. I am extremely busy.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Well he has feats from the films. Those should be removed and a note should be on the profile.
No we don't, the only feat that could be confused to a movie feat is a intelligence feat on Scooby profile that comes from a game in which he also get a scientist boosts.

Antvasima said:
I think that the main profiles should only cover the cartoons.
Wait, am I being told that I am supposed to go make pages for each one of the comic version of the Scooby Doo characters?

Well, an alternative is to simply better clarify which of their powers that are natural, and which are due to equipment within the profile pages.

Back