• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-096 has a weakness now

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Well, it comes from a tale written by a "god tier" on the SCP wiki, the story was made by him and SCP Illustrated. If you ask what a tale is, is the equivalent of a "What if? story" in the SCP universe, and this one was written by a "god tier", so I think this can be used.

The Termination of SCP-096 ft
The Termination of SCP-096 ft. Dr Cimmeria

So you know I am not lying: Here it is and here is the user

TL;DW: What is the weakness? SCP-096's Regenerationn comes from its bone marrow, when 173 hit it extremely hard in the neck, it broke the 4th vertebrae and "shut down" its Regenerationn for a few hours, in that time some scientists proceeded to put acid on said wound and it melt.

For something to be accepted it's not so much about whether the writer's a "god tier" or not, it's based around the longevity, consistency, and rating of the page.

And that tale seems good enough to be accepted, assuming it doesn't contradict already-established events.

Agnaa said:
For something to be accepted it's not so much about whether the writer's a "god tier" or not
So, a user with 0 reputation has the same validity as an user that has been there for 6 years and has insanely high reputation? That is like saying an admin here is worth nothing next to a new user...

Well yeah, if a user with insanely high reputation writes an extreme contradictory outlier we won't accept it, and if a new user writes something minor, reasonable, in line with a character's feats then we'd accept it.

The content's consistency and acceptance is what matters; not the author's. If a new user writes something that gets widely accepted we'll accept it, if an established user writes something which is widely rejected then we won't accept it.

Agnaa said:
The content's consistency and acceptance is what matters; not the author's. If a new user writes something that gets widely accepted we'll accept it, if an established user writes something which is widely rejected then we won't accept it.
I will answer it:

1) Consistency: Yes, 096's regen takes a while to kick in. And in human bodies, cell generation comes from the bone marrow

2) Reception: Is good among the users, I don't see people screaming "Lore is broken"

Just read through that tale and i can tell you right now that it wont last, it breaks so many rules and the formatting is horrible

WeeklyBattles said:
Just read through that tale and i can tell you right now that it wont last, it breaks so many rules and the formatting is horrible
Say that to the 38 upvotes and the user behind it. It is well accepted and 096's regen takes a while to kick in.

Maybe we should wait a few more weeks to see how the response develops.

Agnaa said:
Maybe we should wait a few more weeks to see how the response develops.
It's been there since October 31st, if it was considered bad, it would have been nuked by the site.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Numbers Tales and articles with hundreds of upvotes have been deleted before
Any citations?

@Numbers There was a tale that established the origin of the scarlet king that recieved universal acceptance that was deleted, as was the original article for SCP-3812

WeeklyBattles said:
Also the guy kinda explicitly states its non-cano
"I think a key phrase here is "there is no canon." There's no official "this skip's dead" announcements anywhere. Heck, we've got multiple deaths for 682 but people still keep proposing new ways to do them in. If you want to kill 096 though, by all means do it! As long as you can keep it entertaining and worthwhile, write up a tale killing the guy."-A high tier of the wiki You meant that?

The written article doesn't state it, not even in the comments, the video does... but the article was first

Weekly, has anyone told you that you are always on the defensive? Calm down for once in your wikia life, each time you disagree with something, you go ballistic

If the author explicitly says the tale isn't canon, even if it's not in the tale itself, I think it should still be assumed to be non-canon.

No, it's not

And it is a "Tale", aka a "What if?", that means it has validity to a degree. The video maker said that "He wanted to give an idea", and the co-author made it a tale, so it has validity due to being written as a tale

Tales aren't necessarily "What if?"s, many are canon and linked to in official files.

Some of Able's feats also come from tales btw, one of them comes from a "What if?" in which the SCP foundation never existed and it fights a squad of soldiers and murders some of them before getting its spine broken.

Then that feat shouldn't scale since it's an AU. Not because it's from a tale, but because it's from an AU.

Nah, just wanted to say that they are supported from other stuff in their articles.

SCP-096's tale termination comes from the fact that 096 takes a while to heal, it can be considered consistent IMO, considering it used an established minor-weakness.

Back