• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sealing Away Naruto's 5-B in a Chibaku Tensei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premise​

SPCT does not scale to physicals.

Argument​

A common argument for SPCT scaling to physicals is that Chakra as a system is a UES, thus the SPCT jutsu as a jutsu would scale to physicals (of people like Hagoromo, Naruto, Sasuke, etc.). To cite the text of the ancient one himself, "These "Ace Techniques", however, differ from even regular Ninjutsu, not just physicals. They are usually FAR above everything in a character's arsenal, be it Ninjutsu or Taijutsu, and there's usually a very clear discernable reason for that being the case beyond raw power. I'll go over a few prominent "special moves" in hopes of explaining how they differ from regular techniques, and why their existence does NOT contradict the premise of this thread."

Claim 1: They are usually FAR above everything in a character's arsenal, be it Ninjutsu or Taijutsu

The SPCT is far above any other calc that the God Tiers scale to in both Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. The crux of this point is that the other techniques and avenues of scaling for those who have the SPCT is not consistent. The next highest feat for the verse is Toneri splitting the moon at 5-C. Which, regardless of which side of the camp you are on for TCM Toneri backscaling to Shippuden, is well over 100x weaker than the 5-B SPCT that everyone scales to.

Claim 2: there's usually a very clear discernable reason for that being the case beyond raw power

There is a clear reason for the SPCT being far beyond what we normally see from the characters, at least in the case in which we actually see the technique being used on screen. Kaguya uses the Byakugan to scan Naruto and Sasuke, we are shown that a special, extra-radiant source of chakra exists in both their hands associated with the SPCT seals. Black Zetsu also denotes that the SPCT as a sealing jutsu is most powerful, and that the power within the seals resonate when it's in proximity with its opposite. So, we know that the SPCT seals have a special chakra, as a jutsu itself it is held within a tier of its own, and that the powers resonate in combination with each other. All of which indicate that this jutsu is not a normal jutsu, and all of which offer some explanation for why it would be beyond the raw power of the SPCT users normally. Kaguya/Black Zetsu should be knowledgeable on these claims as well, considering Hagoromo and Hamura utilized this technique in the exact same manner as Naruto and Sasuke did, so she/it has experienced this jutsu in practice before. Additionally, the fourth databook states the SPCT compiles a large amount of chakra to create these satellites (moons). From everything we are given, the SPCT chakra is beyond the normal amount of chakra being utilized by these characters.

Shadow Assist​

Shadow gave me permission to cite their argument, and they worded it very well so I'll quote them directly.
Pain goes from being completely dominated by Naruto in his six-tailed form to incapacitating him and forcing him to morph into the eight-tailed variant to counteract the gravitational pull of Chibaku Tensei. While limiting a character's strength based on showings from significantly weaker individuals may not be a decisive argument, it does establish a precedent. Given the lack of feats or statements indicating relativity, Chibaku Tensei is treated as a potent ultimate ability. The six paths variant is even more potent, capturing and nullifying significantly stronger individuals, albeit requiring two participants.

The point that Shadow is bringing up here, is that we have precedence that the Chibaku Tensei jutsu outscales your own physicals. Pain goes from losing to someone to absolutely shutting them down with his CT. Furthermore, in the Boruto anime we see that Fused Momo has to result to a giant dragon to bust out of Sasuke's CT, despite only needing small dragons to beat down on Sasuke. Which is additional proof that the CT and by extension SPCT jutsu are beyond the user's normal physicals.

Conclusion​

SPCT should not scale to physicals, because there is due reason to assume that the power of that jutsu is far beyond everything else in the characters' arsenals. As far as alternative methods of scaling, since we currently base all our scaling off of the SPCT, recently Toneri's moon split got accepted as concretely 5-C, so we can just do that for the time being until Shadow drops their god tier thread.

Agree: Slayer, Damage, Tracer, KT, Mav
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
darth-vader-it-is-acceptable.gif

So are they still gonna have 5-B through the SPCT though on their profiles?
For Hagoromo and Hamura. The creation and propulsion of the moon that Naruto and Sasuke did wasn't nearly as high as the initial one. They'd have no reason to scale

That's something probably worth discussing, should Nardo and Sussy's "Blah with SPCT" be the same as Ham and Cheese's "5-B with SPCT".

What about those destroying the planet statements?
That would remain for Toneri as 5-B with Light of Justice, ik that Shadow wants to address that in their god tier thread, so I'd rather save that for then. If possible

That's something probably worth discussing, should Nardo and Sussy's "Blah with SPCT" be the same as Ham and Cheese's "5-B with SPCT".
Their only showcase of the SPCT was a far inferior one, with the only thing relative being the creation of the moon.

I'd be fine with
5-C+ (link calc), likely 5-B with SPCT (Shouldn't be too inferior to Hagoromo and Hamura's SPCT. Were given half the chakra of Hagoromo each in order to utilize the SPCT)

At first impressions I'd say "Probably not" since the jutsu / chakra for the both of them came from just Hagoromo and the original SPCT was a product of both Hagoromo and Hamura.

At first impressions I'd say "Probably not" since the jutsu / chakra for the both of them came from just Hagoromo and the original SPCT was a product of both Hagoromo and Hamura.
Do you think it should be halved, or do you think KT's suggestion is fine/better

I don't see why they'd scale to the one that Hagoromo and Hamura created when we literally saw their SPCT in action, and it was 5-C+. Like, that just sounds like a big ass nothing burger of a hypothetical to me.

Question, so with these Blah with SPCT, will Blah be the full value of the SPCT or will it be halved since two people make it?

Question, so with these Blah with SPCT, will Blah be the full value of the SPCT or will it be halved since two people make it?
Half since both contributed to it or full but specified similar to the what the profiles do with Majestic Attire Susanoo?

Aight, I'm fine with it being Ham and Cheese are 5-B with SPCT and Nort and Shart are 5-C+ with it
What of the unlikely scenario where someone claims that "Surfshark's regular VPN" scales to half the value of the "Nord & Surfshark combo Six Months VPN" using Firefox Mozilla as one of their justifications?

Quite sure there are statements about sum ninjutsu being the strongest after SPCT was used but maybe better to bring those up in the God Tier revisions if Shadow doesn't

That's something probably worth discussing, should Nardo and Sussy's "Blah with SPCT" be the same as Ham and Cheese's "5-B with SPCT"
Nard and Sauce both have statements of them being comparable to Hags along with showing relativity to someone stated equal to him(Madara) so I don’t see why not.

Not to mention we have no reason to assume Hags would give them a weaker sun and moon seal than what was used to barely defeat Kaguya in the past.

At worse we half the value since they both have bare minimum half of Hags chakra.

Agree and Disagree (I’ll Explain). SPCT is created using Hagoromo’s Six Paths Chakra, which Naruto and Sasuke retains. It’s functionally no different than the other CT Variants from Pain, Madara and Sasuke (Especially Sasuke).

Chakra Control dictates that the Chakra used for SPCT can be used for other Jutsu as well as Amping one’s physicals.

So while I agree that the characters don’t “innately” scale to value in physicals, they can via Chakra Control, and have shown the capacity to do so. So if their normal stats are put at a Lower Level, I think it would be fair to have listed:

5-B w/ Chakra Control (Able to Amplify their statistics with the same Chakra used for SPCT)”

When have they ever shown the capacity to amp their stats to the same level as the Six Paths Chibaku Tensei?

Also, we don't accept that normal Chibaku Tensei scale to the character's usual jutsu / physicals either.

Nagato's Chibaku Tensei is rated higher than his other stats.

Nard and Sauce both have statements of them being comparable to Hags along with showing relativity to someone stated equal to him(Madara) so I don’t see why not.

Not to mention we have no reason to assume Hags would give them a weaker sun and moon seal than what was used to barely defeat Kaguya in the past.

At worse we half the value since they both have bare minimum half of Hags chakra.
I'd be fine with a fusion of Nard/Sus SPCT, possibly Hag/Ham SPCT, since I agree that their SPCT is likened visually to Ham/Hag's

Agree and Disagree (I’ll Explain). SPCT is created using Hagoromo’s Six Paths Chakra, which Naruto and Sasuke retains. It’s functionally no different than the other CT Variants from Pain, Madara and Sasuke (Especially Sasuke).

Chakra Control dictates that the Chakra used for SPCT can be used for other Jutsu as well as Amping one’s physicals.

So while I agree that the characters don’t “innately” scale to value in physicals, they can via Chakra Control, and have shown the capacity to do so. So if their normal stats are put at a Lower Level, I think it would be fair to have listed:

5-B w/ Chakra Control (Able to Amplify their statistics with the same Chakra used for SPCT)”
That isn't functionally different from Blah with SPCT, the onus would be on you to prove what other techniques it would scale to tho. Think of it like the FRS, just because Nard has to control his chakra in order to form the FRS, doesn't mean we grant his physicals "FRS with chakra control".

Screw that

The OP shows there’s much more chakra on their seals than in the rest of their bodies

We know they’re amped by SPC. That isn’t an issue nor a debunk.

We also know they aren’t amped by the same amount of SPC.

Source doesn’t matter. It’s the amount they’re amped with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back