• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shifuto VS Izuku Midoriya

Shifuto via his lightning manipulation and healing factor. Midoriya doesn't have enough of a hold on One For All yet (at least not in the anime, which is all I've seen so far and I don't want spoilers).

First fight with new Shifuto ayy, let's go.

First off, debunking @Kick very quick on the One For All thing. This version of Deku could control One For All, but it's much weaker than 100% (Since this is 5-7%), which is why he's 9-A in this version.

As for the fight itself, I'm actually leaning towards inconclusive. At face value, you'd think Shifuto would win, as he has more abilities (Electricity Manipulation, Pseudo-Flight, Shockwave Generation (Deku doesn't have this ability in 5-7%), and Regenerationn). However, Deku has faced enemies that were above, if not far above him, and still came out on top through his sheer intellect and stamina, which he has the advantage in both. Shifuto may have the ability advantage, but Deku, always having a clear an analytical mind, even in fights, will find a way past Shifuto's abilities.

In summary, inconclusive since it's hax (which isn't that much) vs intelligence and stamina.

Also question: This would also depend on whether Shifuto has Xi force, or just his Regenerationn here. If he does, then Shifuto would eventually fall because he doesn't have Regenerationn. However if he does, then the question will be how fast can he regenerate? If he can regenerate super quickly, then he'll eventually win through that alone. However if it's slow enough to be overwhelmed, then I'm keeping my inconclusive for reasons I already stated above.

Regardless of how much of One For All he can use, he still is inexperienced with it. Shifuto doesn't need to think about using his power, and as such he will never be caught off guard because he wasn't maintaining it. He just IS that strong; Midoriya isn't. He's a fifteen year old kid (granted Shifuto is the same age, but no normal fifteen year old is 9-A). While Midoriya has faced strong opponents, those weren't strictly fights: his battle with Bakugo ended because Uraraka managed to tag the fake nuke, and his fight with All-Might was finished by Midoriya running away. Midoriya won in those instances because his goal was not to beat his opponent; it was to complete a different objective.

Shifuto has enough durability to withstand as many 5-7% One For All attacks as he needs to for the duration of the fight, whereas Midoriya cannot handle those kinds of attacks on a regular basis (though I will admit fighting with his arm and fingers broken like he did against Todoroki was pretty impressive).

You only listed fights that were in season 1. There are plenty more fights where no-one is there to save Deku, for instance his fight with Muscular, who is much stronger, and Deku won. Deku also doesn't need to think to maintain One For All. Once it's activated (which it automatically is in the beginning of the fight), he can just go and fight without thinking to keep it active, like All Might. In addition, he's also still smarter than Shifuto, and remember: even if he needs to think to keep One For All active, he still is able to have a clear mind and analyze the fight, so it nulls the disadvantage of having to think anyways, because he'll still be at peak condition. You're also forgetting that Deku also has higher than baseline durability, so he'll be able to take attacks too, as well as keep on fighting for a brief period longer, since he has superior stamina.

@Mark, Shifuto does have his Xi Force, including his regen. His regen takes a couple of seconds however, so I'm pretty sure Deku might be able to exploit it and find a way to overwhelm it, but I guess I'll count this vote as inconclusive.

Midoriya fought All MIght with Bakugo in season 2. Also in his fight against Stain, every time he disengaged from Stain he let Full Cowl drop and had to re-activate it, like when he paused to talk to Todoroki for a strategy. Saying he can do it just like All Might is simply untrue. We could argue about that more, but I see your point about him still having the advantage either way. And yes, I am forgetting that anime bullshit where human beings are made of steel and can willpower their way through broken bones and stab wounds and be more or less fine. But now that I know that Shifuto's regen is only a few seconds long, I think Midoriya might be able to exploit that. Overwhelming it, however, is completely different. If he wanted to, he could, but he'd have to do it at a higher than 5-7% Smash, which would likely injure him. I still think Shifuto takes this.

Back