• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Semiramis (Fate: Apocrypha) vs Merascylla (Nanatsu no Taizai)

Can a Servant even be soul ripped?

Aren't their manifestations essentially a inferior version of the materialisation of the soul?

Dont see why not. Though Servants being a soul might have different interaction with soul rip differing from the norm? (goes poof instead of body dropping dead without soul)

Mera's soul rip basically involves pulling the soul out of the body, over to herself, then eating it.

So... she might struggle with eating a servant if she's trying to do it to their entire spiritual being.

The Servant's materialized body might get canceled/dematerialize if Merascylla pulled off a soul rip. But eh dunno about NNT that much aside from what i heard from hearsay since i stop reading NNT right just before Commandements show up. So cant say for sure

I rather doubt that Soul Rip would harm a Servant. They are just spirits that can take on a corporeal form through the use of Mana. So, really having their soul ripped out is not exactly harmful to them, considering they are souls/spirits able to fight. It also seems like Meraskylla requires physical contact to extract souls from more powerful foes, considering she had to touch Ban. The other requires a Incantation.

Other than that, Semiramis has by far the better skillset. Summoning into Drunk Kings Poison is basically doing nothing since everything will just die instantly. Meras Poison will propably not work, considering that Semiramis has a lot more poison and a lot better and can breath it in like it is nothing.

Also, Semiramis has dozens more attack and defense options. So, I vote Semiramis.

Won't soulrip like... I dunno... just pull Semiramis towards her and none else? She's essentially a piece of the original's soul made corporeal by a temporary miracle, and all that jazz.

Their materialized body is still (relatively) flesh and blood. Soul rip most likely can force a Servant out of their body. The Servant in question might or might not materialize a body again if that happens. Though a repeated materialization of a body can mean higher magical energy expenditure. While the soul rip itself might not be that harmful to the servant, it could render them harmless because they technically lost a body

Servants can freely dissolve into Spiritual Form via Mana, considering that they do it all the time in the anime.

And I'd think after getting her Body destroyed apart for the first time, she would just use her NP before she can end the Incantation again. Have fun speaking when your Blood turns into toxin.

Back