• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-2722 Revision

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Brought this up a couple days ago, but decided it's probably best to make a thread about it.

SCP-2722 is currently rated as 4-A for a calc of destroying a star system, resulting in ~42 teraFoe. However, the major problem here is that this result was reached by calculating the destruction of the Hyades cluster, which as you may gather from the name, isn't a star system at all. It's a star cluster, which contains numerous star systems.

Based on the other calc on SCP-2722's page, it should be moved down to 4-B for violently destroying Cassiopeia, which resulted in ~309 kiloFoe.

I'm pretty sure the only other profile this affects is SCP-682.

I have no idea what destroying a trinary star system (the most common type) would yield, but I'd assume somewhere within the kiloFoe to megaFoe range, so it could be worth it.

Because SCP-2722's firepower, which was the main thing that let him win, is now highly dwarfed.

DMUA said:
So I guess the 4-B royale is wrong?

I'm pretty sure 2722 survived by locking down and running away to another part of the universe or reality, not because of something relating to power.

Unless you mean something leading up to that point.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/2722tech

Instance #: 14-3521

Classification: Weapons system Primary

Language: Hungarian

Technical Contents: A kinetic delivery mechanism for medium-sized projectiles, most likely modified thermonuclear weapons, of which several are stored nearby. Stored weapons appear to be similar to the Teller―Ulam design, although initial studies indicate that enhancement with SCP-ÔûêÔûêÔûê or similar substances may have [DATA EXPUNGED]everal orders of magnitude.

• "How quaint."
  • "This was not made in my country. Such shoddy workmanship should be rewarded with a firing squad."
  • "DO NOT USE. Blast radius exceeds maximum range."
Im almost positive the SCP being referred to is SCP-540. It would make sense as the modified weapons are described as having a blast radius that exceeds the area of effect, with the AoE being the land mass plants can grow on seeing as a 75 megaton nuke alone is enough to cover 1/3 of a planet in trees, and the modified nukes are exponentially stronger, and plants cant grow in space. Plus the nukes are described as being enhanced by an SCP from the first 999, with 540 being within that group, and despite the entry being written in Hungarian, it describes the weapons as not being Hungarian in origin, fitting perfectly with how Hungary and the Soviet Union had economic and miltary relations during the Soviet Era, the time period in which 540 originates.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Unless you mean something leading up to that point.
As in him preforming the second mass wipe would end up getting tanked by anyone who survived Supernova.

It also makes sense since the weapons use the Teller-Ulam design, the same design the Tsar Bomba used, and 540 includes a modified versio of the Tsar Bomba

I'm pretty sure it was him throwing Solar Systems everywhere.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I more meant what should we write in the brackets after "Plant Manipulation"? The power itself seems fine.
Plant Manipulation (Creates plants upon detonation due to being enhanced with SCP-540)

It sounds fine.

Also, 2722 throwing 10,000 SSs at a time close to the speed of light would certainly be in the GigaFoe range, I think.

Might as well poit out one thing (Not necessarily because it needs to be removed, but it needs to be discussed):

Resistance to Heat near Absolute Zero and Radiation, Black Holes, Gravity Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Durability Negation, and Matter Manipulation

^ Those resistances are given because 2722 could survive being swallowed by a black hole.

A black hole does those things, yes. The temperature of the event horizon is extremely high, the temperature of the singularity is nigh-absolute zero, it emits radiations, it's a black hole (duh), it distorts space-time/gravity and it destroy things on a quantum level (Not sure why it would be resistant to durability negation in general tho).

The problem is, do we grant all those resistances for surviving a BH in general? Because as far as i know, characters are usually given only resistance to gravity manip/black holes, unless the other properties are specifically mentioned. For example, Geo Stelar doesn't have all those resistances.

Back