• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae (1) vs Esdeath (7) (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed Shantae is Low 7-B now so let's make two of my top 5 waifus fight.

• Speed not Equalized
  • Fight happens in Fuyuki City
  • Both are within 5 meters of each other
  • Base Esdeath (aka Low 7-B)
Shantae

Esdeath

Not seeing anything particularly dangerous compared to Esdeaths range advantage, plus time Stop

So I'm not sure what she can really do that's too dangerous before she pulls that.

It's activated by her speaking, in it, she can walk up to you and stab you in a vital organ

Yeah...not sure how Shantae can counter that. Is there a limit to it? Shantae could maybe survive and heal herself.

An unknown time and she can only use it once

She has no regen, so a vital is an insta win.

1. Shantae has healing
  2. Time Stop isn't Esdeath's first move. She's more likely to CQC or freeze Shantae.
Not necassarily say Esdeath loses because of this, but I don't think it's quite as one sided as you're making it out to be.

Esdeath - 2 (DatOneWeeb, Schnee)

Shantae - 0

Well, if it isn't her first move, Shantae could maybe use her bubble which has invulnerability. Meaning if she attacks with it, she won't do anything and the time stop will run out.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
If her healing is moot due to Time Stop then the leathal blow is moot as well, that's why it's Time Stop.
I have no idea what this means

@Dat I'm not sure how invulnerability will hope, Esdeath can just keep attacking until it breaks

And if she doesn't use it, then GG

My point is she won't die untill time resumes at which point, depending on where she's been stabbed, she'll have a small chance to heal herself

Her bubble doesn't break, it just runs out. However seeing as time is stopped, that thing won't be running out and she'll be safe in there.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
My point is she won't die untill time resumes at which point, depending on where she's been stabbed, she'll have a small chance to heal herself
Esdeath usually attacks most vital points (heart, brain) which leads to instant death.

DatOneWeeb said:
Her bubble doesn't break, it just runs out. However seeing as time is stopped, that thing won't be running out and she'll be safe in there.
The problem with that solution is one. In order to save herself with the shield bubble, Shantae would had to activate it literally seconds before Esdeath would attempt to froze time... Which is possible but very unlikely.

Too late? Esdeath stops the incantation, waits for the bubble to run out of time and then uses it.

Too early? Esdeath manages to froze time and kill her. Esdeath is a fighting genius capable of figuring out the abilities of her opponents... And Shantae is just a girl who gets tricked by everyone (even Rotty in new game by single clothes swap).... I just dont see her using it properly. My vote is going for Esdeath

Shantae's magic tiara "is supposed to be an endgame bonus for getting all the gallery keys, but considering the keys aren't any harder to find than the other items necessary for the good end, it's very likely players will have this before they set foot in the final world"

I doubt that It could be used in the canon or this fight (or any fight really because it literally makes her invincible whit bubble and that would be a big, fat STOMP).

It's like giving some RPG game character 'immortality in our abilities page because you can obtain this "'one secret item that you're supposed to get after beating main story" which gives you infinite health.

Plenty of video game characters have post game content included on their profiles here and just as many have stupidly overpowered items included as well. Why should Shantae be any different? Also, bubble only blocks projestiles.

There are three stages to bubble. The first one absorbs, the second upgrade deflects, and the third one makes her invulnerable.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Plenty of video game characters have post game content included on their profiles here and just as many have stupidly overpowered items included as well. Why should Shantae be any different? Also, bubble only blocks projestiles.
There's really not that many characters who have new game+ content in all honesty.

Both.

Endgame content is okay if it's canon that they should have it or there aren't contradictions

It'd be like going Leon S. Kennedy a PRL412 just because he can acquire that if you beat professional difficulty.

Yay I can use this to get back into this site!

Esdeath will pretty much never start with Timestop given her sadistic personality. She'll want to make the suffering last.

Most of Esdeath's projectiles are rendered mute by Shantae's bubble and even worse if she uses reflection. Now even if she has limited magic supply, I doub this fight will last long enough for either for her supply if items and her equioment that lessens her magic drain to be a point of discussion here.

Now could Shantae's vanishing cream work against Esdeath? I argue no given Esdeath's feats involving her perception senses.

We also have to remember Esdeath from what I see has no resistance to poisonm something Shantae could use in her sprider/drider form.

Here's the thing I think that gives Shantae an advantage, her Obliteratio Dance, a massive explosion done by dancing could have a large AoE overall and due to how Shantae activates it would not be easy for Esdeath to foresee before it happens on first usage.

We must also remember Shantae can produce gems and then use said gems to replenish her health with a dance.

I vote Shantae due to her versatility and Esdeath would in-character wait too long to use her Trump Card. She can activate her invulnerability and still continue to use ALL of her abilities while under it. Once she sense how sadistic Esdeath is I'd see Shantae using Invulnerability to get in close safely and use Obliteration Dance as a surprise attack.

I still haven't seen an argument for how Shantae gets past the time stop in that argument, does Esdeath go for time stop immediately? No. But does she need too? Not really

Shantae has no form of precognition or a way to tell that Esdeath has or can time stop, and can literally only figure it out through guesswork, which is extremely unlikely.

Esdeath is a ****** but she is not an idiot, and can and will time stop if absolutely necessary, that being her getting hit by an attack she has no knowledge of.

Also, Shantae's bubble, correct if I'm wrong but she uses it when Grounded, Esdeath can bypass with an underground Ice Spike.

Schnee One said:
I still haven't seen an argument for how Shantae gets past the time stop in that argument, does Esdeath go for time stop immediately? No. But does she need too? Not really
Shantae has no form of precognition or a way to tell that Esdeath has or can time stop, and can literally only figure it out through guesswork, which is extremely unlikely.

Esdeath is a ****** but she is not an idiot, and can and will time stop if absolutely necessary, that being her getting hit by an attack she has no knowledge of.

Also, Shantae's bubble, correct if I'm wrong but she uses it when Grounded, Esdeath can bypass with an underground Ice Spike.
Uhh that bubble encompasses the floor/ground. You're vastly overthinking how its shape in game works. besides when she jumps its bubble that forms around her. There's nothing to prove the magic has some gaping hole just because she's standing on a surface when using it.

I argue she can't actually get past it. Esdeath has frequently used it literally every time before she gets hit barring one time where she was distracted fighting off a literal army, so I again ask how Shantae can reach her and kill her before that.

Schnee One said:
I argue she can't actually get past it. Esdeath has frequently used it literally every time before she gets hit barring one time where she was distracted fighting off a literal army, so I again ask how Shantae can reach her and kill her before that.
"Esdeath is a ****** to the core and will drag out a fight she's enjoying to savor it."

Also she'd have to feel she'd NEED to use it since it drains her stamina, its going to be something she will not lead with or use early.

I also found that Makahadoma seems to last about 20 to 24 seconds. I dont think it matters here but just something I noticed.

Schnee One said:
Esdeath is a ****** but she is not an idiot, and can and will time stop if absolutely necessary, that being her getting hit by an attack she has no knowledge of
Already countered the first point here, I will give scans that say otherwise ic you think Esdeath will just sit there and take damage for no reason.

You about to get hit by an attack with no other way to avoid it is a textbook need, plus while she is weaker she really isn't that much weaker, she still fought off Night Raid by herself in the stadium.

Schnee One said:
Schnee One said:
Esdeath is a ****** but she is not an idiot, and can and will time stop if absolutely necessary, that being her getting hit by an attack she has no knowledge of
Already countered the first point here, I will give scans that say otherwise ic you think Esdeath will just sit there and take damage for no reason.
You about to get hit by an attack with no other way to avoid it is a textbook need, plus while she is weaker she really isn't that much weaker, she still fought off Night Raid by herself in the stadium.
She has to sense the attack is coming, Olbiteration Dance is just Shantae dancing, then suddenly a massive explosion.

She can sense attacks so that's not a huge issue, she can fight while blind.

Even then, it's not like that's an instant win for advantage, as she doesn't have the AP to one shot Esdeath unless she hits a vital.

Schnee One said:
She can sense attacks so that's not a huge issue, she can fight while blind.
Even then, it's not like that's an instant win for advantage, as she doesn't have the AP to one shot Esdeath unless she hits a vital.
She can sense a magic explosion acitvated by dancing? Dancing that would look the same to that of her transformation dances or other stuff?

it's an explosion, its kinda good at hitting vitals.

Explosions aren't great at hitting vitals in a fictional sense, they are blunt Area of Effect attacks that lack piercing damage.

She can sense danger so that's probably enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back