• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sea Monster vs Sea Demigod: Kraken vs Percy Jackson

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I won't be able to contribute much but eh, it's a fun idea and Jacky seemed into it. Here goes. Speed unequal (Mach 62 Percy vs Casually-Fights-Mach-64 Kraken), fight takes place on a ship by an island directly by the Kraken's lair on the Sword Coast. Base Percy is used, only standard equipment.

Percy Jackso:

Krake: 4 (LSirLancelot, Armorchompy, ZacharyGrossman, Spino)

Incon:

Percy isn't actually 6C he's been agreed to be downgraded, it's just that no one has bothered to make a thread for the new tiers

Following, Can't quite give a reasoning yet but I do think Percy takes it high-diff

InfiniteSped said:
Percy isn't actually 6C he's been agreed to be downgraded, it's just that no one has bothered to make a thread for the new tiers </div>
We can ignore that for now-

InfiniteSped said:
Percy isn't actually 6C he's been agreed to be downgraded, it's just that no one has bothered to make a thread for the new tiers </div>
I'm aware downgrades were discussed, but we figured this was still an incredibly aesthetic matchup

Ah. That's quite the difference. Is 23 Gigatoms when he's out of the water? Because if so then he gets a good boost in the water

Jackythejack said:
Ah. That's quite the difference. Is 23 Gigatoms when he's out of the water? Because if so then he gets a good boost in the water
I assume so, yes. We discussed it before and we know it isn't actually the nearly 4x difference it looks like, but Kraken does have a significant advantage. We just dunno how much.

Well, then on water Percy can spam his biggest waves and has some decent regen and stamina. His sword attacks the essence of monsters and can hurt souls, iirc, so ir he can hit slash through the skin he might be able to take it out

InfiniteSped said:
Well, then on water Percy can spam his biggest waves and has some decent regen and stamina. His sword attacks the essence of monsters and can hurt souls, iirc, so ir he can hit slash through the skin he might be able to take it out
Resistance to soul manip is a basic D&D thing, Kraken resists it on a slightly-above-baseline-4-D level. Other stuff is likely valid though I'm unsure of how big waves affects a thing purely underwater that scoffs at tsunamis.

I don't think Anaklusmos can hurt souls I think it just hurts ghosts and spirits. Backbiter rips the soul out of your body apparnetly but that's Luke's sword

I think the regular demigod weapons can as well, Jason's soul was damaged when he got stabbed by one of those Imperial Gold weapons, iirc

InfiniteSped said:
Anyway, how big is the kraken?
big enough to just sort of toss around pirate ships

A far smaller attacker with somewhat similar AP and a sword for piercing damage could work pretty well, then. Focusing all the AP in a far smaller area than what a giant monster should be able to.

Piercing damage isn't significant in a scenario when it is a small enough weapon to not puncture vital organs. It isn't like, say, a bullet that can go through- it can only go as far as Percy can stick it. Furthermore, said larger creature is very much used to fighting foes a lot smaller than it.

OneBleachHurricane said:
Question, why is this on Content Revision?
wdym

AnonymousBlank said:
Percy tells it what to do ovo
counterargument: Kraken, the thing smarter than Extraordinary/Super Genius level Elder Brains, manipulates Percy into a deep depression over sixteen months where he eventually just starves to death

Oh yeah, how does Percy deal with the close range, 60 feet aura thingy? Or it doesn't matter if there's no one else to make him throw himself at?

OH yeah I sorta only explained that on Discord

the profile as it is very much vastly oversells that. even though that power is technically 4-D in potency, it explicitly only affects aquatic animal-level intelligence. So like sharks, fish, whales, etc. Which, granted, in D&D can reach up to Low 7-B in potency, it won't affect even a normal human.

That makes much better sense.

The added fact that Percy would need to really compensate for that Low-Mid regen despite his inability to carve out much from him is an added issue.

Come to think of it, this might be a Kraken win but I'm biased so I'll wait a little longer before voting

''bumpin'''

Fair enough, I'll do the same. Just one thing, Percy has sometimes attempted to kill enemies by pushing all their blood/other fluids out of their body. Could the Kraken survive that?

Armorchompy said:
Fair enough, I'll do the same. Just one thing, Percy has sometimes attempted to kill enemies by pushing all their blood/other fluids out of their body. Could the Kraken survive that?
Theoretically? Like first it debends a lot on what we classify that as. Biological Manip? No problem, resistance. Blood Manip? Sure, Kyuss has a similar resistable spell.

It's water manip, really. He manipulates the water in the blood.

Also, he's not gonna, but Percy could totally yeet the thing in space with that Class E

Armorchompy said:
Also, he's not gonna, but Percy could totally yeet the thing in space with that Class E
noted lol

One last thing, I'm unsure if his water control scales to his LS, but he could definitely try to crush squidboy with water.

I honestly dunno how that would work either but what stops the kraken from just swimming through given that it lives in water

Percy can make water solid.

His best water control feat should be the glacier one, but that's not really close to 6-C. It logically should be higher than his physical strength, but the issue here is that he shouldn't be 6-C in the first place. >_>

It has a new key, Low 7-B, already on the profile.

Back