• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scooby Doo Revisions (Because I felt offended no one called me)

Hello, I'm the guy who made the Scooby Doo pages using composite versions of them (Before they were changed into 'cartoon' and 'Scooby Apocalypse')

But let's go by parts I see no one mentioned.

All Characters
How come they always get the CRT treatment when I'm not even there?

And why did we change the Composite to Cartoon? Can I make a third page for an actual composite? Or do I have to now, create 20 pages for each iteration of Scooby Doo characters?

9-C? Why can't them scale to their durability? Because they had a feat that gave a less of a result?

Acausality (Type 1) is because of the ending of Mystery Incorporated in which the The Evil Entity rebooted their world and only the Scooby Gang and two other characters could remember the previous timeline.

Size Manipulations is because of Bio Belt which are also in the Team Up Comics.

Shaggy
The Sealing on Scooby and Shaggy page (Chest of Demons) was part of the old cartoon 'Scooby Doo and the Chest of Demons'

Shaggy Regenerationn was based on a comic where he was ran over and at the end of the day, he completely recovered from a completely broken body.

Summoning is a one off yes on Scooby Doo and the Goblin King.

Walking on Water on Scooby and Shaggy page is a thing on the movie with Black Samurai

The resistances were based on a cartoon movie (The Mind resistance one) and Team Ups comics (Same to Scooby)

Scooby Doo
Scooby Nanites are a thing of Scooby Doo get a clue, no clue why it was taken off (See what I did there.)

Breathe in Space (I actually don't know why that was there? I think I put it after watching the Scooby Doo KISS movie but I'm not sure.)

Daphne
Meh

Fred
I don't remember any crocodile feat either???

Besides that one guy that was dressed as a crocodile in a movie and that Shaggy broke a 2x4 on the dude's head???

Velma
The robot feat is from this episode But I can't remember if it was Velma who did it or it was something else and I misinterpreted

End
Overall confused as to why there's Alternative Scooby Doo timelines being used here but whatever.

Can someone pretty please tell me if I can make an ACTUAL Composite page that no one will fuss around? Now that we have a Cartoon Only and a Scooby Apocalypse, I feel like I can, but I want to ask for permission before hand.

Here are our Editing Rules for this:

Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.

• Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. However, these profiles should not include exceedingly extraordinary or underwhelming feats and abilities from notable individuals of a species, and the viability of these profiles are determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
  • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite.

Scaling AP from Durability is not allowed.

Mystery Incorporated is non-canon to the original, as are Be Cool and Guess Who. They would have to have their own profile tabs.

There are three modern comics Where Are You, Team-Up, and Apocalypse. Apocalyse is obviously non-canon and has its own tab. The Team-Up comics look like a bunch of one-shots. Do they use the Bio Belts in numerous issues of the Team-Up Comics? If so, I suppose that could be put back on there as Bio Belts (Team-Up Comics Only).

Shaggy - Was the Sealing because of a power they had or was it the chest that had the power and they simply used it? Which comic featured the regen? Walking on water requires 67 mph (30 m/s) and appears to be an outlier (probably added into the movie because of its connection to ninjas). Shaggy's mind resist is inconsistent. He gets hypnotized here.

Scooby - Get a Clue features vastly different animation style. That's the only time (that I know of) that Scooby Snacks are anything other than dog biscuits. If anything, that particular timeline deserves it's own tab...which would basically be Shaggy and Scooby only since the rest of the gang isn't even in it for the most part.

Velma - I didn't have a reference for the robot feat. Either way, to give her any rating based off it, the feat would have to be calculated and evaluated by a calc member and depending on the result, determined whether said feat is an outlier or not (Ex. Roshi's Moon Buster).

Should we bother listing things that are obviously one-offs? Perhaps move them from the general P/A section and make a section below for movie-specific P/A's?

Ex. Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf (1988): Werewolf Transformation (Temporary).

Maybe create a page for the Nanite Scooby Snacks, detailing all the (temporary?) powers they can give and then list them as optional equipment: Nanite Scooby Snacks (Get a Clue Only).

Since TheAtomicLight said so. The guy's a bureaucrat for scoobypedia, so I assumed he knew what he was talking about. Also, here's the latest on his wall (on Scoobypedia) concering canon:

"This is gonna be annoying, but after discussing the canon with Muddlemore, we found it best to restore the Get a Clue character pages because even though they're canon, they're still separate, like alternate continuations, and it would be better dedicating them as separate pages, which would include Pup, 80s movie stuff and 90s movie stuff. It's a work in progress."

Here's his suggestions for canon, from his wall on Scoobypedia:

TheAtomicLight

Scooby-Doo, Shaggy Rogers, Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, and Scrappy-Doo (and possibly certain others) should be changed into pages that just a disambiguation gallery page like they do at Marvel Database and DC Database. But where does that leave for all this information and whatnot? Well, I propose the following:

Do we need this many canons? Idk. Probably not, unless they appear to be radically different. His opinion on Get a Clue fits with my own (it's a totally different animation style with isolated changes - Nanite Scooby Snacks, Shaggy has a robot/power armor thing, etc.).

There should at least be a separation between "Classic" and "Modern" at the very least (or if not Classic/Modern, perhaps Guys in Masks/Real Monsters). Perhaps an "Animated Movieverse", a "Live-Action Movieverse", etc. It wouldn't be 18+ canons, but there's probably enough differences between them to justify different profiles.

I am fine with Kyle's conclusions. Thank you for helping out.

No, because I don't consider myself an expert on the verse. There's a vast amount of it I haven't seen...like most of the modern stuff and the comics. I have passing familiarity at best.

Well, you know more than the rest of us here, so it would be useful if we can easily find you in the future for content revision discussions.

Wait so we're using stuff from a knowledgeable fan rather then official stuff to determine what is and isn't canon? Also isn't the current 9-C feat that for some reason replaced the 9-B feat not even a feat since it got retconned into being an illusion thanks you RTZI? I still feel like it should be simpler to make it like Loony Tunes profiles and specifically not include radically different continuities

Genericstickman said:
I still feel like it should be simpler to make it like Loony Tunes profiles and specifically not include radically different continuities
That might be simpler in this case, yes.

There wasn't an actual, calculated and evaluated feat that put them at 9-B. There was scaling from Durability to AP, which I'm almost certain isn't allowed.

If you're going to treat it like Loony Tunes, I won't be surprised when I see 4-B Shaggy and Velma from that one time they temporarily got Captain Marvel's powers.

Do what you want, I wash my hands of this.

Well, if characters with a certain durability can hurt each other it scales to AP as well, so that should probably be fixed.

Anyway, I would very much appreciate your help with solving the problems with the Scooby Doo profiles.

I'll go change them back to 9-B then.

They need a lot more feats, which include the sources, calculations, and evaluations (preferably with multiple instances of comparable feats occurring rather than one offs that may be outliers) before I'd bother with this again.

Thank you.

Well, you can try to find such feats, and then ask some calc group members to calculate them.

Back