• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-682 vs. Guts: The goal is containment

Exactly what it sounds like in the thread-title. Somehow Guts from Berserk is in the SCP-verse and is in the area when SCP-682 breaches containment from its facility and destroys all the heavy military equipment in the facility needed to put it down for re-containment before escaping, and Guts encounters it upon its escape. As he engages it in epic badass combat, the SCP Foundation keeps their distance for now to see how the situation unfolds. Their hope is that Guts can hack it up and disable it long enough for re-establishment of containment (because obviously he can't kill it) before it adapts enough to become even more dangerous and before the strike team arrives that they has been called in from another Foundation site.

Guts is at his peak of strength during the Black Swordsman arc, and has all his equipment except the Berserker Armor. So he has some advantage in attack-potency (we assume there is nothing nearby for 682 to absorb to power-up, so 682 is High 8-C while Guts is 8-B) and an advantage in melee combat speed. However, 682 has its regenerative healing-factor and superintelligence.

Can Guts incapacitate 682 for long enough for the SCP Foundation basic on-site team to move in and reestablish containment? Or will SCP-682 kill Guts as it has so many other victims, and go unstopped until the more advanced Foundation Strike Team arrives?

Personally, I believe Guts would take this, since he has managed to pull off wins against building-level beings which have a healing-factor (such as The Count). But due to the level and nature of 682's adaptive-healing-factor and its superintelligence, this could be the toughest fight of Guts' life.

Something interesting to note. Despite SCP-682's healing factor and adaptability, acid keeps it weakened in it's containment cell, while regular bullets can be used to re-contain it. While not confirmed, I believe that 682 actually has trouble (or simply cant) adapt to very simple means of harming it. While obviously it can heal, it has shown that bullets can still temporarily put it down, why not a massive sword? Given Guts' monstrous vitality and experience with fighting such creatures, I'd say Guts could probably survive long enough for a re-containment unit to arrive.

Guts is stronger and faster, he can't kill 682 but can containment it, I think that he doesn't even have to use the Berserk armor to do that

I guess it depends on which depiction of 682 (in terms of its level of regen-factor) we are talking about.

That's the problem with SCP's in versus-battles, feats in the SCP-verse are HIGHLY inconsistent because of the differering authorship of the various tales.

Also, IMO Guts needs to be downgraded to superhuman-to-subsonic speed-tier, I've opened a discussion on his page explaining (in METICULOUS detail) my reasons for believing so as one of the most obsessive Berserk fans on the planet (I've read every chapter like five to ten times, seriously). So with that in mind the speed-difference (if any) between these two should be a lot closer than one would think. Meanwhile, any attacks from SCP-682 can definitely badly hurt Guts, thing is Large Buildilng Level after all.

Keep in mind that the tale where SCP-076 is able to subdue SCP-682 is completely non-can'on, as are the vast majority of tales in which small amounts of normal gunfire and comparable things are able to suppress 682.' The fact is that SCP-682 is quite a high-level regenerator and is able to adapt parts of its body into armor.

SCP-682 also has a "rage state" very similar to Guts' own "Berserker State" when it is sufficiently harmed. It can keep fighting with as much as 70% of its body-mass hacked away into tiny pieces. And as a last-resort defense it can open miniature black-hole type thingies for brief moments.

The canon, non-nerfed version of SCP-682 should be able to, at the very least, give Guts a hard time, at least as hard a time as the Count did or so I would think. ANd could possibly be the winner instead, it's really hard to say. . . . .

There's also the fact that his Dragonslayer sword would not be any more effective against 682 than against any ordinary physical matter (unlike how it's super-effective against Apostles and stuff) since 682 does not have a soul.

Back