• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Series that you recognize are bad, yet still enjoy

Thebluedash

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
^Read title.

Mine are Corpse Party and School Days. Like I know they're bad, but I like it for some reason :3

I wouldn't call it bad really, but in my opinion Kill la Kill isn't that amazing of an anime with a few flaws. But I happen to enjoy it a whole lot.

Corpse Party is one of the dumbest things I ever watched, which is why I love it. It wasn't meant to be funny, but it was. KLK is not nearly as bad as Corpse Party ovo.

Family Guy. It used to be pretty good, but now I just watch it out of habit.

Ditto with most Marvel Comics, although I do not even enjoy them anymore.

Taking a break for a second, i'll agree with FG too. They really started going downhill when they screwed Brian's character up BAD.

Well, I have started reading more books again, when I find the time. They are generally much more coherent, intelligent, deep, and enjoyable than Marvel or DC.

Regardless that the western comicbook writers recurrently delude themselves into thinking that they are part of the smartest medium, it has mainly devolved into braindead political propaganda.

Probably my favourite Books I used to read were Vampirates and Skullduggery Pleasant. I wonder how those stories ended, haven't read them in years

Yup. I did grow up on them, and they are not the slightest bit entertaining anymore, just clumsily manipulative extremely dishonest mouthpieces for regressive fundamentalism.

It is very disappointing all in all.

Antvasima said:
Well, I have started reading more books again, when I find the time. They are generally much more coherent, intelligent, deep, and enjoyable than Marvel or DC.

Regardless that the western comicbook writers recurrently delude themselves into thinking that they are part of the smartest medium, it has mainly devolved into braindead political propaganda.
I'm kind of the opposite though. Really want to get out of some novel, but the thought that I didn't know more just push me.And I the type that like comedy with laugh effect and Teen Titan GO anyway.

Vampire Diaries (even if i must say the 7th season is not bad albeit the story makes no real sense for me anymore :/ )

Mr.Robot, it isnt really "bad" but it goes on and on while i somehow are bored but still entertained, does anyone know this feeling?

Simpsons (out of habit im still watching)

^Huh... guess a newly watched Simpsons viewer will never understand the feeling of the old-timer. I'm still too virgin to see it's still good.

Marvel Comics nowadays. They know of every possible way to make anything seemingly good turn utterly crap.

Pokemon, it was getting good with XY when the people who made Origins took the helm, but then Ash lost so meh.

Sword Art Online - Cancer the animation, though Alicization is really hype now that it has a manga.

Taboo Tattoo.

Naruto, post Pain arc.

Highschool of the Dead.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, post Hinazuki arc, though it ended already.

GATE, would do so if the manga bothered to update or if it gets another season.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, see GATE.

Did so with Guilty Crown.

Did so with Kiznaiver.

Kuusen Madoushi was a fustercluck of stupid, but the MC was chill so yeah.

Oreimo turned crap after MC broke up with best girl.

Saekano.

Seitokai Yakuindomo, repetetive it may be, it still gets chuckles out of me.

Bone the Girl... I-I mean Strike the Blood.

Zero no Tsukaima, because I had to have some knowledge on the verse if I'm to read fanfics.

To Love-Ru

Repetitive history, fanservice is predictible, and the only interesting part of the plot (Yami's history) barely has relevance

Still enjoying it thoƒæì

Andykhang said:
^Huh... guess a newly watched Simpsons viewer will never understand the feeling of the old-timer. I'm still too virgin to see it's still good.
not sure if it has to do with new-watcher or old-timer but imo the older episodes nearly killed me with their jokes but post season 22 or 23 it only went down with them :/

Digimon Adventure Tri isn't exactly bad in my opinion, but it could be so much better. The art direction is just so generic and animation is just plain lazy, especially for a "movie series". While Adventure never had good animation, it had a cool art direction with water-colored backgrounds. The animation quality is just so bad, especially in Tri 2: Determination. Theirs two scenes where the characters just stop moving for a good few seconds, seriously.

Still, the writing is great and a has killer OST. While the animation in Tri 2 was nearly unwatchable, especially compared to Tri 1 which had solid animation, the writing was way better so I guess it evens out?

Xiaolin Chronicles would fit too. While Xiaolin Showdown wasn't an amazing show, their was something special about it that made me really like it. The sense of humor was great, the "energy" was good, the heroes were likable and the villains were awesome.

Chronicles on the other hand has so many inconsistencies with the original series that it feels like an alternate timeline, in fact, with the introduction of multiverse theory, it may very well be. Chronicles has a ton of issues. The characters forgot major plot points from the original series, some characters are renamed (Guan is now Guan'O for some reason), they reused plots from the original series, Dojo as a character is flanderized horribly, Chase Young doesn't have the same level of menace, ect.

Still, I am enjoying the series for what it is. The new voice actors are actually pretty, Kimiko is more relevant to the plot, Ping Pong is just adorable (even if his character as a concept is incredibly lazy). I also enjoy how the plot is written, with an overarching plot from the get go.

Also, Civilization IV: Colonization would fit too, I guess. It's not a series but a single video game in the Civilization franchise. The game itself is a rather basic and simplified remake of the DOS original that gets old rather fast. But I just find the era that the game takes place in fascinating and I just simply adore Civilization IV, which the game is heavily based off of.

Honestly speaking,I still now watch Beyblade series(including original series,G-revolution,metal fusion,metal masters,metal fury,shogun steel).Now 'Beyblade Burst' is ongoing.

I really know watching and playing with beyblades is childish,yet something prevents me to stop this practice totally...

Starbound seems to be more or less hated due to lacking many promised features, production taking so long and other things, yet I still really enjoyed it.

Dragon Ball GT for me. While I don't really consider it bad by any stretch, I do now know that it has quite a few flaws in it. Not that it stops me from liking the series for the most part (Baby also happens to be my fourth favorite DB villain after Zamasu, Frieza and Goku Black).

Bleach for me. I started to lose investment after they brought Grimmjow back, not that I hate the guy, but everything after he came back wasn't really hype to me due to kubo not showing us ichigo's bankai sooner than later.

The Everlasting said:
Dragon Ball GT for me. While I don't really consider it bad by any stretch, I do now know that it has quite a few flaws in it. Not that it stops me from liking the series for the most part (Baby also happens to be my fourth favorite DB villain after Zamasu, Frieza and Goku Black).
same I really like the idea just it could have been done better

Edit: To love ru was just hilarious but lacked story tbh still enjoyable though it was boradering H lol

I might get flack for this one, but a couple of episodes of Johnny Test made me chuckle. Mostly "Phat Johnny".

Back