• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scp 3812 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeinx1

He/Him
Hi everyone, Today I will make an attempt to raise this situation because the character scp 3812 is in a lower tier than it should be.first of all, the foundation is making a measuring instrument called hume for the changes in reality in the universe. https://imgur.com/gallery/mllBwyV and while this instrument can measure the value of all reality manipulators, the ability of scp 3812 is said to be "immeasurable". https://imgur.com/gallery/p6F9WMg because of this promise, I think it is right to make scp 3812 immeasurable layer to reality warping hax. and at the same time, since we know that reality warping hax affects tiers, I want it to be 0^immesurable in the same way. but since scp 3812 is 1-a on the site now, we need to make it 0 first.3812 itself stated that it would eventually rise above the whole of creation and the infinite hierarchy of narratives that make it up, that everything would be beneath it, that there would be nothing left to transcend but itself, and that even after that it would continue to transcend itself forever. As a being that can ascend the hierarchy of narratives, it replaces everything that replaces it. Such a being, as the ultimate result of the logic of creation, will be forced to take its place as the pinnacle above all other peaks, constantly spiraling upward through the layers of reality. A tower that, as part of its design, must be higher than all other towers, including itself https://imgur.com/gallery/bKhUzV8
these narratives pile on top of each other and each sees the one below as inherently fictional. and we know that it transcends all that I have proved. https://imgur.com/gallery/6elLMtj this achievement is h1b without additional values. but it says on the site that the narrative is the same thing as patasphere https://imgur.com/gallery/6elLMtjand the patasphere is at tier 0 on the site. there are infinite of them and each of the pataspheres exceeding each other will reach tier 0^infinite. but even if this doesn't happen, since patasphere is minimum 0, scp 3812 will also be at tier 0 (since it exceeds it) and with the event I described before, 0^ immesurable.proof= https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-3812

Sorry but no.

First of all, following Placeholder model, SCP-3812 does not scale to the whole narrativistics, but to fake narratives. See articles like Narrativistics and you or SCP-682 Termination Log attempt for more information

Second of all, Reality Warping does not affect tiers the way you're saying it does, and his Hume ammount being immeasurable does not mean "immeasurable layers to reality warper hax", I doubt that term is even used here.

Sorry but no.

First of all, following Placeholder model, SCP-3812 does not scale to the whole narrativistics, but to fake narratives. See articles like Narrativistics and you or SCP-682 Termination Log attempt for more information

Second of all, Reality Warping does not affect tiers the way you're saying it does, and his Hume ammount being immeasurable does not mean "immeasurable layers to reality warper hax", I doubt that term is even used here.
no, there is no mention of false narratives, unfortunately. The words that scp 682 utters are already in line with the 2nd possibility that the Foundation says about scp 3812. there he says that he didn't die, he just went beyond reality so he was no longer related to 682. also there are 2 types of narratives, anti-narrative and normal narrative, there is no other type of narrative. i would like you to find what you call a false narrative from a story and throw it to me
also, if a value has the expression "immeasurable" on it, why can't it get an unmeasurable layer? what is wrong with it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/9KuyjIP

no, there is no mention of false narratives, unfortunately.
Yes, there is. Check Narrativistics and You, please. It is explicitely explained in SCP cosmology blog
The words that scp 682 utters are already in line with the 2nd possibility that the Foundation says about scp 3812. there he says that he didn't die, he just went beyond reality so he was no longer related to 682.
I'm talking about the interaction with a book which created a lower narrative where 682 stalmated with 3812, not his "interaction" with 3812 which is less than 2 months old and, as consequence, not considered canon on this wiki
also there are 2 types of narratives, anti-narrative and normal narrative, there is no other type of narrative. i would like you to find what you call a false narrative from a story
Check Narrativistics and you, or just the note which explains why in SCP profile
also, if a value has the expression "immeasurable" on it, why can't it get an unmeasurable layer? what is wrong with it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/9KuyjIP
Being immeasurable ≠ Immeasurable layers of reality warping. First of all, you must prove that by adding 1 Hume value your reality warping is 1 layer above the last, and then it may be a possibility. Although it would not grant immeasurable layers, since it is immeasurable to SCP Foundation methods, and in the very article it is said that it may be because 3812 operates in a system different to Hume.

Anyway, that won't give 3812 any tier upgrade

Yes, there is. Check Narrativistics and You, please. It is explicitely explained in SCP cosmology blog

I'm talking about the interaction with a book which created a lower narrative where 682 stalmated with 3812, not his "interaction" with 3812 which is less than 2 months old and, as consequence, not considered canon on this wiki

Check Narrativistics and you, or just the note which explains why in SCP profile

Being immeasurable ≠ Immeasurable layers of reality warping. First of all, you must prove that by adding 1 Hume value your reality warping is 1 layer above the last, and then it may be a possibility. Although it would not grant immeasurable layers, since it is immeasurable to SCP Foundation methods, and in the very article it is said that it may be because 3812 operates in a system different to Hume.

Anyway, that won't give 3812 any tier upgrade
first of all, one thing you say does not match the other. you are now changing the story you gave. you are really strange. also, I read the narratology part, but there is no false narrative situation as you say? also, if it is in a higher narrative, it can interact with the lower narrative. there is no problem in this, not every r>f gives hde, after all

we know that it does not necessarily have to be seen as fiction in order to get a layer. and a reality warping that cannot be measured with a hum value of 1 can be measured with a hume value of 2, and this is already told many times in the story of scp 3812. scp 3812's working in a different concept than hume and exceeding it are linked in the links I posted as imgur. it means that it stands above the unmeasurable hume value again with the 2nd possibility

Interesting agrees.
Can you prove the whole Hume values = layered reality warping stuff? If the Patasphere being the same thing as the narrative is true, then I agree with Tier 0 shenanigans.

"Humes: A Hume is a way to determine a given area's strength and/or amount of reality. This is used to determine the strength of reality warpers and/or environments with reality warping properties. The nature of reality warping in SCP is divided into two data sets, the Hume level of the surrounding area, and the Hume level of a reality warper/anomaly. Should the Hume level of an object/person be more than the baseline reality around them, they are classified as a reality warper. Due to the nature of Humes, it is possible to neutralize a reality-altering anomaly through the equalization of Hume levels between the anomaly and baseline reality. This is usually done with a Scranton Reality Anchor, but can sometimes also be achieved by reality warpers themselves. A Kant counter is an instrument that measures Humes"

From here. If I understand this correctly, it means that people with higher Hume levels can neutralize the reality warping of people with lower Hume levels? I think this would qualify for layered hax in the case of 3812 having immeasurable humes or whatever but I'm not sure.

Interesting agrees.
Can you prove the whole Hume values = layered reality warping stuff? If the Patasphere being the same thing as the narrative is true, then I agree with Tier 0 shenanigans.
as explained, hume values have layers such as low, high, etc. to give an example (there is no such thing, purely example) scp 343 can be measured with a low hume value, while scp 239 cannot be measured.

because the hume value is insufficient. there is a superiority between them (https://imgur.com/gallery/5lEMWzE)

patasphere = for narrative (https://imgur.com/gallery/5lEMWzE)

"Narratives: A narrative, also known as a Universal Narrative or the Patasphere, is the space where an entire canon/storyline exists. Each time an author imagines a universe, a Universal Narrative is created/filled. The events of this universe follow the narrative they are associated with, as well as the authors' will when actively taking part in it. Canons can be allowed to interact with each other to create local multiverses. Narratives exist both below, besides, and above the main SCP narratives, with an infinite stack of authors existing above and occasionally below it."

Well, that's also from the SCP Foundation general terms page. It lists narratives and Patasphere as basically synonymous. Unless someone can prove the whole fake narratives thing, I agree with this thread.

unrelated to crt, but I have a question for you, can you give me your discord address, I would like to talk to you (this is the first time I see a turk with so many messages on vsb)
Alright, I will dm you

you are really strange. also, I read the narratology part, but there is no false narrative situation as you say?
Br uh
also, if it is in a higher narrative, it can interact with the lower narrative. there is no problem in this, not every r>f gives hde, after all
Not related with what I'm saying
we know that it does not necessarily have to be seen as fiction in order to get a layer. and a reality warping that cannot be measured with a hum value of 1 can be measured with a hume value of 2, and this is already told many times in the story of scp 3812. scp 3812's working in a different concept than hume and exceeding it are linked in the links I posted as imgur. it means that it stands above the unmeasurable hume value again with the 2nd possibility
Which does not mean immeasurable layers of reality warping. Layers here are given when a character can affect someone who has inherent resistance to the ability he's using. 3812 is not the case here, and even if he was, it still would not grant any upgrade

"An example of such contradictory models that would be reduced to smaller-scale, localized cosmologies would be the stack of narratives as defined by Djkaktus in SCP-3812. This cosmology posits a set of narrative layers that extends infinitely in both downwards and upwards direction, which stands in harsh contradiction with the Placeholder-Ike Model, where the Narrative stack has a well-defined starting point (A universe with 0 narrative dimensions) and continues from there. Therefore, the cosmology presented by SCP-3812's article would be constrained to a single Canon, and be effectively a lesser stack of narratives than Placeholder's."

NVM I take the agree back.

Br uh

Not related with what I'm saying

Which does not mean immeasurable layers of reality warping. Layers here are given when a character can affect someone who has inherent resistance to the ability he's using. 3812 is not the case here, and even if he was, it still would not grant any upgrade
Now, first of all, you need to prove what you say in some way because it is said that it is an instrument for measuring reality warping for humeler and it is said that it cannot be measured for scp 3812, how is it irrelevant? https://imgur.com/gallery/p6F9WMg

Now, first of all, you need to prove what you say in some way because it is said that it is an instrument for measuring reality warping for humeler and it is said that it cannot be measured for scp 3812, how is it irrelevant? https://imgur.com/gallery/p6F9WMg
Because it would not upgrade SCP-3812 to Boundless. Instead of asking me how it is irrelevant, tell me why 3812 being impossible to be measured by Humes would upgrade him.

Because it would not upgrade SCP-3812 to Boundless. Instead of asking me how it is irrelevant, tell me why 3812 being impossible to be measured by Humes would upgrade him.
You don't fully understand the scale, hume values have nothing to do with being 0. After making it 0, hume values come into play.

I've deleted the derailing posts talking about sockpuppets, and low-effort joking. If there is a legitimate concern it should be brought to RVR. Unless you are participating in the debate please refrain from unnecessary comments.

Captura_de_tela_2023-11-25_084354.png

You don't fully understand the scale, hume values have nothing to do with being 0. After making it 0, hume values come into play.
Please, put the sources of your claims, as afaik now Hume values do not grant not are related in any way with tier 0.

Anyway, going by what you said (tier 0 is not related with Hume values), then this is pointless; because, as I've already explained, SCP-3812 does not scale to the narratives you're trying to scale him to

Please, put the sources of your claims, as afaik now Hume values do not grant not are related in any way with tier 0.

Anyway, going by what you said (tier 0 is not related with Hume values), then this is pointless; because, as I've already explained, SCP-3812 does not scale to the narratives you're trying to scale him to
scp 3812 gets tier from narratives as you said you have not proved that the narratives scp 3812 transcends are fake and you have not proved that there is such a thing as a fake narrative. also this is very illogical because vs battles wiki currently gets tier from narrative transcendence

scp 3812 gets tier from narratives as you said you have not proved that the narratives scp 3812 transcends are fake and you have not proved that there is such a thing as a fake narrative. also this is very illogical because vs battles wiki currently gets tier from narrative transcendence
...I have literally sent you an article of SCP Foundation which says so, and the SCP Foundation cosmology page which literally explains why that's the case.

Please... read

...I have literally sent you an article of SCP Foundation which says so, and the SCP Foundation cosmology page which literally explains why that's the case.

Please... read
I read it, but I didn't see anything about the transcendence of scp 3812 being fake. as I said, now the site takes tiers from transcendence

I read it, but I didn't see anything about the transcendence of scp 3812 being fake. as I said, now the site takes tiers from transcendence
1 article literally says it is not ascending real narratives as the (Placeholder) author is always in control of it; the other one uses SCP 682 termination log attemp to demostrate 3812 does not ascend Placeholder model narratives, but fake narratives within Placeholder ones. How does that not imply that it does not trascend Placeholder narratives?

1 article literally says it is not ascending real narratives as the (Placeholder) author is always in control of it; the other one uses SCP 682 termination log attemp to demostrate 3812 does not ascend Placeholder model narratives, but fake narratives within Placeholder ones. How does that not imply that it does not trascend Placeholder narratives?
There is no such thing as a false narrative in the scp 682 termination diary attempt, it's just another dark place, and 3812 is already beyond the author, the author cannot have control over 3812.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Im3taiL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back