• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Foundation

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I am considering deleting these profiles.

They are strictly fan characters that are not used in any notable official works. They are just profiles, and nothing else. Not fully realised fleshed out characters in their own right. Concepts without substance. Drafts without a script. It sets a bad precedent for the rest of the wiki to allow them.

I, personally, don't have problem with them.

But, if most of users against SCP Foundation - then we should delete it.

I agree with A6colute. I don't really have any issue with the profiles themselves. In fact, I actually enjoy them as I think they are pretty unique and add variety to our site.

However, I do see your point about them not being from any official works and easily can be considered fan creations. That and they are also simple profiles with little substance outside of these profiles (except that there are stories/tales involving SCP's that expand upon their information, but these create huge canon contradictions)

I am indifferent on this issue overall. If you or the community want them gone or choose to keep them, I will be fine with either choice.

Depends on if the "fiction" has a consistent canon story and not a fiction where multiple people have different looks on the story

If its the latter than i guess we could delete it if not then i dont think we should

It has no story at all. It is just a bunch of fan-created character profiles.

As I said, there are many different stories involving the SCP's all by different authors with varying degrees of consistency (much like Marvel and DC). If we do keep the pages, then we would need to strictly base them off the SCP Foundation's main SCP profiles and not take any side stories into account.

Okay. That might change things. I thought that it was just a bunch of incoherent profile pages.

Well if it's consistent story wise we can keep it because marvel and dc are consistent with their stories just not their fights and things vs related

Well the probelm is that I am unsure if the stories themselves are consistent/canon to eachother. Any Foundation member can make a story if they choose, and a lot of them involve parallel versions of the SCP's from different universes. So I am unsure if it can even be considered official stories.

If the pages are kept, then the only info we can base their stats off of are the ones explicitly mentioned on their official Foundation pages.

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to comment here or if it's only for Admins/Bureaucrats, but concerning the canon of SCP, everything on the foundation website is cannon, including the experimentation logs and interactions between SCPs, as well as the game itself. Everything other than that is probably questionable.

Alright, just wanted to be sure. But like I said, the game and everything on the main website is cannon. The other stories are up to debate.

Okay. Never mind then. Thanks to everyone who offered input.

Back